Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Easy Peasy Sandwich Thins

Low carb, low calorie, easy to make, and just a few ingredients.

These sandwich thins are very versatile. Can be used as sandwich thins, pizza crust, or crackers. Simple and quick to make. You will need a muffin top pan or two for this one.

Ingredients:
1 C Kraft Grated Parmesan
2 Eggs
2 level scoops Syntrax Nectar Unflavored Medical Whey Protein (you need to adjust your cals/carbs according to what protein powder you use, this only has 40cals/0g carbs per scoop)
1tsp glucomannan powder
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4tsp Kernal Season's Butter popcorn seasoning (they have many flavors, I made some with nacho cheese powder and they were delicious)

Pre-heat oven to 400*.

Spray muffin top pan well with coconut oil spray or any cooking spray.

Mix all ingredients except glucomannan powder in a mixer on high for 3-4 minutes. Slowly sprinkle in the glucomannan powder while it is mixing to make sure it is evenly distributed and mixed well. Put 1 tbsp of mixture into each muffin top cup and shake the pan around until it's covered pretty evenly.

Bake at 400* for 8 minutes. They will brown on the bottom, and should slide right out and be crispy and very thin, but not break. They should be pretty sturdy.

I got 15 total thins from this recipe. Can be kept on countertop for a while (not sure how long, just made a batch last night).

I used it for buns for my turkey burger, can also be used for mini pizza crust, or sandwiches, or even crackers. Very very versatile recipe. You can play with it and add what you like.

Nutritional info per thin (15 in a batch):

48 calories, 3.06g fat, 0.32g carbs, 0.1g fiber, 0.22 net carbs

Last night I made tostadas with them and they held up really really well. I didn't heat them up, just took them out of my zip loc bag and loaded them up.

Sorry the pictures are so big. I've been having heck trying to post pictures lately so it's big or nothing

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Cool, I'll give this a try! Did you use a measuring tablespoonful to put the batter in the pan or just eyeball it?

Last edited by Mistizoom; 10-10-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

I used a measuring spoon, that's the only way I could make sure of how many servings/nutritional info.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
wonder if anything besides gluc pwd would work ? I don't have any and these look good and super easy !!

Any ideas ?
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Honestly, I don't know how much of a difference the glucc makes in this recipe. I have worked with glucc a lot, and usually when I use it I use a different method of making "bread" products. I think it would probably work just as well without it, but I'm just so used to it adding a bit of moisture in any bread product I use it.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Wow! Thanks for this! All ingredients I use, that's SO nice! This is going on the list for next week! I would think that xanthan gum might work too.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
great thanks, I have xantham gum
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Thanks!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Made these today. My batter was way too dry so I had to add an extra egg and 2T of water. Still a very stiff batter so mine came out more like a biscuit - didn't spread or flatten in the muffin top pan at all. Must be the difference in protein powders. Still a very tasty lc biscuit that was yummy with a bowl of soup. Will make again with even more liquid added to see if I can get a cracker like consistency.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
Made these today. My batter was way too dry so I had to add an extra egg and 2T of water. Still a very stiff batter so mine came out more like a biscuit - didn't spread or flatten in the muffin top pan at all. Must be the difference in protein powders. Still a very tasty lc biscuit that was yummy with a bowl of soup. Will make again with even more liquid added to see if I can get a cracker like consistency.
If you make them again, try using the same recipe but 4 eggs. I made them both ways and I think they came out better this way.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
I made theses today and they turned out great! I did use four eggs and the batter seemed right. They did 'cup' a little. I think my oven might have been too hot. Definitely a keeper!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Lol, yeah I need to change the nutritional counts to 4 eggs. It seems they DO need those extra eggs. I don't think they had an eggy flavor, though. I thought it was something easy and quick and you can make a lot of them and just put on the counter and use throughout the week for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Last night I made some wraps. All I used was 3tbsp of Great Value Egg makers (25cal, 1g carb), and 1 scoop unflavored whey (40 cal, 0g carb), and a little sprinkle of the butter popcorn seasoning. I put a little spray in a small round pot, about the size of a normal wrap, and put all the batter in and swirled it around. let it start to brown, then flip. Bam. I just did the batter a whole bunch of times and made them separate so I could keep the counts correct.

These were awesome. So pliable and good neutral flavor.

Counts using 4 eggs, getting 15 per batch:

58 cal, 0.37g carb, 0.1g fiber, .27g net carbs per thin.

Last edited by MsWoods; 10-14-2014 at 11:20 AM..