Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonbon
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2000
300 lb losers...please share your story!!!!

This post is for those who have reached the truly remarkable 300 pound benchmark in their weight loss journey. Stories here are bound to inspire.

This thread is for stories only. If you wish to post a congratulatory message please start a new thread in the forum to do so. This post is to stay here and inspire those yet to come.

To those who post here, thank you for sharing. And congratulations on a truly inspirational accomplishment

Last edited by bonbon; 08-29-2003 at 09:36 AM..
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 09:25 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR=purple] I know that I haven't lost all of my weight with LCing, but I decided that I would post my story here anyway...

Where to start… I suppose I will start at my (recorded)(I was bigger at one time) highest weight… in 1995 I weighed 498 lbs. My husband passed away that year in Feb. and we buried him on Valentines Day… I lost around 100 lbs between then and Nov 1999. The weight was grieved off and from not taking care of myself… the really strange thing that even though I had lost weight I didn’t go down one size… I used to kid and say it was like taking a thimble of water out of the ocean… I had come to the point of wanting to lose weight in 97 and 98,and I tried every diet known to mankind… I even went the route of abuse; starving my self and purging when I ate because of guilt… it had become a point of control to me… things had happened in my life that I had no control over but this was something I could control… in Nov. of 1999 my blood pressure went up to 338/219 and I was totally out of it… my pastor made me go to the hospital and they kept me needless to say… I was also anemic at the time to the point of needing a blood transfusion… this I didn’t not want and I talked the Dr. into letting me try to fix it first… iron pills Yuck …at this time I was so weak because my body had burned all my muscle mass and all I had was fat left … the Dr told me to lose weight… but gave me no help… she just said do it … I started the day I got home watching what I ate and walking around the track in our little town…when I first started I could only go from bench to bench and go around the ˝ mile one time… (When I moved I could make 10 laps and not even be winded). So through the holiday season and until March of 2000 I manage to loose about 10lbs … my pastors wife had talked to a missionary about a program she was doing from a book called Be A Looser… so we went out and she bought the book…I took it home and read it… and read it. And read it… it sounded so crazy… but one day I decided to see if I could figure out how to do it…and I loved how it made me feel…I practiced the breathing for a couple of days…. Then I measured (what a shock) and started doing all the moves I could… much to my surprised when I measure the next week I had lost 23 inches… I was shocked to say the leased I re-measured several times to be sure I was doing it right… but better than that I had several people notice it at church that Sunday… the day I started was March 16, 2000… and I was in a size 32 or a 5X if I could find them… at Easter I bought a size 22 dress and I just couldn’t believe it… over the past 3 years I have had several set backs, I broke both my ankles, pulled my shoulder out of place had a bout with bronchitis and moved across the country because of a broken heart… I have had numerous plateaus along the way, one lasting for almost a year… but I love my body flex and I just kept doing it mind you I have had my days that I just didn’t want to and have had my days that I just didn’t do it but I never just quite or gave up, about my diet… well after going the route of starving and abusing my self I don’t diet… what I do is eat healthy, I don’t worry about it much… I love fruit and salad and veggies… I don’t eat much meat but I do eat it sometimes… I don’t eat fat free stuff or diet stuff … I just make wise choices… like baked not fried and if I want something I eat it… like tonight I had some double brownie fudge chocolate ice cream… but I only had about 1 cup and that was enough…and I don’t do that often self-control in all things… especially food… I do have to work hard at making sure I eat enough in a day but I am getting really good at it… I also drink a gallon of water a day… I seldom miss on that … but if I have a day where I just couldn’t get my water in… I don’t worry about it… tomorrow is another day… I have some things that I love to eat… so I do… I don’t drink much pop or soda (depending where you from) but I do once in a while.. When I do its always something with out caffeine, I don’t drink coffee or tea… but I love cappuccino so that is something I have once in a great while just because I love it… I do my body flex every day but Sunday… and once in a while I do it on Sunday just for a pick-me-up… sometimes I do walk but I don’t get to do that every day I just like walking I miss my track there isn’t one here… but I don’t miss my body flex…I have now lost 159 ˝ lbs and I am down to a loose 16, I think I will be in a 14 for Easter this year… I have lost almost 200 since I started body flex…I had lost more than that but my Thyroid is now giving me trouble and I gained around 20lb in like 3 days it was very strange I swelled up like a balloon but that is almost all gone now… I will By the Grace of God make my goal… I thank God for bringing this program into my and that’s what I feel He did… I hope by sharing my story again for some of you but the first time for others… will show you what sticking with something no matter what can do for you… sometime Life just happens and we have set backs… we all go through health problems… we all have family problems… we all go through “stuff”… but this is something only you can do for you… its your choice… I am always telling the kids that Your attitude determines your altitude... if you go into something thinking “this will never work for me” then you know what, It won’t … because you really don’t want it to… you have to change your mind set and tell your self I can do this and its going to work for me and I am going to do everything I can to make it happen… every day…not once in a while.. but every day… and slowly make other changes in your life such as eating the right things… don’t try to do everything in one day… this has become a passion for me… I love you all … I want you all to succeed at this… but its in your hands…. Also let me remind you... I have had astounding results and not every one will have the same that I have had but every inch lost is and inch lost; fast or slow as long as it’s coming off its good… Now just to up date… I am down to a size 14 on top and a 12 on the bottom… just waiting for things to catch up… I have also added a supplement from a wonderful company that has made such a difference in my skin… I love it… I no longer have dry white flaky skin and my spider veins are almost all gone… ask me about it if you would like to know more… blessings to you all…

Just a quick up date… I have now lost 175 ˝ inches….[/COLOR]
blue_denim_and_lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Ann
GREAT JOB

YOU DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB AND SHOULD BE PROUD.i HOPE I CAN HAVE THE SAME WILLPOWER YOU HAD.
Mrs.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
Lounge Chef & Typo Queen!!

Gallery: SnowWhite
Stats: 450/ Ugh/185
Start Date: 5/26/03 * WLS 1/15/04
Oh I am so happy BonBon made this thread!

Sherry, I always look to you for encouragement! You are awesome! I have to lose 300 lbs...well...maybe a little less than that at this point.... *lol* Thank You for being my friend! You are a source of inspiration to me and so many others...if you don't mind...may I cipy this and share with my ladies in the 400+ group?

THANKS!
Melissa
SnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR=purple] Mel I don't mind at all... and thank you very much[/COLOR]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: akmd65
Stats: 182/182/150
WOE: South Beach - Phase 1
Start Date: 6/24/2010
thank you for sharing!
akmd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:42 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jcclass69
Stats: 248/197/130
WOE: low carb
Start Date: jan. 12, 2004
You are truly an inspiration for anyone wanting to change their lifestyle. I am so happy for you......I hope to reach my goal someday & realize after seeing all the before & after pics & reading the stories......I really can do it!
jcclass69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Sherry,

WOW I mean WOW you have done an amazing job.
What an inspiration you are to all....
I would be interested in that supplement. I live in a high alltitude very dry here, and boy does my skin show it.

RenoMom
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #9
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

my journey ------>>long

so many people have been asking me for my story, so here it goes: I will warn you, this aint pretty.

I was born into a drug addicted, abuse ridden family. My mom was hooked on any and every drug you can name. Her idea of fun was to beat and torture me. I don't use the term lightly, she tortured me. I have been burned, stabbed, and molested by the woman who gave birth to me. She never called me by my name. I was bit*h, or c**t. She would tell me every day how horribly fat I was and how much I disgusted her. I was only allowed to eat one meal per day and it was chosen by her. All this happened before I was 12 years old. When I turned 12 she let her drug suppliers "play" with me. My dad was useless. Although he never beat me, he sat by and let her. He sat and watched her smash my toe with a 5 pound hand weight because i had an ingrown toenail. I finally ran away just before my 13th birthday. I slept in opened cars and ate what I could find. I was arrested for sleeping in someones car and taken to a salvation army shelter where they shipped me off to job corps. i received my ged and learned how to weld. I got an apartment and started to build my life. I met my now ex husband when i was 16, and we were married soon after that. I was a healthy size 10. i lived off booze and bar food until i turned 23. i found out i was pregnant. i grew up, he didnt. we tried to make it work, had another baby....it didnt work. ok. so now im alone with two babies (13 months apart). he decides he doesnt want us in his life, has a new girlfriend.... i decided to eat away all my pain. and i ate. i put myself though college and continued to eat. no particular cravings. if i went to mcdonalds i would order 6 big mac value meals and eat all of it. if i went to a bakery i would buy and eat an entire box of eclairs, or donuts, or a whole sheet cake. i graduated college and became a teacher. and obese. it finally reached a point i couldnt step up onto the curb. i had to use the ramp intead. i did diet. all the time. i counted points. i figured if i ate up to my points by breakfast, lunch would be a freebie. ok, i had no real logic. i went to jenny craig. they had a 20 pound for 20 dollar special. i was actually told 20 pounds would do nothing for me. i left in tears and ate my 20 dollars in dunkin donuts. literally. i think it was 5 boxes i ate that night. i turned to slim fast. i had my shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and a reasonable dinner. ok, i added a 1/2 gallon of ice cream to each shake. and i had no idea what the hell reasonable dinner meant. so i ate. and i lost a few pounds. go figure. id gain twice as much back. i finally decided to do slim fast and dexitrim diet pills according to the directions. that lasted three days. i passed out in class and was taken to the er. i woke up in the hospital and had to listen to the drs fighting about who had to treat the fat one. when i went back to work one of my students stayed after class and put his dads copy of dandr on my desk. he said his dad lost 65 pounds and felt terrific. after he left i just cried. i read the entire book that night. then i reread it the next night. the next day was march 1, 2001. it is the day i began induction. at first my portion sizes were HUGE, but i was losing weight. i would eat 4-5 eggs and 1/2 a pack of bacon for breakfast. 6 double cheeseburgers no buns, no ketchup and a salad for lunch. and a pack of chicken and a salad for dinner. as the weight started comming off my hunger went away. i ate much smaller portions, but still large compared to a normal person. i di not cheat one time the entire time i stayed in induction. and that was almost three years. this past thanksgiving through christmas was the first time i cheated. i bought a lot of sf candy and ate, and ate. had me one heck of a stall too. lasted november to february. i finally got real with myself and had to stop the sf treats. i made goal today. it hasnt been easy, but i did discover i am worth all the effort this wol requires. my daughters tell everyone how proud of me they are. my 10 year old says she can now hug me all the way around.

i did warn you this was long and ugly. but this is my story as condensed as i could.

jeannie
Old 04-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #10
garth

Gallery: garth
Sherry and Jeanie, your stories are incredible and are so inspirational. Thank you for being so honest and sharing your stories.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR=purple]Jeannie, Wow... Thank you for sharing your story...
And thank you Garth
[/COLOR]
Old 04-09-2004, 04:30 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edna43
Stats: 370/340/150
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: March 3, 2004
Sherry,
You are such an inspiration!
I know you have worked so hard to get where you are!
I hope to be able to post a story like yours in my future!

Jeannie,
God bless you! Your story broke my heart.
But I am so happy for you to have overcome all of the obstacles in your life.
Anyone that has survived the abuses you have surely is a miraculous person!
I was abused as a child but not anything that compared to your experiences. I also ran away at 16yrs old and lived in the streets for a year. This is what messed my metabolismm up so bad. I was only able to eat about 1 every 2 weeks or so.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how very proud of you I am!
You are truly an inspiration!
God bless you for sharing your story!
edna43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: NKY_Lisa
Stats: 216
WOE: Trying to eat more healthy
Start Date: 02/25/2014
((Jeannie))

Your story really touched my heart. You are a true inspiration....God Bless You!
NKY_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #14
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: PEANUTS200
Stats: 248/215/175
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 10/2003
(((( Jeannie)))) God bless your heart. You are a true miracle!
PEANUTS200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #15

Gallery: Glimmerella
Start Date: Over and Over!
Two inspirational stories from two amazingly strong women!

Glimmerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
I'M A Newbie

Hi Everyone,I enjoyed your amazing posts. congrats on your sucess. I will be starting atkins on sunday May 9th.I would like to get some help and support.I need some tips on how to make this way of life a sucess.Thanks

winifred
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #17
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lyn_MA
such amazing stories.... yes people.. i am sitting here crying... again....

the inspiration you all provide is overwhelming.. there is no way we cannot succeed if we listen!

warm hugs

lyn
lyn_MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyGirl1973
Stats: 333/297/175
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: February 10, 2004
Wow... I am speechless... and feeling like a dope because I cry over needing to lose 125 pounds! You are awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Thank you so much for sharing your story.
KellyGirl1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #19
skwid

Gallery: skwid
Way to go!

Hi my name is Sandy:

I would like to get to know you'll better. I have done Atking before but got off of it last November. And guess what, it is over half a year later and I am just now starting back on it. I had to do something I can walk.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:26 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JanMarie3
Stats: 140/134/125 5'3"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Registered: August 2000
[COLOR=darkblue]

Liz

I really don't have much advise other than to ask if you could just give Atkins 14 days..........when I first started I thought....well I can at least try this for two weeks.. I really wanted to see if it worked! After two weeks and a fantastic weight loss that is what kept me plugging away. Please give it two weeks, you will be amazed and so motivated after that

for you[/COLOR]
JanMarie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:54 AM   #21
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: crazychuck
Liz you can do it. The motivation is there just push the button and ride the train. I had once thought I would do it for everyone else but I then realized that I have to do this for me not someone else. You deserve the best for you not for someone else. Keep on it and if you stall don't give up it happens to almost everyone. I have about 100 lbs more then you do to loose so I know how you feel with the public humiliation. I have actually gotten to where I laugh back because I have hidden the pain so well(so I think). Take care and do your best and good things will come.
back to Atkins!!!
[color=orange]-=c[/color][color=purple]r[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=crimson]z[/color][color=indigo]y[/color][color=firebrick]c[/color][color=green]h[/color][color=deeppink]u[/color][color=teal]c[/color][color=orange]k=-[/color]
[color=purple]Go[/color] Ice [color=purple]Bears![/color]
[color=orange]Go [color=black]Big[/color] Orange![/color]
crazychuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:01 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thinr4me
Liz- I hope you are still reading all the inspirational stories on this board. I did not realize this post was here until our dear Sierra pointed it out on the main CC board. Come join us!
thinr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #23
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Lady Di
WOE: Atkins '72
I just found out you posted here too. The CC board is one great place for support and comfort during your weight loss journey. Looking forward to more posts from you...
Lady Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeNYC
WOE: BFFM- BFL
Start Date: July 31, 2004
<<<< Jeannie>>>>

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I admire how courageous you are and your ability to to take care of yourself.

Keep posting and sharing! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Di
DianeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Migi103
This is so inspiring!
Migi103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:07 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GinaT1213
Stats: Mild/Hot/911
WOE: food
Just wanted to saying Congratulations. I always read our posts with your story-----you are marvelous
GinaT1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #27
Go Buckeyes!

Gallery: Micko
Stats: 244/160
Wow!! Amazing!!
Micko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:50 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shawn
I am so moved and touched by the amazing success stories in here. What an inspiration you both are. May God bless you both. And Liz, I weigh 465 and have felt the same way you do. I too and giving this wol one last try. Just keep posting and rebuilding your encouragement tank. THis is a great place to be.

shawn
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:09 PM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: quiggley
Stats: 570+/218/ now 455.3/403.2/165
WOE: HHCG R1P2
Start Date: 1/20/02 restart 9/19/09

I do not know why I have never posted this before what can I say I am a major procrastinator

I have been sitting here thinking about what I could really say about 3 years on this way of Life.
I am not a great writer I wish I was the kind of Person who could write things that would inspire others I can only tell you where I was 3 years ago and where I am now thanks to this WOL

3 Years ago I was almost totally immobile and had given up I almost lived in My Bedroom and would have to stop three times to make it to My Car I had not been a Store out to eat or anything in almost 3 years

I had tried a Low Carb Diet twice before once in the early 90’s with my Dr at the time He gave Me Vit B shots 3x a week plus Vitamins, water pill etc and a LC plan to follow I was not allowed Tomatoes and would cheat on them constantly. Then in 2001 I tried Carbohydrates Addicts Diet where you are allowed a reward Meal everyday but with my bad eating habits all I would eat everyday would be the reward meal.

I ordered the Atkins Book after seeing it recommended on my list on Amazon I got it in the Mail on 1/19/02 and started the next Day thinking what would it hurt not expecting anything different.
I think I even amazed Myself that I stuck to it I did not have a scale that would weigh me so I just measured I will never know what My highest weight was but I had loss over 25 inches just in My waist before I got under 500 pounds and could weigh on the scale I had bought online.

I did not tell anyone My weight for a year I was just too embarrassed and had seen others that were heavier being told “oh you will lose fast” I just did not want the pressure I reached 400 pounds a couple of Days before that first Atkinsversary and was so ecstatic.

I had joined a Gym that October and it was one of the best things I had ever done I went into the Gym thinking of it as a Job and I worked at it hard.

I have had a lot Health problems the last year and My weight has went up and down but I have stuck with it because not only have I loss weight eating this way it has regulated My periods and given me back My life which means everything to Me.
For those that do not know I have a condition called Lymphedema that causes My Legs to be abnormally huge and I have been getting a lot of Cellulitis infections.

When I started I could barely walk a few feet now I do not have to think and plan to go anywhere like I use too I would worry about how far some place was from the Car? would there be a chair to hold me etc? Now I just go anywhere I want too without any planning and it is the best feeling in the world that I will never take for granted.

I go off on tangents when writing but I just want to finish this by thanking everyone here for your support friendship and being there for me because without you I would have never been able to do this.

before 570+

semi current LOL

"You can either make excuses or get results but you can't do both"
"People will stay the same until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing"--Tom Venuto

HHCG R1P2 Starting weight after loading 455.3 R1P2 day 17 403.2
quiggley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:33 AM   #30
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

jann,
thank you. you are amazing.
akmd65 is offline   Reply With Quote