Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Oh my, Da Vinci Salted Caramel Syrup, Nectar of the Gods! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/829368-oh-my-da-vinci-salted-caramel-syrup-nectar-gods.html)

olive oyl 04-25-2014 05:14 PM

Oh my, Da Vinci Salted Caramel Syrup, Nectar of the Gods!

I've always shied away from the sugar free syrups because I had a bad experience a few years ago. I've heard so many good things that I decided to try them again and I ordered the Salted Caramel, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Pineapple and Cherry.

Hubby and I did a taste test tonight pouring some of the Salted Caramel over ice cream. We were both groaning it was so good. Oh, the possibilities, it will be wonderful to pour in the cream cheese frosting for DJ Foodie's Cinnamon Roll.

I didn't like the brown sugar cinnamon as well, but it will be good in pumpkin one minute muffins. I saw a recipe that marinates chicken breasts in the pineapple syrup, then grill along with green pepper rings, and the cherry, has to be good in Diet Coke. I've got some things to try this weekend!

I'm so pleased that I tried these again, and thank you Netrition for having it on my doorstep in TWO days! Awesome!!!!!

Ann Lytle 04-25-2014 05:42 PM

Caramel is my weakness, went to Netrition to order some salted caramel looked through the list several times, no luck. Where exactly did you find it? TIA........... Ann

Charski 04-25-2014 07:20 PM

I haven't tried DaVinci's yet but have tried Torani's. It's right tasty stuff!

I LOVE the DV pineapple. I use it for sweet 'n sour pork or chicken. I also put it in my BBQ sauce sometimes.

Ann Lytle 04-25-2014 07:26 PM

I think I will order some of the DV Pineapple since you say it's good Charski. I found DV salted caramel on the internet, but it wasn't SF and loaded with extra sugar. I didn't care for the DV caramel, but might try the Torani's. Thanks for the info........ Ann

shoo 04-26-2014 06:15 AM

I use the sf pineapple in pineapple mojitos and sangria. I've also added it to LC carrot cake...yummy:)

LindaSue 04-26-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Lytle (Post 16889432)
Caramel is my weakness, went to Netrition to order some salted caramel looked through the list several times, no luck. Where exactly did you find it? TIA........... Ann

Da Vinci apparently doesn't make a salted caramel flavor but Torani does and Netrition has it.

Ann Lytle 04-26-2014 10:51 AM

Thank you Linda Sue, going to order some right now.............. Ann

Dirty Harriet 04-26-2014 12:20 PM

I've made a salted caramel cheesecake with the Toriani's and drizzled sugar free caramel sauce over the top, then put 6 butter toffee peanuts when serving it up......

snowangel9 04-27-2014 12:05 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting this. The daughter and I were just discussing making our own frapachinos this weekend. Definitely going on the 'to order list'!

Dirty Harriet 04-27-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16890753)
Wow! Thanks for posting this. The daughter and I were just discussing making our own frapachinos this weekend. Definitely going on the 'to order list'!

OMG!! BPC would be the bomb with melted butter & this stuff!!

snowangel9 04-27-2014 05:42 PM

That and the cheesecake sounds good Harriet!

Iwantlessofme 04-27-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16890753)

Could you please share your frappuccino recipe? I would LOVE to have one. Thank you.

Mindy

snowangel9 04-28-2014 11:08 AM

Iwantlessofme, I will as soon as we figure it out. We are playing with the coffee to cream to syrup ratio. Trying to get close to Starbucks. But, yep will let you know when we do! :)