Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
How to change this to PB fudge?

I want to change this recipe to PB fudge can someone tell me if this would be correct?

Original recipe:

3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 t. vanilla
1 c. powdered erythritol
1- 8oz package of cream cheese

Melt the 3 oz of chocolate and unsalted butter on low heat. Mix in vanilla and erythritol. Take off heat and put in kitchenaid mixer with cream cheese. Beat on medium until well incorporated.

To change to PB fudge, I was thinking just sub 1/3 c. Peanut Butter for the chocolate and butter? Or would I use 1/4 cup Peanut butter and 1/8 cup unsalted butter?

I really want to stay as close as I can to the original recipe, it is just so darn easy!

I just really don't want to waste a bunch of ingredients and I am not really good at baking substitutions. But I am learning!

Thank you,

Mindy

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone?
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
In have several recipes for peanut butter fudge. Is that what you want? Or do you want chocolate peanut butter fudge. I have several for that also.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

I want to make a PB fudge. I was hoping to simply change the ingredients in the recipe I have because it is such a simple recipe and I have all the ingredients. However, I will take your recipes because I don't know how to change the recipe I have or if what I am thinking is correct. Thank you for your help.

Mindy
Old 08-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Here are 3 recipes. I have tried the first, and it is great.
Peanut Butter Fudge Kbgardengirl
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese
¼ t of sucralose (1 cup worth sweetener)
2 scoops of vanilla flavored Protein Designer Whey Powder
Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 1 min. Remove and stir in the cream cheese until completely dissolved. Stir in the Splenda and then stir in the Designer Whey Powder. Grease a 6 1/2 inch square container. Pour in the dish. Put in the refrigerator until cool. To speed up this process place in the freezer until cool.
Easy Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Fudge Cut the Wheat
6 T unsalted butter at room temperature
6 T cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 C natural peanut butter, smooth
1 t or less glucomannan powder
1 1/2 C powdered sweetener (Swerve confectioners)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
In a large sauce pan, add butter and cream cheese and heat over medium heat until completely melted. Add in vanilla extract, salt and peanut butter. Stir well over medium heat until melted and smooth. In a large bowl, sift the corn starch or glucomannan powder into the powdered sweetener and whisk well until evenly distributed. Carefully add the sweetener in to the peanut butter mixture and stir well until sweetener has begun to combine with the mixture. Remove pan from heat. Use an electric hand mixer on high speed and beat the fudge mixture for about three minutes. Beat until you see absolutely no separation or oil laying on top of the mixture. Line an 8x8 cake pan with parchment and pour the fudge into the pan. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread it evenly. Cover the dish and place into the refrigerator to set for three to six hours.
Peanut Butter Fudge Wholefood Mom on a Budget
1/2 cup refined coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar free peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt (I use Real Salt)
2 tsp. Stevia (2 cups of sweetener)
In a saucepan, melt coconut oil and peanut butter over medium heat until melted. Add vanilla, salt, and stevia. Put in an 8 x 8 baking pan lined with wax paper. Place fudge into freezer to harden for at least one hour. Remove from freezer and cut into desired sized pieces.

Last edited by Soobee; 08-22-2014 at 03:58 PM..
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese
Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 1 min. Remove and stir in the cream cheese until completely dissolved. Stir in the Splenda and then stir in the Designer Whey Powder. Grease a 6 1/2 inch square container. Pour in the dish. Put in the refrigerator until cool. To speed up this process place in the freezer until cool.

This is the one I use now for PB fudge. Really want to make something special? Take the recipe for the fudge in my first post and make it. Then top it with this PB fudge. Refrigerate until firm. Yummy, awesome, tasty goodness. It is my "fat bomb".

Mindy
Old 12-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantlessofme View Post
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese

This is the one I use now for PB fudge. Really want to make something special? Take the recipe for the fudge in my first post and make it. Then top it with this PB fudge. Refrigerate until firm. Yummy, awesome, tasty goodness. It is my "fat bomb".

Mindy
Mindy, this sounds so good! Does the fudge firm up? Would it work to serve at room temperature?
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Pam,

I refrigerate mine. It will stay somewhat firm for awhile at room temperature. It doesn't get "soupy" but it does become soft. I really like the texture straight out of the fridge. And just so you know, it becomes sweeter when it cools. You could always put it out on a platter with reusable freezer packs under the platter.

Oh, and I forgot, we REALLY like our sweets SWEET, so in the PB fudge I put in 1 full teaspoon of EZ Sweetz instead of 1/4 teaspoon. By doing this, it really takes it up to candy store quality and the taste of Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.

Mindy
Old 12-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantlessofme View Post
Pam,

I refrigerate mine. It will stay somewhat firm for awhile at room temperature. It doesn't get "soupy" but it does become soft. I really like the texture straight out of the fridge. And just so you know, it becomes sweeter when it cools. You could always put it out on a platter with reusable freezer packs under the platter.

Oh, and I forgot, we REALLY like our sweets SWEET, so in the PB fudge I put in 1 full teaspoon of EZ Sweetz instead of 1/4 teaspoon. By doing this, it really takes it up to candy store quality and the taste of Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.

Mindy
Thanks for the tips, Mindy!
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote