Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Breakfast cereal

A handful of the below recipe with some hazelnuts, unsweetened freeze-dried cranberry slices from LC Foods and chopped pecans added to bowl. Topped with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, lightly sweetened and with a dash of sf praline pecan DaVinci syrup. Delish!!!

Cinnamon Chips, broken up into cereal sized bits

2 large zucchini, grated (today's is yellow squash- don't taste at all. Think zucchini bread)
4 eggs
2 bags shredded mozzarella cheese (you don't taste cheese at all)
cinnamon
vanilla
milled flax, chopped nuts, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, shredded coconut as desired (pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut in today's)
sweetener as desired

Preheat oven to 450.

Press liquid out of grated zucchini with paper towels. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Prepare 2 cookie sheets with nonstick foil. Press 1/2 of the mixture evenly in each cookie sheet, covering the entire bottom of each each.

Bake one sheet on the top rack and one on the bottom rack for 6 minutes. Flip the positions of the pans, putting the bottom on the top rack and the top one on the bottom. Bake 6 more minutes. Carefully remove foil from pans and flip the contents upside down onto dehydrator racks set upon the table. Cool. Cut into chip sized triangles. Place the triangles onto dehydrator racks and dehydrate at the hottest setting (155) until completely dried and crispy- about 6-10 hours, depending on thickness. Store in ziploc bag in fridge. Lasts at least 2 weeks.

Jen
JHoberer is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Jen - this sounds really intriguing! I'd like to try it but have a couple of questions - about how much grated zuke do you think? (not sure what large means, baseball-bat or ?) With the add-ins, what consistency should I aim for with the batter?
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

It's very flexible- anywhere from 2-3 cups of grated zucchini per 4 eggs. If you have extra zucchini add an extra egg. The cheese and the egg turn the recipe into a flexible sheet of... non risen sturdy pancake? A flexible, cuttable sheet that really tastes like nothing much. It takes on the flavor of whatever nuts, flavorings and sweetness you add- and gets terrifically crunchy in the dehydrator.

Nutritious chips! I ate cinnamon-vanilla chips today dipped in almond butter.

Last weekend I had a bowl of it crunched up with a few broken up pecans and hazelnuts added to my bowl.- with sweetened unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

It is SO filling.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miboje
Stats: 147/134.1/133
WOE: Whole foods with an eye on carbs
Start Date: Feb. 2009
Interesting....Thanks for posting this.
I'm going to try half a recipe to see if I like it, but I have a question about the two bags of cheese...are these two 8-oz. bags....a total of a pound of mozz. cheese per your recipe? If not, what would be the total weight per your recipe?
Thanks!
miboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

yes, the 2 cup kind.

Tip: cutting with a pizza cutter is so much quicker!!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakelilydad
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
Just a thought, but I've heard that they use corn starch to keep bagged shredded cheese from sticking together. It might be lower in carbs if you bought a chunk of mozzarella and shredded it in your food processor yourself.
Jakelilydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miboje
Stats: 147/134.1/133
WOE: Whole foods with an eye on carbs
Start Date: Feb. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelilydad View Post
Just a thought, but I've heard that they use corn starch to keep bagged shredded cheese from sticking together. It might be lower in carbs if you bought a chunk of mozzarella and shredded it in your food processor yourself.
I had to check mine...yes, mine does have cornstarch added. Mine is 4 grams of carbs per cup. I need to get it used up, however, so I will use what I have this time around. Thanks for the tip!
miboje is offline   Reply With Quote