Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellanight2010
Stats: 329/256/190 (5'8")
WOE: Atkins (high fat/mod protein/lowcarb)
Start Date: 11/29/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I hit the 100-lb. mark today.
Vilya - Congratulations!! I so admire your perseverance and success. It gives me the push to keep going. Thank you so much for sharing!
Bellanight2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alevity
110 lbs and so grateful

last year i poured over the forum and used its advice to change my life. I am so happy I had you all though i never said it or commented but you changed my life thank you
alevity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Congratulations to all of you!

Alevity - great pictures!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kcladyz
I have a question. have any of you NOT had any ugly loose skin issues with your weigh tloss?
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

I have arrived

I have now reached the point I dont need to loose more, however I am staying in ketosis because I love all the other benefits. I now cheat with yogurt and fruit twice a month. thank you all so much
Old 05-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kcladyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevity View Post

I have now reached the point I dont need to loose more, however I am staying in ketosis because I love all the other benefits. I now cheat with yogurt and fruit twice a month. thank you all so much
Wow you are very handsome. I hope I can get the strength and will power to drop all that weight
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

thank you but as I am sure as you can see a few post up I was not someone that could barely look in the mirror. Please don't give up you are doing great and you too will succeed. 2 years ago I i was here crying at the success of others wondering could I ever loose enough or be as strong as others well please believe you will be there just as sure
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevity View Post
thank you but as I am sure as you can see a few post up I was not someone that could barely look in the mirror. Please don't give up you are doing great and you too will succeed. 2 years ago I i was here crying at the success of others wondering could I ever loose enough or be as strong as others well please believe you will be there just as sure
alevity you are awesome. If you ever see this hit me up with a private message. Id like to know your entire low carb journey.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #159
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
My 100 pound rant from a few months ago. I did eventually lose that other half a pound.

0.6 pounds away from 250.
0.6 pounds away from 100 pounds lost.

Somehow I know it'll be another two weeks before I hit that goal. The major milestones have a way of messing with you. At the same time, I don't really care. 99.4 pounds lost is pretty amazing. I would never have guessed it possible.

When I began this diet a little over a year ago, it was not as a 'true believer'. I had heard stories from a friend about his co-workers who lost significant amounts of weight following the dietary principles detailed in Taubes's book, Why We Get Fat.

My friend is no storyteller, but the evidence still came down to "some people my friend knows...". I read the book, and stumbled on the movie Fat Head, around the same time. It all seemed unlikely - I mean... could the entire dietary establishment, the government funded charts, EVERYTHING that I knew to be true about dietary health be wrong?

Not very likely, is it.

And yet there was this competing evidence which seemed to suggest precisely this.

Studies can be faked, and there will always be competing evidence. The only way to know for sure was to do it myself. Having read the book, I plunged in headlong and headfirst - And I operated under the assumption that everything in the book was absolute truth. I would embrace this information as if I believed in it, and follow it literally and without fear.

Butter isn't bad for you - eat more of it.
Sugar and grain is bad for you - don't eat it.
Fruit is garbage - don't eat it.
Counting calories is an unnecessary exercise - don't bother
Exercise is optional - you can lose weight with or without it.

I figured, if I was going to disprove this silly theory, I needed to examine the worst case. The nightmare bacon only diet scenario, so often mocked in the media. So I stepped up to heavy cream, and I started putting butter on everything. lots of butter. I started off eating 8 - 10 eggs per meal, and to this day I can eat 3 pounds of bacon in a single sitting. I hardly ever eat vegetables because I don't like the way most of them taste.

I have been living the Atkin's parody 'moral panic' diet that detractors so openly scoff at -

- And I've lost so close to 100 pounds that is seems silly to mention the .6 pounds separating me from my goal. I entered into this expecting it not to work. It was too gimmicky - too outlandish. Too obviously flawed.

I can see why people fail. It only works when you are 100% on plan. For months at a time. This is not a plan that works for habitual cheaters - but then, no diet works for people who refuse to follow them.

I want this. I want this more than I want a twinkie. I want this more than I want to be able to cheat once every two weeks. I want to reclaim my life. I want to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see looking back at me. I want this more than anything.

And nothing is going to stop me from succeeding.

And that's all it takes to succeed. Wanting long term results more than you want a piece of cheesecake now. Can't live without cheesecake forever? There's nothing wrong with that, but make no mistake - that is a conscious decision to stay the same forever.

You cannot become the new you without giving up the habits that made you the old you.

I'm halfway to my goal. Another year or two and I'll be where I'm trying to get. And when I get there, I will not revert.
8/8/2014: 275 - time to recover lost ground

Shark Sandwich: One man's epic journey from fat to slightly less fat.
Z is offline   Reply With Quote