Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
recipe please

has anyone got a recipe for chicken broth, i really need to up my sodium to counteract my fatigue thanks all x
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
I don't have a recipe, but an easy thing is to buy chicken bouillion...it has lots of salt in it and no carbs.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
This stuff is awesome, you can add more salt if needed or use garlic salt instead of garlic powder.

Veggie Chicken Broth Mix
1-1/2 c. nutritional yeast
3 T. onion powder
2-1/2 t. garlic powder
1 T. salt
1 t. celery seed
2-1/2 T. Italian Seasoning
2 T. dry parsley

Mix in ingredients in blender and then store broth mix in an air-tight container. Add 1 T. of mix per cup of water and use as chicken or veggie broth in recipes.

Last edited by PaminKY; 05-01-2014 at 11:20 AM..
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2003
I know there are good recipes that use fewer ingredients and go together faster, but I always feel good about making this. Got the recipe years ago out of gourmet magazine. I honestly don't make it much since I started buying Knorr Homestyle Stock - it comes in little tubs of gel that get added to boiling water and has excellent flavor.

Chicken Stock
from Gourmet Magazine

4 pound fowl
1 large onion stuck with 2 cloves
2 leeks, halved lengthwise
2 carrots
1 stalk celery, halved
2 teaspoons salt
Cheesecloth bag containing 6 sprigs parsley, ˝ teaspoon dried thyme, 1 garlic clove, unpeeled, and 1 bay leaf

In a kettle, combine the fowl and 12 cups cold water. Bring the water to a boil and skim the froth as it rises to the surface. Add ˝ cup cold water, bring the stock to a simmer and skim any froth.

Add the onion, the leeks, the carrots, the celery, the salt, and the cheesecloth bag and simmer the stock, skimming the froth, for 2 hours.

Remove the fowl from the kettle, remove the meat and skin from the carcass, and reserve the meat for another use.

Chop the carcass; return it and the skin to the kettle, and simmer the stock, adding boiling water to keep the ingredients barely covered, for 2 hours.

Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids, and let it cool. Chill the stock. Makes about 6 cups.

Last edited by sligh; 05-01-2014 at 12:31 PM..
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote