|05-23-2014, 08:34 PM||#1|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Super Easy Fruity Rainbow Cupcakes
George Stella's white birthday cake recipe divided into fourths and to each portion I added 1/2 box SF Jello mix. Spoon into 12 cupcake liners, bake at 350 for 24 minutes. Top each rainbow cupcake with SF whipped cream "clouds". Awesome fruity taste!
*********** He shared this freely on Facebook, so I don't feel like I am cheating him. I don't know if it is in one of his cookbooks or not.
White Birthday Cake
Recipe courtesy George Stella / StellaStyle website
prep time 15 mins/cook time 35 min/chill time 2.5 hrs/serves 12
nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (I used Swerve and omitted the 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I added 1 tsp Princess Cake & Cookie emulsion but it'd be fine without it)
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 batch Buttercream Cheese Frosting, recipe below (I didn't use)
1. Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar substitute around the bottom and edges.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of tap water to the bowl and beat to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the Blanched Almond Meal, remaining 3/4 cup sugar substitute, and baking powder, then beat this dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until all are combined.
4. Pour the finished batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Turn pan upside down and shake to release cake. Frost with Buttercream Cheese Frosting, cut into 12 slices and serve.
Variation: While you could double the recipe to make a two layer cake, almond flour is very filling and satisfying, so we simply cut the one layer of this recipe in half horizontally using a long bread knife to make two layers.
Note: Nutrition facts for this recipe already include the amounts for the frosting.
calories: 220|fat: 18g protein:9g fiber: 3.5g net carbs: 2g
Buttercream Cheese Frosting
Recipe courtesy George Stella / StellaStyle.com
I think everyone would attest to the fact that buttercream frosting is delicious, but up until now we have never even attempted to make anything even similar to it as you need pretty much an entire box of confectioner’s sugar to get the consistency right. We’ve found that the best way to make it without sugar is to replace the missing bulk from the sugar with cream cheese, which creates a delicious hybrid between buttercream and cream cheese frosting. Then believe it or not, we found that using trans-fat free margarine (something we’ve been using to eat healthier) whipped into a better frosting texture than actual butter!
4 tablespoons butter
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Allow butter and cream cheese to soften to almost room temperature before using.
2. Beat all ingredients in an electric mixer on high until well combined and light and fluffy.
3. Spread on a completely cooled cake.
George’s Tips It should go without saying that you can use this frosting to frost a White Birthday Cake, recipe above. This also goes great as a topping on any low carb baked treat!
Variation: Add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (we like Hershey’s brand) and 1/4 cup more bulk sugar substitute to turn this into a Chocolate Frosting.
calories: 75 fat: 7g protein: 2g fiber: 0g net carbs: 1.5g
Maintaining IS winning. Losing... it's icing on the cake!