Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cleochatra's Savory Cheesy Chive Waffles!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/828205-cleochatras-savory-cheesy-chive-waffles.html)

MiRedkitty 04-13-2014 03:14 PM

Cleochatra's Savory Cheesy Chive Waffles!!!

I finally got around to trying Cleo's waffles from her site...been eye-balling this recipe for quite some time. SHE'S A COOKING GENIUS!

OMG! Wish I had "found" the time sooner! Soooo Yummy!

I used an Italian Blend shredded cheese and "green can" parmesan, and (of course) used a bit more of the shredded than what the recipe called for.;) Used a little cooking spray between each batch and cooked for 6 minutes each batch. When removing each batch, I placed on a cooling rack rather than a plate, because I wanted them to cool and "dry"/crisp at the same time (whereas on a plate, they continued to steam and stay "wet".

Sliced into waffle sticks, dipped in ranch dressing and :up::up::up:

For ANYONE that has a waffle maker - gotta try this one!

cleochatra 04-14-2014 04:15 PM

Hey! I'm so glad you gave those a shot! I totally forgot about that recipe (ranch dressing? Yes, thanks). FWIW, I sold the site a year ago, but it sounds like the recipes are still up.

glidergirl 04-14-2014 04:19 PM

Wait! What? Cheese cooked in a waffle iron?

rosethorns 04-14-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 16875935)
Hey! I'm so glad you gave those a shot! I totally forgot about that recipe (ranch dressing? Yes, thanks). FWIW, I sold the site a year ago, but it sounds like the recipes are still up.

Jamie I'm having a really hard time getting on your old site. What am I doing wrong? Since you have sold it I have not been able to pull the site up. Thanks

MiRedkitty 04-14-2014 07:12 PM

THAT's what I thought! Cheese? Waffle Maker? HUH? No way!

Oh, yes way! Very much so WAY!

I have to say that there are ALOT of recipes that I find that are "re-makes" of oldies but goodies - past life recipes that just don't quite cut it. I'm not necessarily a "world traveler" when it comes to cooking, but I've gone around the block a couple times :) This one is pretty unique...at least like nothing I have ever made. It didn't strike me as a remake of a potato recipe (what I would first think of)...maybe because of the waffle maker thing.

I took these to my office today and had a (very much) anti-low carber give 'em a taste...she immediately looked up the recipe...that's saying something!

glidergirl 04-14-2014 07:28 PM

Where is it? Or can you post it?
What is the old site?

cleochatra 04-15-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16876068)
Jamie I'm having a really hard time getting on your old site. What am I doing wrong? Since you have sold it I have not been able to pull the site up. Thanks

I am not even sure, rosethorns. I would ask the new owner? I haven't spoken to her in a long time. Sorry I can't be of more help. I haven't had any ties to the site in a year. :o

glidergirl 04-15-2014 12:52 PM

:aprayer: Can someone post the recipe? Please?

Soobee 04-15-2014 02:31 PM

Savory Cheese Chive Waffles Cleo
1 cup processed, raw cauliflower (should resemble coarse crumbs)
1 cup processed mozzarella shredded cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese/shredded
2 eggs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp chives
Fresh parsley, optional
Sun-dried tomatoes, optional
Heat waffle maker. Add scant 1/4 cups filled with batter on the griddle. Set the timer for 4-6 minutes, peeking after minute four. If the waffle maker sticks, cook slightly longer. Remove once cooked. Cool on a plate. Refrigerate remaining.

glidergirl 04-15-2014 04:25 PM

Yay! Thank you!
:jumpjoy:

MiRedkitty 05-12-2014 05:32 PM

Oh HEAVEN! I made these again, but added bacon bits! YUM! I ran the bacon bits (bagged, not fresh) through the food processor to chop up fine and mixed in to waffle "batter". They turned out fantabulous!

millergirl1976 05-13-2014 03:28 PM

Those look delicious!

GFMommy 05-16-2014 04:35 PM

those sound good!

buttoni 05-24-2014 05:50 PM

Those DO sound wonderful. Must try them!