Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2010
No more peeling cheese off of take out pizza!!

Since take out pizza is off limits for me I had no idea that Marcos Pizza made these wonderful bakes - Great LC alternative to eating pizza!
A new Marcos Pizza opened close to home and I have guests from out of town that were in the mood for pizza. I ordered the meatball bake for myself. I am not sure if they use breadcrumbs or not but being that I had not eaten all day except for a cup of coffee in the AM, I figured I could take a small carb hit. No pasta in it, just meatballs made from ground beef, italian sausage baked with sauce and lots of oooey gooeey cheese. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a whole lot of sauce since the sauce will add to the carb count.

As per the info I found online 1 serving = 5 net carbs. 1 serving - 1/6 of the container. In my opinion, I would say that container would give about 3-4 servings. I topped some baby spinach and cherry tomatoes with some shaved parm and added some Maries Creamy Italian Dressing then topped with the meatball bake. It was deelish!

So as I was looking at their website, I see that you can custom order other bakes the way you do your pizza, so you could do grilled chicken, various cheeses and veggies! I'm going to try that tomorrow. So if you have Marcos in your neck of the woods and in the mood for pizza without getting the bread, the bakes are a great option!

Last edited by tulipsandroses; 07-29-2014 at 09:07 PM..
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
Hey, I looked it up and we have Marcos in my area. I think you can even order with light sauce. I wonder if you can order with no sauce. Thanks for this great info.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/233/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
I have one down the street and never been...wonder of they do a bake with what you like...veggies, pepperoni, sausage, bacon..yanno..the works!
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
Nuresypoo, I'm headed to N.E. Tarrant county in a few weeks. If you check out that Marco's, would you please post what you find there? I'd love to give it a try. (No Babe's chicken this trip!)

Last edited by lazy girl; 07-31-2014 at 11:13 AM..
lazy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
I have one down the street and never been...wonder of they do a bake with what you like...veggies, pepperoni, sausage, bacon..yanno..the works!
Yes you can!
Check out their website.Under the bakes tab, you have tabs for meats, veggies and cheeses

Under meats you have

meatballs
sausage
ham
beef
pepperoni
ham
chicken
bacon
steak
anchovies

Under Veggies
Spinach
Onions
peppers
olives
tomatoes
mushrooms
Old 07-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABSY View Post
Hey, I looked it up and we have Marcos in my area. I think you can even order with light sauce. I wonder if you can order with no sauce. Thanks for this great info.
Just looked at the site again and YESS! there is an option for no sauce!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JJJ'sMom
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
I went to a Papa Murphy's recently. A lot like a Subway for pizzas, they fix while you stand there. Was getting a pizza for the family when it occurred to me to ask for a pizza w/ no crust. The girl was stunned and I explained why. She then had to ask the manager. He said, sure but I can't give you a discount for no crust but I can have her add xtra cheese at no cost..........Nice, although a rather heavy meal, certainly nice to know I could have crustless pizza purchased.
JJJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ'sMom View Post
I went to a Papa Murphy's recently. A lot like a Subway for pizzas, they fix while you stand there. Was getting a pizza for the family when it occurred to me to ask for a pizza w/ no crust. The girl was stunned and I explained why. She then had to ask the manager. He said, sure but I can't give you a discount for no crust but I can have her add xtra cheese at no cost..........Nice, although a rather heavy meal, certainly nice to know I could have crustless pizza purchased.
How would they make that?
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

The pizzas that they make are on a disposable pizza pan that you put in your oven. They simply make a pizza, except the first thing that doesn't go down on my pizza is the crust. The first thing on the plate would be the sauce, etc, etc. The reason it works at Papa Murphy's is because they fix it on a disposable pan. Ah, I guess that in my previous post I didn't mention, this is a pizza place that doesn't bake the pizzas, you take them home to bake. Sry, that might have cleared up what you asked.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

FYI.........in my area on Tuesdays, all pizzas, any size are $10.