|06-27-2003, 08:37 AM||#1|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
WOE: Atkins Low Carb
Does anyone have ....
a Chicken w/ Broccoli (oriental) recipe
I checked the recipe room and there is a Beef w/ Broccoli recipe, but traditionally the sauce is different and I like the Chicken w/ broccoli sauce better.
|06-28-2003, 02:31 AM||#2|
Way too much time on my hands!
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
Here'e one of Bruce's recipes. It's for Chicken and Zucchini, but if you replace the zucchini for broccoli, I think you'd end up with the flavor you're looking for.
Home Cookin 4.6 Chapter: Low Carbohydrate Recipes
Asian - Stir Fried Chicken And Zucchini In Ginger Sauce
3/4 Pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 2" pieces
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon dry sherry
1 Medium bell pepper, cut into 2" strips
1 Medium zucchini, cut into chunks
2 Tablespoons scallion, minced
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
1. Toss chicken with soy sauce and sherry in medium bowl; set aside and toss
once or twice as you work on rest of recipe. Prepare sauce and vegetables;
2. Heat wok over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoons oil and
heat until it smokes.
3. Drain chicken and add to wok. Stir-fry until seared and about 3/4 cooked,
2-1/2 to three minutes. Scrape cooked chicken and all liquid into bowl.
Cover and keep warm.
4. Let wok come back up to temperature, 1 to 2 minutes. When hot, drizzle in
2 teaspoons oil. When oil starts to smoke, add red pepper and cook 30 to 60
seconds. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, then add zucchini and cook 30 seconds.
5. Clear center of wok and add scallions, garlic and ginger. Drizzle with
1/2 teaspoon oil. Mash. Cook until fragrant but not colored, about 10
seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir for 20 seconds.
6. Return pan to heat and add cooked chicken. Stir in sauce and stir-fry
until ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot, about 1
Proud member of the SHRINKING VIOLETS [/color]
[color=red]At the Canada Challenge thread every day![/color]