|03-21-2003, 12:13 PM||#1|
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
Join Date: Jan 2003
Great appetizer to serve or bring to parties...
Before going low carb I made this to serve at parties, but realize that it's great for this woe as it is low carb anyway. I have seen several people wonder about what to bring to office parties, etc. so thought this might work - also great to snack on at home:
- Miniature mozzarella balls (should ideally be fresh mozzarella - can usually find this in the cheese sections of most supermarkets, but could also use the big balls of mozzarella and cut up into cubes)
- salami cut up into cubes (usually buy the log roll of salami - hard or semi-hard)
- marinated mushrooms (usually buy the marinated button kind in a jar - don't know how many carbs - should be low - if not could always use fresh button mushrooms and marinate in vinaigrette before using)
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- pepperoncini peppers
- red wine vinegar and olive oil vinaigrette
- chopped herbs (oregano especially)
- other possibilities: cauliflower, roasted red pepper, etc.
Cube the salami and add to a bowl with all the other ingredients - toss in the vinaigrette. You can either thread these on bamboo skewers (points for presentation and easy to eat) or place on a platter with plenty of toothpicks.
p.s. I checked the carb count of those marinated button mushrooms at the supermarket tonight - very low - ranges from 1 to 2 carbs a serving.
mini goal: 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155
205 on 01.15.07 195 on 02.18.07 185 on 03.26.07 175 on 04.22.07 165 on 06.17.07
Last edited by crazyredhead; 03-21-2003 at 06:50 PM..