Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
peppermint creme stevia & flavored stevia vs plain

I finished a bottle of Sweetleaf vanilla stevia today and decided to make my own "peppermint creme" stevia in the empty dropper bottle.

I was thinking in the beginning maybe 10 drops vanilla stevia to 1 or 2 drops peppermint (I used Watkins brand, BTW... I think I prefer Adams but this is what I currently have). Turns out, in coffee with cream anyway, my perfect ration is 1:1! So it was really easy to put a few teaspoons of vanilla stevia and the same number of teaspoons of peppermint extract in the empty bottle and shake.

How much you use will depend on your own preferences and how large of a cup of coffee you drink, of course, but my cup of coffee this morning was 6 oz coffee, 4 Tbl heavy cream, 12 drops of the new "peppermint creme stevia" and 2 drops EZ-sweetz. EZ-Sweetz and the stevia work together really well. I almost never use either alone.

Anyway, it really made me wonder... do you think they make the flavored stevias as sweet as the plain ones by using more concentrated stevia to blend with? Or do they do what I do and mix stevia with an extract- thus, the result would actually be less sweet drop for drop? The only stevias I own are flavors- vanilla & lemon drop. So in following one of my recipes calling for vanilla or lemon stevia, if someone only had plain stevia... are they over-sweetening what they are making?

Jen
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links