Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
WOW wtg you look great.Good work
thanks.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #62
Cie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cie
Stats: 240/130/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
great job.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kerbergal
You are inspirational

Hello,

I was reading the forums for the first time and found your story. I have lost 40# with another hundred and ten to go. It has been 3 months, but over Christmas I have put on 6#! I can hardly believe it. Anyway, I was looking for inspiration to get back to life minus the food insanity, and your story caught my eye. I look forward to reading more of your recipes, and I can't wait to try the Tuna or Salmon Muffins tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much

Sincerely,
kerbergal
kerbergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
WOW... That is a great story
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbergal View Post
Hello,

I was reading the forums for the first time and found your story. I have lost 40# with another hundred and ten to go. It has been 3 months, but over Christmas I have put on 6#! I can hardly believe it. Anyway, I was looking for inspiration to get back to life minus the food insanity, and your story caught my eye. I look forward to reading more of your recipes, and I can't wait to try the Tuna or Salmon Muffins tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much

Sincerely,
kerbergal
Thanks. A 6 lb. gain is nothing. You'll have that off and more in no time. I have gained back about 25 lb. of my 100 but will get if off. I have to. I have worked to hard to go back now. If you click on my sparkpage link under my signature you will see my before and after pictures and see why I don't want to be there again. In fact, I probably need to click on it too. I see that you are new here. May I recommend that you join in on a challenge. Here is the one I am in. Some of the ladies I've been with for some time and some come and go but it is a very supportive group. Here is the link.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post11429970
One thing that has helped me for certain is support and accountability. I can be a real isolater and if I get into the food, I don't want to be around anyone. I have found that by staying accountable I not only am encouraged but I have loving caring people around me struggling with the same food issues I have. I know I'm not alone in this battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppin View Post
WOW... That is a great story
Droppin, The invitation (although no one needs one to join) is open to you too. We'd love to have you join in. Unlike some of the other challenges we are a small group which makes it nice. It's also nice to just have a safe place to share our feelings. Where in Florida do you live? I live in Parrish which is just south of Tampa and north of Sarasota.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
I have been around here forever and just noticed your story........I am also 55 and having a hard time getting myself to get on track......weigh 221. This shows me there is still hope at our age. Please tell me, with the weight loss at our age....how is the skin!!! I guess I am afraid of looking yukky with the skin issue if I would lose the 70 lb I would like to lose.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
I have been around here forever and just noticed your story........I am also 55 and having a hard time getting myself to get on track......weigh 221. This shows me there is still hope at our age. Please tell me, with the weight loss at our age....how is the skin!!! I guess I am afraid of looking yukky with the skin issue if I would lose the 70 lb I would like to lose.

Vicki
Hi sweetie Yes there is hope. If you click on my sparkpage link under my name you will see additional info on plastic surgery, my before and after pics along with some other photos. For me, exercise alone did not work. I needed plastic surgery. The details are all there.