Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Oven Roasted Asian Chicken Thighs

Just tried this recipe tonight from the Ruled website.

Even used chicken breast because I didn't have thighs. No xantham gum also.

But still delicious!!!

THE PREPARATION

6 Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup
1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tsp. Sriracha
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Minced Ginger
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum
4 cups Raw Spinach
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
THE EXECUTION

1. Preheat your oven to 425F. Grab the chicken thighs out of the fridge and pat dry with paper towels. I leave them to rest for a few minutes on paper towels and then pat the tops dry before I season.

IMG_5201
2. In a small ramekin or container, mix together 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup, 1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar, 2 tsp. Sriracha, 1 tsp. Minced Garlic, and 1 tsp. Minced Ginger. Once mixed, you’ll notice that the oils are usually floating at the top. Add 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum and mix well – the result should be a thickened paste of sorts.

IMG_5204
3. Season the chicken well (on the skin side up, only) with salt and pepper. Be generous with the seasoning, completely coating with kosher salt and black pepper.

IMG_5207
4. Using your hands and fingers, rub the sauce all over the chicken thighs. Make sure you cover all of the chicken thigh, bottom included. When each piece of covered, transfer to a wire rack.

IMG_5214
5. Place the wire rack over a baking sheet covered with foil. Then, place the chicken in the oven and allow to bake for 40-50 minutes. I normally suggest 50 minute range, but depending on the output of your stove, it may be slightly less.

IMG_5224
6. Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. It should look crisp and slightly blackened – like you just pulled it off of the grill.

IMG_5258
7. Mix 4 cups of spinach, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, and the leftover chicken fat from the pan together. Add salt and pepper if you need to, then serve warm! Don’t be surprised at how fast this disappears.

AsianChickenThighsLong1
This makes a total of 4 servings of Oven “Grilled” Asian Chicken Thighs. Each serving comes out to 606 Calories, 53.5g Fats, 1.5g Net Carbs, and 28.8g Protein.

Oven “Grilled” Asian Chicken Thighs Calories Fats (g) Carbs (g) Fiber (g) Net Carbs (g) Protein (g)
6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs 2240 200 0 0 0 112
1 tbsp. Olive Oil 120 14 0 0 0 0
1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup 5 0 1 0 1 0
1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 tsp. Sriracha 10 0 2 0 2 0
1 tsp. Minced Garlic 5 0 1 0 1 0
1 tsp. Minced Ginger 5 0 1 0 1 0
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum 2 0 0 0 0 0
Salt and Pepper to Taste 2 0 0 0 0 0
4 cups Spinach 28 0 4 3 1 3
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes 5 0 0 0 0 0
Salt and Pepper to Taste 2 0 0 0 0 0
Totals 2424 214 9 3 6 115
Per Serving ( /4 ) 606 53.5 2.25 0.75 1.5 28.8
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,029
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Thanks for posting what seems to be a delightful chicken recipe without a grill!
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 770
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
!

I saw and saved this recipe over the weekend, too! Glad to know you liked it. I'll have to plan on making it in the near future.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelby'snana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere, Tx
Posts: 6,233
Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
looks delicious and I just bought a big package of thighs ! Thanks !!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
millergirl1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,715
Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Would gluc work in place of the xantham gum? I am looking for inspiration for chicken thighs for dinner tonight. Also, I want to serve them with cauli mash- could I make some extra sauce to go over? This sounds delicious!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
No idea about gluc and xantham, haven't used them But I made the sauce without the xantham and it turned out fine.

I am thinking maybe this would be good for porkchops too!
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
ClikChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,450
Gallery: ClikChik
Stats: 135/132/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: 9/2/2014
awesome!

We just finished our dinner. Let me just say this:

THANK YOU!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Just tried this recipe tonight from the Ruled website.

Even used chicken breast because I didn't have thighs. No xantham gum also.

But still delicious!!!

THE PREPARATION

6 Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup
1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tsp. Sriracha
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Minced Ginger
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum
4 cups Raw Spinach
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
THE EXECUTION

1. Preheat your oven to 425F. Grab the chicken thighs out of the fridge and pat dry with paper towels. I leave them to rest for a few minutes on paper towels and then pat the tops dry before I season.

IMG_5201
2. In a small ramekin or container, mix together 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup, 1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar, 2 tsp. Sriracha, 1 tsp. Minced Garlic, and 1 tsp. Minced Ginger. Once mixed, you’ll notice that the oils are usually floating at the top. Add 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum and mix well – the result should be a thickened paste of sorts.

IMG_5204
3. Season the chicken well (on the skin side up, only) with salt and pepper. Be generous with the seasoning, completely coating with kosher salt and black pepper.

IMG_5207
4. Using your hands and fingers, rub the sauce all over the chicken thighs. Make sure you cover all of the chicken thigh, bottom included. When each piece of covered, transfer to a wire rack.

IMG_5214
5. Place the wire rack over a baking sheet covered with foil. Then, place the chicken in the oven and allow to bake for 40-50 minutes. I normally suggest 50 minute range, but depending on the output of your stove, it may be slightly less.

IMG_5224
6. Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. It should look crisp and slightly blackened – like you just pulled it off of the grill.

IMG_5258
7. Mix 4 cups of spinach, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, and the leftover chicken fat from the pan together. Add salt and pepper if you need to, then serve warm! Don’t be surprised at how fast this disappears.

AsianChickenThighsLong1
This makes a total of 4 servings of Oven “Grilled” Asian Chicken Thighs. Each serving comes out to 606 Calories, 53.5g Fats, 1.5g Net Carbs, and 28.8g Protein.

Oven “Grilled” Asian Chicken Thighs Calories Fats (g) Carbs (g) Fiber (g) Net Carbs (g) Protein (g)
6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs 2240 200 0 0 0 112
1 tbsp. Olive Oil 120 14 0 0 0 0
1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup 5 0 1 0 1 0
1 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 tsp. Sriracha 10 0 2 0 2 0
1 tsp. Minced Garlic 5 0 1 0 1 0
1 tsp. Minced Ginger 5 0 1 0 1 0
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum 2 0 0 0 0 0
Salt and Pepper to Taste 2 0 0 0 0 0
4 cups Spinach 28 0 4 3 1 3
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes 5 0 0 0 0 0
Salt and Pepper to Taste 2 0 0 0 0 0
Totals 2424 214 9 3 6 115
Per Serving ( /4 ) 606 53.5 2.25 0.75 1.5 28.8
ClikChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
^You're welcome!!! I want to make this for weekend again!
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Bought chicken wings and chicken drumsticks. I'm sure they will be awesome with this sauce.

I'm drooling in anticipation!
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
ClikChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,450
Gallery: ClikChik
Stats: 135/132/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: 9/2/2014
oohhh... I may have to do more of them this weekend too. lol I love the way they char up in the oven and who knew that chicken fat on spinach would be delicious!?? Did I see that you didn't use the xantham gum either? I didn't actually mix it up, the LOML did. He even had them in the oven when I got home from work and we ate within 15 minutes of my arrival. The house smelled A-mazzzzing! Yea.. I think Sunday for football would be awesome for another batch (or two...).
ClikChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelby'snana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere, Tx
Posts: 6,233
Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I forgot to buy fresh spinach, may use cabbage instead . Think that would be good ??
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
millergirl1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,715
Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I forgot to buy fresh spinach, may use cabbage instead . Think that would be good ??
I think that would be delicious! I have GOT to try this recipe.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClikChik View Post
oohhh... I may have to do more of them this weekend too. lol I love the way they char up in the oven and who knew that chicken fat on spinach would be delicious!?? Did I see that you didn't use the xantham gum either? I didn't actually mix it up, the LOML did. He even had them in the oven when I got home from work and we ate within 15 minutes of my arrival. The house smelled A-mazzzzing! Yea.. I think Sunday for football would be awesome for another batch (or two...).
Yeah I did not use xantham because I did not have that. It was still awesome! I'm gonna make some using chicken drumsticks tonight.
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Agree - I'm sure it will be awesome with cabbage as well!
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Thanks for posting what seems to be a delightful chicken recipe without a grill!
You're welcome!

I'm still drooling.
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
Would gluc work in place of the xantham gum? I am looking for inspiration for chicken thighs for dinner tonight. Also, I want to serve them with cauli mash- could I make some extra sauce to go over? This sounds delicious!
This is my plan tonight!

I have some cauli mash that needs delicious protein to go with it.
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Amélie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,497
Gallery: Amélie
Drumsticks grilling in the oven. <3
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.