Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: USMCmom
Stats: size 14/12/8
WOE: stop eating so much
Start Date: 2/2003
WOW! I just want to say those stories are simply amazing and I thank you for sharing them with us. I'm sure it wasn't easy telling your stories. My heart goes out to each of you and I'm proud of you for your successes.
USMCmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Liv_Laf_Luv
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: PORTION CONTROL
Start Date: Feb 2005
WOW!!! You women are amazing! I am truly inspired by all of you.
Liv_Laf_Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: windycitymama
New Lurker with questions for Quiggley

This is in response to Quiggleys tale of success. You had spoke of lymphedema and your cellulitis. I have had the cellulitis about 8yrs ago but I still have the lymphedema but I currently weigh 370# (I think). Did your lymphedema ever improve with the weight loss. I would be so happy to have normal size legs. They are reddened and ugly looking, I always hide them and never have worn a dress since 1971!! I have been on Atkins before and I want to get a good foot-hold again, I just need the push and shove to get this fat old body moving! thanx.
windycitymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CJ-K
Stats: 294 :-(
Start Date: 23rd januray 2006
wow,i know i dont have 300 lbs to loose, i have 160-180 but iw as rading through here and i am amazed at what you ladies have acheieved. It makes me ashamed of myself for not getting off my butt and really doing something about my weight before now.
A huge well done to you all, what an achievement you have all made
CJ-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: veronicac
Stats: 225/180/150
WOE: atkins/Hcg diet
Start Date: 5/20/09
you are all amazing
veronicac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: veronicac
Stats: 225/180/150
WOE: atkins/Hcg diet
Start Date: 5/20/09
bump...because these are great stories...
veronicac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chakwaina37
Stats: One day at a time
WOE: Low carb, suger free
Start Date: On and off since 2006
WOW its amazing to read all your stories and I can take a bit from each and its me and my life story as well. Thanks so much for sharing. Im very proud of you all for your stregths you have all done awesome. Thanks agian for sharing.
chakwaina37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MzSnapCup
MzSnapCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Liberti
Stats: (330/308/180) 5'10, small frame, 29 years old
WOE: weight watchers
Start Date: August 11, 2008
Liz,
Do not give up on your self! It can be done!!!
I do not want to preach, but I would like to offer a suggestion. What you do is up to you...
First, I would dust off my copy of Atkins.
I would go through my house, and remove ALL of the carb junk. Then, on a full stomach, I would shop for the foods on the Atkins list...if you are full, you are less likely to buy crap to snack on.
And then, I would go home, and give myself a fighting chance. There isn't any harm in trying. You are worth it!!!
Liberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sharpei
hi my name is shapei;
i would like to thank you ladies for your wonderful testimonies of faith,determination and
strength. i was trully inspired and moved with emotion but at the same time i was happy
to be apart of your victory. I have been obese since i can remember i have loss some weight but i still have 280 pds to go but i know no matter what comes my way i will get there i would appreciate all the encouragment and support i can get
sharpei
sharpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MzMelissa
Stats: Highest: 434 restart 343/263/180
WOE: wls, low carb
Start Date: Aug 15, 2010
you guys are just awesome and I thank you for the inspiration.....
MzMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharn
Stats: 240/226/140
WOE: Atkins
Wow, your stories are incredible - best wishes to you all
Sharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BBWDALLAS
Stats: Tight/Loose/Fabulous!!!
WOE: Low Carb All The Way Baby!!!!
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/14
wow im truly inspired thanks for posting your story when i reach my goal i plan to post mines to
BBWDALLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Location: West Cork Ireland, b ut hoping to return to my native Boston, USA
Gallery: muddled
Stats: Current 245/goal 145
WOE: Not sure yet
Start Date: June 2009
AKMD65 - You are truly an inspiration. I have endured far less hardship and nearly gave up on life altogether more than once. Am I right that your daughters are your only family now? I have one daughter and it's just me an her agaisnt the world-daunting.
Now I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel. I will look to you and others on this forum for inpsiration and advice. I have around 100 lbs to lose.
I am nearly crying tears of joy that I have found this place-so many of you are jaw-dropping inspirations!

Last edited by muddled; 06-07-2009 at 07:09 AM..
muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hello all! Have been posting in the Medi thread since January of this year and just found this thread! Amazing stories! Well, my story is on going but here it is as it stands now; can be found in the 100 pound lost stories 168 since Christmas 2008. I hope to end up with a 300 pound loss though!

Last edited by jbiggars63; 07-21-2009 at 08:55 PM..
jbiggars63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TaylorMac
Stats: 162/143/Va-Va-VOOM!
WOE: LC
Start Date: 8 June 2009
You people are amazing and I'm so happy to be here amongst you. I hope to be one of your major "success stories" in approx 18 months time.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring (and highly personal) experiences with us.
TaylorMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CaroleKI61
Stats: 414/ 270 /255/ 245....199
WOE: Dr. Atkins- I love you!
Start Date: many restarts
Wow, more amaging stories from delightful men and women! Thanks for sharing, kove Carole:birth day:
CaroleKI61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:11 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mememe2009
you are her for a reason

you are so wonderful to go through all that and come out smart and educated with two beautiful daughters who really appreciate your struggle . never forget you are an incredibly strong person. maybe you should write a book about your life . congradulations
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmd65 View Post
so many people have been asking me for my story, so here it goes: I will warn you, this aint pretty.

I was born into a drug addicted, abuse ridden family. My mom was hooked on any and every drug you can name. Her idea of fun was to beat and torture me. I don't use the term lightly, she tortured me. I have been burned, stabbed, and molested by the woman who gave birth to me. She never called me by my name. I was bit*h, or c**t. She would tell me every day how horribly fat I was and how much I disgusted her. I was only allowed to eat one meal per day and it was chosen by her. All this happened before I was 12 years old. When I turned 12 she let her drug suppliers "play" with me. My dad was useless. Although he never beat me, he sat by and let her. He sat and watched her smash my toe with a 5 pound hand weight because i had an ingrown toenail. I finally ran away just before my 13th birthday. I slept in opened cars and ate what I could find. I was arrested for sleeping in someones car and taken to a salvation army shelter where they shipped me off to job corps. i received my ged and learned how to weld. I got an apartment and started to build my life. I met my now ex husband when i was 16, and we were married soon after that. I was a healthy size 10. i lived off booze and bar food until i turned 23. i found out i was pregnant. i grew up, he didnt. we tried to make it work, had another baby....it didnt work. ok. so now im alone with two babies (13 months apart). he decides he doesnt want us in his life, has a new girlfriend.... i decided to eat away all my pain. and i ate. i put myself though college and continued to eat. no particular cravings. if i went to mcdonalds i would order 6 big mac value meals and eat all of it. if i went to a bakery i would buy and eat an entire box of eclairs, or donuts, or a whole sheet cake. i graduated college and became a teacher. and obese. it finally reached a point i couldnt step up onto the curb. i had to use the ramp intead. i did diet. all the time. i counted points. i figured if i ate up to my points by breakfast, lunch would be a freebie. ok, i had no real logic. i went to jenny craig. they had a 20 pound for 20 dollar special. i was actually told 20 pounds would do nothing for me. i left in tears and ate my 20 dollars in dunkin donuts. literally. i think it was 5 boxes i ate that night. i turned to slim fast. i had my shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and a reasonable dinner. ok, i added a 1/2 gallon of ice cream to each shake. and i had no idea what the hell reasonable dinner meant. so i ate. and i lost a few pounds. go figure. id gain twice as much back. i finally decided to do slim fast and dexitrim diet pills according to the directions. that lasted three days. i passed out in class and was taken to the er. i woke up in the hospital and had to listen to the drs fighting about who had to treat the fat one. when i went back to work one of my students stayed after class and put his dads copy of dandr on my desk. he said his dad lost 65 pounds and felt terrific. after he left i just cried. i read the entire book that night. then i reread it the next night. the next day was march 1, 2001. it is the day i began induction. at first my portion sizes were HUGE, but i was losing weight. i would eat 4-5 eggs and 1/2 a pack of bacon for breakfast. 6 double cheeseburgers no buns, no ketchup and a salad for lunch. and a pack of chicken and a salad for dinner. as the weight started comming off my hunger went away. i ate much smaller portions, but still large compared to a normal person. i di not cheat one time the entire time i stayed in induction. and that was almost three years. this past thanksgiving through christmas was the first time i cheated. i bought a lot of sf candy and ate, and ate. had me one heck of a stall too. lasted november to february. i finally got real with myself and had to stop the sf treats. i made goal today. it hasnt been easy, but i did discover i am worth all the effort this wol requires. my daughters tell everyone how proud of me they are. my 10 year old says she can now hug me all the way around.

i did warn you this was long and ugly. but this is my story as condensed as i could.

jeannie
mememe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mememe2009
tell us your story

i am curious about your story tell how you ended up here , i am new and just wondering did you do anything special to lose all that weight in that short of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Hello all! Have been posting in the Medi thread since January of this year and just found this thread! Amazing stories! Well, my story is on going but here it is as it stands now; can be found in the 100 pound lost stories 168 since Christmas 2008. I hope to end up with a 300 pound loss though!
mememe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Well, it has been a while since I have posted here! I am now at 250 pounds! I have reached my goal! My tummy tuck guy said I have 15-25 pounds of skin to remove! This would put me at my lowest weight since the early 80's! That was when I ran 10k's, helped teach aerobics, weight lifted, etc and I weighed in at 220 (I was in my early 20's). Now at 46, I have lost 243 pounds since mid December of last year! There are 4 things I prescribe too! 1) Determination! After living in the 400's for the last 18 years and opening my eyes to see myself leaning on a shopping cart throughout a store and dripping in sweat by the time I reached checkout and trying to deal with the ugly looks of distain and hearing the harsh words spoken behind my back, I just became determined to save my life! Nothing was going to stop me, not even myself! NO MORE EXCUSES! 2) Diet: I chose to join Medi-Weightloss! It is basically a doctor supervised low carb diet (yes, I eat regular food from the grocery store!) 3) Exercise! You have got to move to lose! I started slow by riding an exercise bike for 15 minutes 3X a week. I, now, take 4-5 spin classes, jog 2 miles every other day (actually training for a 10k race next May and a 1/2 marathon next September), and weightlift 3X a week! 4) Support! I go to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) a non-profit weight loss support group that can be found practically anywhere! I also get support from the Medi staff, gym staff, friends, family and even from co-workers! All of those ingrediants have spelled success for me!

Last edited by jbiggars63; 11-11-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ParaNoir
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/1/09
Giving this a try. ....

I have been to this site many times in the past but usually just glance at everything, gain some "see, I'm not alone" encouragement, and then go about by business. Never posted, Stayed to myself. So this time around I am going to try and involve myself.

I have a long story but the end result is this... I don't want to be overweight anymore. it's not that I disike myself or feel bad, I just want a new life. I want to be a role model for my daughter and from this weight I can't be.

I have always been large. I have always loved food! when i was in my teens I had very low self esteem and was friends with anyone who accepted me. I started to dabble in drugs, thankfully I realized what i was doing and stopped. Though most of my friends still had the *party* state of mind, I always just went along for the ride. The weight just kept adding on more and more. I got pregnant at 19 and ate my way through that .... Box of doughnuts, 6 tacos, 4 McMuffins, and tons of other stuff on a daily basis. My weight got worse along with my husband who was screwing everything he could. I knew he was, so I ate. I put on so much weight through my pregnancy ( i am talking about a good 150 lbs) i never lost it and just kept gaining more and more. Finally, when our marriage became abusive and it wasn't until was towering over me while I was on the floor and he *accidently* hit our 11 month old daughter in the face and knocked her out cold that things changed. yes, I know that is sad but its the facts. I left him that morning and got on an airplane and flew home. I have not seen him since. He didn't even show up to our divorce hearing in court, thankfully. Anyway, after that the weight never left... it was getting worse. I went back to school full time, worked full time, and had my daughter. Shortly after moving home my mom died of cancer and have been family-less ever since. it has been a hard time but I am succeeding in every other facet but THIS one. I am failing miserably. So, I am trying to change this one area around.

So, I am investing myself into this new lifestyle. And hoping to be successful this time around. I have spent much of my youth overweight and would like to start my 30's with a new attitude.
ParaNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: notsooldbroad
Stats: 315/225/175
WOE: Atkins '72 then VLC
Start Date: long, long ago
You've taken the first step, you can do this. All the best.
notsooldbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

IT IS DONE!!!!

300 pounds LOST FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! How sweet it is!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
I am in AWE
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
Quote:
IT IS DONE!!!!

Absolutely amazing.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: atcgirl42
Quote:
IT IS DONE!!!!

Wow! Amazing. Congratulations!
atcgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jilli13
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 29/07/2010
Aww you are all so Inspiring i really take my hat off to you HUGS xxxx
jilli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Touching...
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/202 @ 5'7" size 7X/12W/14W age 56 (-223#),
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
IMPRESSIVE!!

Quote:
IT IS DONE!!!!

Congrats!!!!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/200/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002) Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing...Amazing.Amazing. Congratulations.

Quote:
IT IS DONE!!!!

kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote