Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MikeA
Stats: 214/168/160
Start Date: 10/13/2014
Boneless chicken breasts

Well seeing how these are one of the few meats I can afford. I'm looking for any creative and somewhat simple recipe ideas for them. I can only eat chicken salad so much before I get tired of it.

Aside from nasty marinades, I'm open to try most anything!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Try this great thread!

What's your favorite way to doctor up plain chicken breasts?
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Trader Joe's Thai Green Chili simmering sauce is delicious with chicken breasts. I threw a couple chick breasts in the crock pot, topped it with the sauce and cooked on low for about 4 hrs. Shredded the chicken when done. Very tasty.
grneyedldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
One of my favorite, simple ways to cook chicken breasts (or tenders) is to put them on the George Foreman grill frozen, sprinkle with McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until done. Then I make a delicious "white gravy" by melting cream cheese and cream together. I use about 3/4 cup cream for 8 oz. cream cheese, but you can adjust quantities for your needs. OMG!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Well seeing how these are one of the few meats I can afford. I'm looking for any creative and somewhat simple recipe ideas for them. I can only eat chicken salad so much before I get tired of it.

I'm curious about this...I find boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the most expensive type of chicken. Whole chicken, thighs, legs, wings are all cheaper.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
I have two favorites, both are from Linda Sue. So check her out. But we really Seoul Chicken. It uses bone in, skin on chicken thighs. Really easy. We also love party chicken. Chicken, bacon and a mushroom sour cream sauce. Those are out favorites.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
I just made this again the other day and my husband loved it:

HOUSTON CHICKEN - EASIER METHOD
1 boneless chicken breast
Salt, pepper and other seasonings, to taste
1 tablespoon low carb BBQ sauce
1 slice bacon, chopped coarsely
1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded

Pound the chicken breast flat and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Season lightly on both sides. Spoon the barbecue sauce on the chicken and spread evenly over the top. Place the raw bacon pieces on the chicken. Bake at 400º 8-10 minutes. At this point the bacon won't be quite done. Take the baking pan out of the oven and raise the oven rack to the highest setting. Turn the oven to Broil and broil the chicken 3-4 minutes to brown the bacon. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil just long enough to melt the cheese, about a minute or two. After the chicken is done, crumple up the foil and toss. There's almost no clean-up!

Makes 1 serving

Per Serving: 285 Calories; 14g Fat; 36g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
I have two favorites, both are from Linda Sue. So check her out. But we really Seoul Chicken. It uses bone in, skin on chicken thighs. Really easy. We also love party chicken. Chicken, bacon and a mushroom sour cream sauce. Those are out favorites.
I didn't see a recipe for party chicken. Could you share?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
Start Date: which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedldy View Post
I didn't see a recipe for party chicken. Could you share?
Well, of course! I thought I got this from Linda Sue, but I've had this for a long time. I know it came from here though!! Here you go;

Party Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar canned, dried beef
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 pint sour cream
8oz bacon

Preheat oven to 300. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer dried beef on the bottom. (Rinse according to their directions) Next place chicken over beef. Place bacon on top of the chicken.

Mix sour cream and soup, spread on top of the dish, covering meats. Bake, uncovered for 2 1/2 hours at 300.

*For crispier bacon I microwave it for a few minutes before layering on top of the chicken. I have also cooked it at 350 for less time, maybe an hour? The bacon won't get super crisp, but the flavors are yummy!

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
Well, of course! I thought I got this from Linda Sue, but I've had this for a long time. I know it came from here though!! Here you go;

Party Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar canned, dried beef
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 pint sour cream
8oz bacon

Preheat oven to 300. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer dried beef on the bottom. (Rinse according to their directions) Next place chicken over beef. Place bacon on top of the chicken.

Mix sour cream and soup, spread on top of the dish, covering meats. Bake, uncovered for 2 1/2 hours at 300.

*For crispier bacon I microwave it for a few minutes before layering on top of the chicken. I have also cooked it at 350 for less time, maybe an hour? The bacon won't get super crisp, but the flavors are yummy!
That sounds delicious. Than you kind Snowangel
Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
Stats: 200+, 130, 125
WOE: Keto-paleo/HFLC
Start Date: Atkins 2001, NK May 2014
Prosciutto wrapped rosemary chicken and grilled veg

This one has been in my rotation for nearly 20 yrs - impressive taste and delicious results for such an easy dish!

Preheat oven to moderate 180C or 350 F. Cut 6 egg (roma) tomatoes in half lengthways: placed in baking dish. Add fresh chopped Rosemary (b/w 1 and 4 tbsps to suit your taste), 8 cloves unpeeled garlic, ¼ cup each of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and 2 tbsps of white wine vinegar and some freshly ground black pepper. Top 4 chicken breasts with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Wrap a couple pieces of prosciutto around and secure the end underneath with a toothpick or a sharpened rosemary twig. Add to the baking dish, rosemary side up. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve with the pan’s veggies, garlic and juices. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and shavings of fresh parmesan.

PS: This dish works well with other veggies – zucchini is great. I’ll often double or triple the recipe and cook it all in a massive paella pan to serve a rustic meal for a crowd.

Protein: 45 g
Fat: 25 g
Carbs: 2 g

Last night I had another simple but wonderful dish with leftover chicken breast. I steamed a bunch of broccoli, added the chicken and warmed it all through with an intense homemade pesto.

I also love to use chicken breast for Thai peanut salad wraps...
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I just posted my bourbon chicken from tonight.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

Hi Mike,

I really like this recipe for Garlic Chicken Parmesan using Dreamfields Penne Rigate Pasta in post #4 of this thread:

DreAmfields pasta

Enjoy!

locarbman... ;-)
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
I like to butterfly, pound and brush with mustard, season with s&p, layer ham & swiss then roll up and dredge in egg wash then parmesan and bake for 30-35 min. Cordon bleu!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stewcarol
Chicken Lazone is excellent, check out the link below. I've made this with pork chops as well. Really delicious sauce, nice served with green beans.
Chicken Lazone-This is fabulous!!!
stewcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
Start Date: September 2000
This recipe has been mentioned several times on the Facebook page, Low Carb Eating. I have all the ingredients and plan to try it this week.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole Caveman Keto
8 Chicken breasts
1 Cup Sour Cream
8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese
4 oz. Diced Green Chiles
4 tsp. Taco Seasoning
16 oz. Green Salsa
4 Stalks Green Onions
Cut the chicken breasts into chunks
Cook the chicken breasts in a pan, if your pan isn't big enough, do it in batches. Once the chicken is cooked, drain the excess liquid, in my case I just used the lid of the wok to get most of the liquid out. Add taco seasoning to the cooked chicken breasts. Transfer the chicken into a greased pan. Mix sour cream, chiles and salsa together and pour over chicken. Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Shred the Monterey Jack cheese while the chicken is cooking. Once the chicken is done, remove and cover in cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EssBee
Stats: 135/135/115
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Original: 9/00, Restart 3/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Great thread, thanks!
EssBee is offline   Reply With Quote