Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Grain Brain Cookbook

Has anyone purchased Grain Brain Cookbook? I have found this site to be fabulous for almost any low carb recipe I need; however, I am curious if anyone has purchased Grain Brain Cookbook by David Perlmutter and your opinion on the recipes and information.

I read Grain Brain and probably liked it more than Wheat Belly.

Teresa
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
I wonder if a public library might have it? I've gone to the library before to 'try before I buy'. Sometimes our county library will even order a book if enough people make a request. Just a thought - hopefully someone here will have better insight - good luck!
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
Stats: 200+, 130, 125
WOE: Keto-paleo/HFLC
Start Date: Atkins 2001, NK May 2014
TBipp, I can't weigh in on this but I do have a recommendation. I just got back from a large chain bookstore (where I saw said cookbook). I want to buy a cookbook, but I like to try a few recipes first. And since not all cookbook writers have blogs to sample from first, I take my iphone into the bookstore and choose a couple books that look promising. Take a few snaps of recipes I'd like to make and Bob's your uncle. Try out a few recipes, then, if you like the recipes, purchase the cookbook.

I never get raised eyebrows or disapproving looks from either browsers or merchants, but for some reason I feel slightly naughty doing it!

I devised my system after spending big coin on cookbooks that turned out to be real flops. So many people these days just churn them out - without even properly recipe testing!
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
I saw it at Costco today, looked through it quickly, and resisted buying it.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Thanks for everyone's input. I also saw it at Costco a couple weeks ago and resisted. However, now it is haunting me and I thought I would check with this group to see if anyone had purchased.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon41 View Post
TBipp, I can't weigh in on this but I do have a recommendation. I just got back from a large chain bookstore (where I saw said cookbook). I want to buy a cookbook, but I like to try a few recipes first. And since not all cookbook writers have blogs to sample from first, I take my iphone into the bookstore and choose a couple books that look promising. Take a few snaps of recipes I'd like to make and Bob's your uncle. Try out a few recipes, then, if you like the recipes, purchase the cookbook.

I never get raised eyebrows or disapproving looks from either browsers or merchants, but for some reason I feel slightly naughty doing it!

I devised my system after spending big coin on cookbooks that turned out to be real flops. So many people these days just churn them out - without even properly recipe testing!

And I thought I was the only I ending this!! Did it just last night in fact! This book only had a couple that sounded good. TB, if you can get to a Barnes &. Noble, you could sit and check it out before committing too it. I do that all the time too.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 195
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2014
I purchased the Kindle version because it cost less than book. Most of the book is devoted to repeats of his Grain Brain book...worthwhile, but I had already read it. The recipes are tasty.
Cats for Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
Stats: 200+, 130, 125
WOE: Keto-paleo/HFLC
Start Date: Atkins 2001, NK May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
And I thought I was the only I ending this!! Did it just last night in fact! This book only had a couple that sounded good. TB, if you can get to a Barnes &. Noble, you could sit and check it out before committing too it. I do that all the time too.
I did it that same night too and am I am enjoying imagining that we were both employing operation sneaky-thrifty-recipe-book-researching at the same time! Thank you for joining me in my public self-outing of this - I feel less embarrassed now. See you are an angel! A wee bit of a sneaky thrifty angel, mind you! But I think that's the best kind
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
What about recipes in Wheat Belly? Anyone tried those?
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote