Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: valentine319
Stats: 250/230/145
WOE: Low Carb Gourmet Style
Start Date: 8/15/2012
Death by Souffle

I found a recipe and altered it to work for me. I make it in a blender and it yields 8 individual Souffle which freeze, refrigerate and reheat great. I have a problem finding breakfast that work for me and this is amazing. I added 1/2 cup bacon bits, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese to the last ones and they were amazing.
These are amazing without any extra items.

Death by Soufflé
8 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 T olive oil
1 T Mediterranean spices/Italian
8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into about 1 inch pieces
4 ounces of another cheese (optional)
8 ounces cream cheese, cut into about 1 inch pieces
Dust bottom of disposable dishes with flax seed meal (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter large soufflé dish or just dust 8 – 4 inch round disposable dishes with flax seed meal.

2. Add to the blender the eggs, cream, Parmesan, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until mixed well and smooth. Add Mediterranean spices at the end. I added a couple tablespoons of olive oil.

3. With the blender running, add the cream cheese through the hole in the lid, one chunk at a time until all are chopped up and the mixture is thick. Add the cheddar*in the same manner. (Note – the mixture. will be very thick at this time; it may be necessary to stop the blender and stir the mixture around with a spatula to fully incorporate the cheeses.
4. Once all of the cheddar and cream cheese is fully incorporated, run the blender for 5 more seconds, just to get a little air in the mixture. You can stir in the bacon bits or stir in spinach (small items) etc at this point. I added 1 cup of bacon bits.

5. Pour the mixture into the buttered souffle dishes or disposable dishes. Or drizzle olive oil in the bottom of dishes and then pour in mix. 8 disposable 4 inch round dishes works. Additional optional items to add after potted into cups: bacon, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese; bacon, chunks of gouda and artichokes and many others. Get creative. Don't put the big pieces in the blender. Place them in the poured Souffle and use a spoon to cover with Souffle batter.

6. Bake the souffle for 40-50 minutes depending upon your preference. 30-40 for individual dishes. The original recipe says that either you can bake the souffle for 40 minutes and use the “liquid center as a sauce to spoon over the rest. of the souffle”, or you can just do what I do and bake it for 50 minutes to get a nice firm souffle all the way through. The souffle will have a lovely brown top. These freeze great and reheat in approximately 1:10 in microwave if defrosted. 2:00 minutes if frozen. You will see them puff back up.

"Doing LC Gourmet Style and keeping it interesting!"

250/230/145
Started 8/15/12
valentine319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
This looks so very good. Thank you for sharing.
lazy girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
Stats: 200+, 134, 125
WOE: NK, HFLC
Start Date: Atkins 2001, NK May 2014
Can't wait to try - thanks for posting! Any idea of nutritional info?
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote