Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Success Stories!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-success-stories/)
-   -   any inspiring success stories of weight loss after a month of low carb??!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-success-stories/799892-any-inspiring-success-stories-weight-loss-after-month-low-carb.html)

ktsandoval 03-19-2013 02:27 PM

any inspiring success stories of weight loss after a month of low carb??!!!

I know i can probably look this up on the success stories section of this site, but i seem to get more responses in this forum. Just need some motivation!!! I've been in a vicious cycle of giving up after one month of some kind of diet for the last few years. But i am determined as ever, especially if i have people in the same boat supporting each other. Please message me your success stories to keep me going!!!!! Thanks everybody!
Kat

Biochic 03-19-2013 02:58 PM

We have very similar stats. I think I lost about 15 lbs the first month. I'm down 24 lbs now after 2 1/2 months. Size 16 down to a loose 12.

ktsandoval 03-19-2013 03:09 PM

Wow Lisa that's awesome!!! I am doing 30-40 carbs or less. I have gone down about 5 inches but i gave up the scale as it has always been a good tool bad tool for me (mostly bad.) So you are strictly Atkins with no carbs at all?? Maybe that's what i need to do. I've had a few hiccups the last 2 weekends and that in itself probably pushed back any weight loss. I seem to be the SLOW weight loss story!!! I wish i could drop 15lbs that easily. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your journey. Let me know of you'd be interested in checking in with each other since our stats are similar.
Kat

Gibbs 03-19-2013 03:16 PM

My turn to brag!! 22 pounds in the first 4 weeks, holding steady on week #5.

Ps, 20 or less carbs a day, haven't strayed yet, and I'd probably do better if I'd exercise!

ktsandoval 03-19-2013 03:18 PM

Your awesome Gibbs!!!! Bragging rights well deserved!!!! Keep it up!!!!
Kat

ravenrose 03-19-2013 03:38 PM

to me the most inspiring first months are those that are followed by many many more months. most people don't lose as much as these exciting amounts, but it doesn't matter. what matters is, what are you going to weigh next year? in five years?

people lose and gain and then lose and gain. the most important thing is to stop that cycle, because you end up bigger every time.

good luck to all.

Biochic 03-19-2013 03:46 PM

My carbs come from veggies and yogurt. The yogurt is always a question mark because some schools of thought say the carb/sugar count is less than indicated due to bacteria consuming them. YMMV but I have always had success incorporating it. I keep carbs between 20-30 most days
As Ravenrose states, wt loss slows considerably after the first few weeks. This is note my first time at this rodeo:stars: I had maintained a 70 lb wt loss for almost 3 years and then- well I'm not sure exactly what happened but I fell off the wagon and did not climb back on until I was back at my original start wt:cry: .That does not negate my success these past 80 days - yes I'm counting:hyst:
Every success is worth noting but before you celebrate just realize you may be just one slip from the slide back to start. But everyone one here has had a starting point and if you are successful for a day, a week, a month- than you are more successful than you had been:)

ziva 03-25-2013 10:07 PM

Only on week 2 and down 15.2..... yay!

ktsandoval 03-26-2013 08:47 AM

Ziva!!! That's awesome!!! This week I'm keeping everything under 20 gms of carbs. I've lost about 5 inches in the last 5 weeks. Hoping to see more of a significance next few weeks by dropping my carb grams. How's your low carb diet/lifestyle going? How many carbs do you take in? Good luck in your journey and keep me posted.
Kat

ziva 03-27-2013 07:33 PM

Thanks Kat. I'm probably around 15 grams of carbs a day. I have low energy though. I might pick up to 20 grams when I get into Wonderland. Until then I'm gonna try to stick to 15. The first few weeks were tough, lots of temptation. I even cried over a reeses peanut butter egg in week 1 lol! Cravings are gone now, and I must say I'm loving the real butter.... how has it been for u?

ktsandoval 03-27-2013 10:10 PM

Ziva, I've had a few bumps here and there but so far so good this week. However, we are going to an Easter party this Sunday!!!! I don't know if I'm strong enough!! I do use ketone sticks to see if I'm fat burning. It's just a great tool for me. I feel you on the reeses peanut butter egg!!! Whenever i feel the need for sweets (which is often) i reach for sugar free jello and add some whip cream in a can to it ( 1 carb) to get my sweet fix. Are you getting any exercise?
Kat

ziva 03-28-2013 02:31 PM

No exercise. I haven't had the energy but I just read a post that said the reason for low energy is not eating enough. I think I'm going to keep doing what Im doing till my weigh in day which is monday and then next week I'm going to try to start exercising. Last year, I did P90X. I did it for the full 90 days and the transformation was so awesome! I was not eating right though so my weight loss was minimal. I think I may have lost 12 lbs the entire three months. I figure if I can do adkins and P90 at the same time I might really rock out some results. I'll take some before, during and after photos to share with ya. I'm afraid of doing the sweets even if they are low carb. I'm worried the taste of it might get me craving some of the really good sweet foods. Lately I keep thinking about Haag Daz - Caramel Cone Ice cream. Oh wow. Ok, enough about that. lol Got a meatloaf in the oven and it smells pretty good. Used cheese instead of bread crumbs so we will see how that turns out. Got any favorite recipes? Also I don't really know what I'm doing on this site right now. Sometimes I have trouble finding my posts. haha. How do I do that? I did figure out how to get a pic on there though.

wastednuffime 03-30-2013 07:01 AM

Lost almost 7-lbs this month...

Since I've already lost virtually 1/2 my starting weight, albeit slow going now, I'll happily take it!!

ps; I'm no newbie to LC'-ing...

ktsandoval 03-30-2013 03:51 PM

Ziva: how was the meatloaf!???? As far as favorite recipes...I'm not really a cook....i mean easy things i can do (all the high carb stuff of course) Lately, I've been doing oven baked fish, subway salad (so good) shrimp etc. still trying to keep the motivation. Not having a good weekend....feeling bloated and yuck.... I love hot power yoga so much!! Right now that is the best exercise regime for me bc this extra weight hurts my knees. Anyway, let me know if you'd like to Buddy up or something?
Kat

bacon bit 03-30-2013 04:14 PM

I lost about 15 pounds after strict Atkins Induction for about three weeks or so. The first time I did it by the book, I lost 14 pounds in two weeks. I like to lose and maintain a while, then I come back to Induction to lose more. I'm finding it pretty smooth now, to the point where I don't move out of Induction for 20 meals a week. I eat for fuel and pay attention to my body. I've learned a lot just by listening to what my body tells me. Three days was a hard point. There was one or two other hard points before hitting a month for me, then again at the one month mark. One month becomes difficult, I think. But after that, I haven't even thought about stopping. I feel good and my body feels cleansed. Knowing I can have something later really helps me.

ktsandoval 03-30-2013 04:47 PM

Bacon bit...looks like your stats are close to mine and what i aim for. What foods were you eating during your induction phase?? What do you eat now? When do you eat to fuel? Like what signs do toy watch for? Also, what do you carb up with? So by low carbing it, how much total weight have you lost and how long did it take you?
Kat

bacon bit 03-30-2013 05:22 PM

I eat just about the same way every single day. My day looks like this:
Atkins Cafe Caramel shake (Or cafe something, it's got coffee in it, it says)
Coffee with hwc and liquid sweet n low (I haven't had to give up AS yet)
3/4 c. Romaine lettuce, sometimes .5 oz swiss cheese, up to 2/3 sweet bell pepper, about 8 sugar snap peas, about a dozen pea shoots, one pearl cherry tomato, and basil paste (found with herbs at local store, use in place of dressing) and one serving of meat or a hard boiled egg.
Up to 4 eggs, 5 chicken, tomato, and mozzarella meatballs, up to .5 oz swiss cheese.
Atkins Vanilla shake

That and a bunch of water-but not gallons or anything, just enough so that I'm not thirsty or dehydrated. On Friday nights and ONLY Friday nights, I eat whatever I want. I try to mix it up, but there are some things I think I miss. Truth is, the way I feel on Saturdays after eating too much on Friday isn't really worth it. I went overboard last night and consumed about 150 carbs, I think. I'm usually under 20. I've found that I have to eat those leafy veggies in order to lose weight. Sometimes I make mashed cauliflower and mashed brussels sprouts (I cook them on the stove, drain the water, add them to butter, hwc, salt, pepper, in the food processor, along with a slice of asiago cheese-YUM! and so fast!). I don't always have the shakes, but when I wake up sometimes I notice I'm shaking or stumbling. I figure a healthy person wouldn't be feeling that way, so my body must need fuel-I drink a shake. It helps. Right now I'm on an egg kick. I just really want them, and so I'm going with it. I know Dr. Atkins wants me to eat a cooked veggie with my dinner, probably. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. My lunch egg sometimes becomes my mid-morning snack. Occasionally I'll throw in an Atkins meal bar or treat bar if I need something. Or I'll have pork rinds. Sometimes I make a strawberry "smoothie", but no more than once a week. Frozen strawberries, a few frozen cherries, hwc, dry cherry jell-o, and boiling water after everything is mixed. I split it with my family, so I'm never more than probably 10 carbs with that. I also have a tendency to fast most of Saturday, but I still do a shake and coffee in the morning. That's just my body feeling crummy after too many carbs Friday night. The reason I chose to carb up at night is because if I eat higher carbs during the day, I crave more all day long.

I started LC'ing to get pregnant in 2006. I know I lost 7 pounds a week for the first 3 weeks, but after that all I know is I lost 34 pounds by four months. That was with one carbier treat a week (tall sf cappuccino-11 carbs, I think). I got pregnant then and maintained my weight enough to get pregnant again. I had postpartum depression and took Paxil. I gained 25 pounds in like a month or something crazy. I just LC'ed again and got down to 149. I maintained until this past December when my PCOS flipped twice right in a row and I gained about 10 pounds one week, then 8 another. I said forget this, so I'm back to Induction. I do really well maintaining, but the hormonal stuff has a mind of its own-though LC generally fixes that. So, I weighed 201 when I finally weighed in 2006, but I wouldn't be surprised if I weighed 25 pounds more than that. And now I weigh 148. The hormonal weight probably put me up to...at least 165, possibly 175. That's where I was mid-January of this year. Strict Induction for 3.5 weeks. Since then, Induction all but Friday nights.

ktsandoval 03-30-2013 08:37 PM

Wow baconbit.....even your story sounds like mine. I'm not only doing this to feel better, but my hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant the last few years with no success. I attribute that mostly to my weight. When i was in my 20s the weight flew off of me. Now into my 30s it just wants to stay there like its imprisoned. Do you get any exercise? Any other tips to keep going and losing? Thanks.
Kat

bacon bit 03-31-2013 05:43 AM

I work two highly active jobs. I sweat when I work. If I take time off, my body feels like it hasn't gotten a workout. I tried exercise beyond that, but other than volleyball with my kids, or catch or soccer, I end up with asthma problems bad enough that I land in the hospital. The past few years my asthma has been odd that way.
I just prefer to stay away from processed foods. I've had to add in shakes and bars because I get so satiated that I forget to eat. I had an eating disorder creep up a few times in my past so I know when I start controlling every morsel that goes in my mouth, I'm going the wrong way. But those shakes help, and make my motherly figures feel better, too. I like to prep everything on Sunday for the while week. My ingredients get put together so I just grab and go, not letting it run my life.

annsan43 06-24-2013 06:13 PM

Any certain diet

Are any of you doing Atkins or just totally low carb?

JAE 07-22-2013 01:04 PM

I'm on my 6th day of low carb and this morning I weighed in 10lbs lighter :)

I did low carb a few years back and lost 50 lbs (30 of them in the first month) but after having a baby I kept 15 lbs on. So now I'm back at it to lose those 15 lbs plus more. My best friend is getting married in October and my wedding is in December. So those two things are what's keeping me motivated. My goal is to lose 40 lbs total. So....10lbs down...30 more to go!!!!

annsan43 07-24-2013 08:43 PM

JAE....you are just doing low carb. What do you eat? I would like to loose 85 to 90 pounds. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Lee524 07-25-2013 02:38 AM

After a little more than 3 weeks I'm down 23 lbs, doing Atkins, I weigh weekly and make sure to get in enough water.

Good Luck to all.

goodeats 07-26-2013 11:11 AM

Hi! Just peeking in for some help and support. Sounds like y'all are very strong willed. I finally had to get mad about not losing for the last 6-8 months and give it another strong go. I started losing weight in 2011 and stalled in Dec. 2012. Now I'm back in the swing of it and really trying again. It's not easy when every one around me eats all the bad carbs that I would like to eat, but I know if I want to hit my goal, I need to stick with this. I hope to find a lot of support here.

Leylee24 07-30-2013 02:20 PM

In just over two months, I have lost about 20 lbs. I lost around 8 lbs in the first two weeks, since I was especially strict then. The best part is that for the first time ever, I have shrunken my stubborn belly fat. I've never had so many inches difference between my waist and hip measurement. I lead a very sedentary lifestyle, so this is only from dieting. I aim for a low carb high fat diet, but I don't count calories or carbs or anything... I just use common sense and make good choices. I try to balance out things, too, like a healthy protein, a green veggie, a good fat. If I don't have enough veggies, my digestion really suffers. I usually have a handful of almonds for breakfast (like 15-20). I've read that they curb your hunger, almonds specifically, plus they have fiber and good fats. Seems to be working for me. I eat salads, eggs, fish, steamed veggies, beans, soups. It's easy for me to avoid the worst carbs since I am gluten intolerant. I am lactose intolerant too, so no yogurt for me. Fruit is a special treat. I let myself cheat here and there, since this is really becoming a lifestyle choice rather than a diet. It gets a lot easier if you stick with it. A lot of the stuff I used to eat isn't nearly as appealing anymore. I am very conscious of portion sizes, too.

ktsandoval 07-31-2013 10:11 PM

Hi guys. ..I am the op of this thread. I went off low carb for awhile and decided to go with eating cleaner. I stopped lc due to the lack of energy. I struggled with morning workouts and just getting thru the day. However, I could definitely see myself shrinking while doing lc. I guess you could say I couldn't fight the demons at the time. Well, of course after doing so I realized that lc is so much easier than counting calories, watching for bad news food, highs and lows of taking in carbs etc etc. I'm hoping to keep this as a lifestyle this time around. I'll be keeping my carbs to 60-70 gms for now. Anywho..... wish me luck!!!! Hope you all find success as well.
Kat