Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Low Carb Success Stories!!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB

AMAZING! All of you are such an inspiration.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
I have lost 236 lbs. I started a thread in the Success Stories section, I am new to the forum and didn't notice this section. I saw "Century Club" and I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it was for Senior Citizens.... sorry... lol

Basically my Grandfather died in December of 2003, I was 525 lbs and I didn't want to be next and die in my 20's or 30's and then I found out that doing low carb was helping people with PCOS when nothing else worked. So I tried it, lost 108 lbs within the first 4 months and lost a total of 200, kept it off for a year and then got into a car accident, was on bed rest for 6 months, gained back 130 lbs..... was very upset, told I could never go to the gym again and just to try to lose weight without any exercise... Just finally this last spring I started feeling better and in July 2009 I started doing really low carbs again. I had been lower carb that whole time but not low enough for my body to lose weight. So I have been back on 20 carbs a day and relost the 130 that I gained back plus more. My total loss from starting weight until now is 236 lbs. My doctor thinks I have 40 lbs worth of extra skin that needs t0 be removed and both the doctor and the scale with the electrons that measures bone density, muscle mass and water weight agree that 217 to 220 is an ideal weight for my body type. So that means I just have 30 more to lose. I wanted to lose 40-50 more but I am told that would be too thin for me. So I will lose the 30, have the extra 40 lbs of skin removed and then decide if I really want to lose another 10-20 lbs after all of that is done. I have a tendency to be long winded so if you want to know more check out the other thread, I hate to clog this one up too much with just one person's story.

Anyway I will post pics here as well.

November 2003 to May 2010

November 2003 to May 2010

October 2003 to March 2010

June 2010

Congrats Everyone!!
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovelucy
Stats: 229/194/129
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 07/03/2010
one hot guy comin up .THIS IS THE end of my first week I lost five pounds in five days im so happy I can realy do this
ilovelucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newlifestyle2010
You are Awesome!

You are truly an inspiration!!!!!!!
Newlifestyle2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: doramider7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbsNot View Post
At the end of Feb. 2004 I mark my two year anniversary on the Atkins plan. To say that this has been a remarkable journey does not do it justice. My life has been totally changed by this way of life and I will be ever grateful to Dr. Atkins and to the support I received from the people on this board. I give special tribute to Dobie, Mags, Jann, Pattysparkle, WarriorPrincess and to bonbon.

I began knowing that my rate of failure on any food plan was very high. Was the promise of no hunger too good to be true? Could I really eat as much as I wanted, as long as I ate the right things? Could I actually lose weight longterm and keep it off without a struggle? Had I found a food plan that did not make me feel restricted or deprived?

My life as a 450 lb. woman was no life at all. I barely made it to and from work every day and dreaded having to walk down the hall at work. I did nothing at home but sit in front of the TV and eat. I had very little social life and couldn't even stand for more than about 5 minutes. I was wearing size 6X or women's 36, which was about the largest size sold at Catherine's. I was jeered at, stared at, made fun of and judged by my appearance.
My daughter was embarrassed to be seen with me, although she wouldn't admit it. I just existed - I didn't live.

I read the DANDR book from cover to cover, went to the grocery store and took the plunge. Within the first week I had lost a substantial amount of weight. The pounds kept dropping. At my one year anniversary (yes, on that very day!) I had lost 200 lbs.
The weight loss slowed, but I knew this plan was still working. The inches were still coming off.

I'm not at my goal weight yet. However, I am happy with myself, have more self-esteem, have some energy, can buy clothes in a regular store, and -THE BEST PART OF ALL - I am no longer addicted to food. It doesn't rule my life anymore.

I have done this plan without spending a lot of time cooking and preparing meals. For me that focuses too much on the food. Many days I have no idea what I'm going to eat until I get hungry, then I go for whatever is available. I fill the hunger and move on.

I have been a purist of the Atkins plan. I made up my mind not to cheat - EVER - and kept that promise to myself. I think if you read other posts, you will find that same policy was used by many of the people who have been successful on this plan. I truly find it hard to believe that sugar has not touched my lips in two years, when it used to be my whole existence!

Losing the weight also made me deal with some childhood issues that were unresolved. I sought counseling and have been able to overcome those issues also. Change involves taking a good look at ourselves, sometimes not liking what we see, but being willing to be honest and work hard to make ourselves better.

So, I will end with a blessing to all of you who decide that this plan is for you. No one said it is easy. Change is never easy. But it is SO WORTH IT!!

You all have my utmost respect, love and encouragement. Hugs!
WHAT A GREAT JOURNEY. YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME.
I AM SITTING HERE TONIGHT LITERALLY HOLDING MYSELF BACK FROM THE FRIDGE AND I READ YOUR THREAD.
THANK YOU!
YOU HAVE GIVEN MY EXACTLY THE INSPIRATION I NEED AT THIS MOMENT.
THANKS FOR SHARING.
doramider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilmrschevy
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: March 2, 2011
WTG
lilmrschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Edward78
Stats: 415/195/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2011
Hello to all on here and glad to be writing in this thread because that means I have lost over 200lbs. I have been 400 + for about 8 years and always over 300 since I was 15 years old. I did the Atkins diet back in 2000 when it first got real popular and got down to 270lbs and was feeling good but like many of us on here fell back into my old ways and slowly over the years put it all back on + allot more. I got married in 2003 and tried to lose the weight for a few years. At some point I just decided I'm 400 pounds I need to cut my self in half and its just to hard so I just accepted failure and ignored the problem. I would not look in a mirror if I could avoid it. I had super high blood pressure and was takes 2 different blood pressure pills just to keep it down. Well last August me and my wife started to have allot of problems and finally called it quits at the end of September. Well I was about to turn 33 and took a good long look at myself and new I had to start my life all over again and did not like what I ad to work with. I love kids and my wife had lots of problems trying to have some and I now know I am going to be in my 40's and 50's with teenage kids when I do finally have some and I wanted to be the dad that showed his kids how to dos tuft not the one that sits in a chair and tells them how to do and how good I was at it when I was younger and better shape. Well October 1 2012 I told my self before I turn 34 I will weigh under 200lbs and right now I am still 33 for another 3 weeks and I now weigh 195lbs. To top it all off on June 15 I wrecked my motor cycle and broke my leg and have been on crutches and off work for the past 3 months and still lost 30 pounds. I think that was the biggest test was facing sitting around the house with nothing to really do and not eat. Before I was staying busy and doing stuff when I wanted to eat and thats a whole lot easier. Well 1 1/2 weeks until I get all this steel out of my foot and I will be walking again. I have never weight this much since I was in 6th grade. I suck at writing and sure this is all choppy poorly written but I think you all get the point. The main thing is we all know what to do and how to do it you just need to decide to truly commit to it and realize that nothing taste that good really. I know now that nothing taste better than how I feel. Before when I avoided mirrors I don't think it was because the way i looked as much as what I saw in it a failure who accepted defeat without a real fight. Don't give up you will have a bad day here and there and it will seam impossible at times but it isn't you can do it.

Ed
Edward78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhubarb
Stats: 195/126/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2012
You are amazing. You have your whole life ahead of you and you're a new you!

Congratulations!
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
CONGRATS!!!!!! I smiled when reading that you had reached your goal. Really makes it seem possible for me to do so too.
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote