Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
MY STORY

Hi friends

My first thoughts are welcome to LCF's! Coming here will change your life. You started this CHANGE when you created an account and created your user name.
Friend you are so lucky you found this forum. The friends you will make here will be your friends forever. Your BFF's.

I am Marylouise. I want to tell you so many things. Are you ready to have fun losing fluff?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...tkins-woe.html

Click on that link and enjoy this delightful read. The OP, original poster, has a cool way with words. When you finish click back on your browser to bring you back to here.

I started low carbing one year ago. It was March 2011. I did it on my own at first. It was lonely and at times harder than it should have been. A wonderful friend found me and brought me here. Her name is Whitedov and she is here today going strong. She has a thread and writes daily with her many friends, each one helping the other reach their goal. I think it was in July when she found me lost cold and lonely and almost ready to say FORGET THIS! Thank you again Whitedov {Linda}.

LCF'S ROCK!!

That link is cool too. I started it a few months or so back. I needed a place to say thank you to LCF for creating this wonderful place for all of us to help each other win this war against our fluff!

I have lost 123 pounds. But it may be a little more than that. I was at least 300 pounds when I decided I had to do something before it was too late. YEP I have lost some fluff and I had fun doing it. I have lost and gained tons. But no way was it ever fun doing it. Until LCF's came into my life.

Back in the 70's I went to W.W. and it wasn't half this much fun. Low carb is the diet I will be on for the rest of my life. I weigh 157, on light days. Today is not a light day. Today I weigh 160. I don't like that number. I kicked myself out of Ketosis. Working to get back into it. Almost there.

I want to weigh 130 pounds. I know one day I will reach my goal. Yall have found your permanent home for weight loss! Look down and you will see a big woman looking back at you. I almost died before I finally decided I had to lose at least 100 pounds, and get down to a livable weight. Look to your left and see the new me!

I will reach 130 and I will be here in maintenance forever!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
A beautiful story from a beautiful person inside and outside! Congrats on your present and future success, and a very special thanks for paying it forward here in LCF with your experience, knowledge and strength of character.
MargeGunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Congratulations Marylouise and thank you so much for taking time to share your story!!! Very, very motivating. I wish you continued success in your low carb life!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your VERY inspiring story!! I can totally relate and am encouraged!! KUTGW!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Marge and DG and Julie!

Yall are doing great too!

Julie you have made it past your goal. Congrads to you!

DG you too are doing great! Almost at your goal!

Marge look at how far you have come! You are almost at your goal!

Thank you yall:hug s:
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Awww great story marylouise!!! You have done so well.. Especially when you had to do it by yourself at first.. You have proven that it really so much more helpful when you have a good support system like LCF! I am so glad you found yourself here and are enjoying the site so much!! Thanks for sharing your story!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeyfish
Stats: 210/195.8/135
WOE: Atkins (grain/wheat free)
Start Date: May 8, 2012
Marylouise, I just love looking at your before and after pictures! You look so happy! Thanks for sharing your story - very inspirational!
Monkeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyfish View Post
Marylouise, I just love looking at your before and after pictures! You look so happy! Thanks for sharing your story - very inspirational!
Monkeyfish

Cheri

I lost this link and it found it's way back to me

Today I have lost 134.6 pounds!

Monkeyfish I am very HAPPY
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/281.8/253.4/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: March 16, 2014
Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring and was well needed as I start my weight loss journey (hopefully for the last time) on Monday September 10, 2012.

Thanks again. I need all the inspiration I can get.
SlimWithin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Come join our thread! We would ALL help you as much as we can. We have a challenge thread, too.
I did Atkins 72 Induction for 17 months. In just the past week I have started walking up the Ladder rungs. There are several just starting like you. And some that have lost a lot and regained.

We all will Welcome you with hugs and many good tips. :0
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello ya'll. I hit a bump in the road and it knocked me down but it did not stop me. I shall forever continue onward and downward!

Never ever give up and you will do it too!!!!

I have lost 141 pounds. It is an exact number. I did not get on the scales when I started LCing. I was too scared of the true number. Now that's pretty bad when you hide from yourself!

Putting yourself (out-there) helps sooooooooooooooooo much, so be true to yourself. If you can't look at yourself, it makes it harder to stay on plan. I am speaking from my past experiences.

I want to weigh around 140. But I don't think I can get that number. Might but don't know yet. I dont think I have weighed that since grammar school. In a few months I will be 62. I think you can get too old to ever be skinny and healthy at the same time.

I will fight forever to keep the weight off I have lost!!!
This I am sure of. Too much going against me, to regain!