Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dldickins
Stats: 309/273/125
WOE: HFLC, NK July 2014
Start Date: May 28, 2011. Restarted July 22, 2014
Adjustable Chocolate Pudding

I found this recipe in "The 150 Best American Recipes" cookbook which says it originally came from the back of a Nestle's chocolate chip bag. It' s similar to Lauren Benning's of Healthy Indulgences chocolate mousse recipe. I have adapted it to make it low carb and in the process made the chocolate adjustable. So this can be a milk chocolate, regular chocolate or dark chocolate pudding. You could use unsweetened chocolate but I love Lindt and can only get as close as 90%. I made another batch yesterday and added 1/2 teaspoon of Lorann's orange emulsion. Yummy!

Blender Chocolate Pudding

1 cup heavy cream
Lindt 90% chocolate, chopped (use only one amount below)
5 squares = milk chocolate or
7 squares = chocolate or
12 squares = dark chocolate
1/2 to 1 cup sugar equivalent. (I used 4 T granular Erythritol, 4 T Just Like Sugar Tabletop and 1/8 teaspoon Stevia extract powder)
2 large eggs, room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of fine sea salt
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso to boost chocolate flavor

In a small saucepan, bring the cream and espresso powder, if using, to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Set aside. Can do this in microwave instead but watch very closely.

In blender, add chopped chocolate, dry sweetener and salt. Blend until mostly powdered. Add eggs, vanilla, any liquid sweetener if using, and pulse to a paste. With the blender running, slowly pour the hot cream in a steady stream and blend until smooth and silky, about 1 minute. This cooks the eggs so you don't have to worry about raw eggs. If you are still worried about it use pasturized eggs.

Pour the pudding into 6 small ramekins and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with whipped cream. This makes 6 three ounce servings. They're small but rich!

For the milk chocolate variation - Cal: 209; Prot: 3g; Fat: 20g; Net Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 1g;

Last edited by dldickins; 09-30-2014 at 04:12 PM..
dldickins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links