Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   What is your favorite very low carb treat? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/827878-what-your-favorite-very-low-carb-treat.html)

EricaHV 04-07-2014 12:47 PM

What is your favorite very low carb treat?

My birthday is on friday and I want to make a yummy treat!

I am in ketosis, so it needs to be VERY low carb and I love fruit (berries, etc) but my body reacts poorly to it .

What is your favorite recipe?

Thanks!
Erica

Charski 04-07-2014 02:50 PM

The Chicken Lady's carrot cake is AWESOME - might be carbier than you want though.

I'd say a cheesecake is about the lowest carb dessert you can make, per serving.

Or a whipped cream mousse - lemon or chocolate or strawberry.

Croton130 04-07-2014 02:51 PM

Hey Erica -

Are you looking for a sweet or savory treat? There are lots of both. Give me a hint!

Roger

rosethorns 04-07-2014 04:05 PM

Give us an idea what you would like to have?

This wonderful! Cheesecake . She has many cakes , cheesecake, etc. Take a look at her website.
CHEESECAKE FACTORY CHEESECAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

There are hundreds of cheesecake recipes here on LCF.

EricaHV 04-07-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16867170)
The Chicken Lady's carrot cake is AWESOME - might be carbier than you want though.

I'd say a cheesecake is about the lowest carb dessert you can make, per serving.

Or a whipped cream mousse - lemon or chocolate or strawberry.

Those sound yummy :)

EricaHV 04-07-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croton130 (Post 16867171)
Hey Erica -

Are you looking for a sweet or savory treat? There are lots of both. Give me a hint!

Roger

hoping for something sweet to eat instead of my favorite treat- white birthday cake with buttercream frosting!

EricaHV 04-07-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16867266)
Give us an idea what you would like to have?

This wonderful! Cheesecake . She has many cakes , cheesecake, etc. Take a look at her website.
CHEESECAKE FACTORY CHEESECAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

There are hundreds of cheesecake recipes here on LCF.

Thank you! that sounds good!

EricaHV 04-07-2014 08:27 PM

I was thinking about making a sort of shortbread cookie with almond and coconut flower and maybe topping it with buttercream frosting (using stevia instead of sugar) but i don't even know if that is possible.

rosethorns 04-07-2014 09:05 PM

Now that we have an idea how about this one. That buttercream frosting is awesome.I don't suggest the cake because you are in keto.If you want another cake let us know. Chicken ladies fudge cake is great.Kevin has a white cake recipe.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-frosting.html

watcher513 04-08-2014 12:56 AM

There's also Ginaaaaaa's Homemade Yellow Cake mix from the Fantastic Flour Mix Big Batch sticky thread near the top of the section. It's 37 in that thread. The nutritional info that Buttoni figured out is in post #13 (as the recipe for the cake mix was originally done).

I just made a half recipe of it last night and it made 6 cupcakes. They average out to 2.13 net carbs each, with no frosting. Hubby is a non-insulin taking Type 2 Diabetic and he was amazed at how good they turned out.

We also Love The Chicken Lady's carrot cake.

rosethorns 04-08-2014 06:53 AM

OOOO yes Terry is right . Gina's yellow cake from Ouizoids Fantastic flour mix. You may not have everything to make it.That cake taste like real cake. Awesome check it out. If you were closer I would give you mine.Oat fiber does fantastic things to a recipe.

EricaHV 04-08-2014 07:45 AM

Awesome! Thank you all!

millergirl1976 04-08-2014 11:47 AM

This thread reminded me of some very yummy dark chocolate pots de creme that I found hre. I havent made those for years! Let me see if I can find the thread and bump it.

EricaHV 04-08-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millergirl1976 (Post 16868360)
This thread reminded me of some very yummy dark chocolate pots de creme that I found hre. I havent made those for years! Let me see if I can find the thread and bump it.

ooooh... delicious!

EricaHV 04-08-2014 01:39 PM

I have coconut flour, can I make shortbread cookies with that?

watcher513 04-09-2014 12:52 AM

Another great dessert is Dana Carpender's Peanut Butter Silk Pie. You do need a Kitchenaid stand mixer or that same type machine that's powerful tough. The first time I made it I almost burned out my electric hand mixer.

Soobee 04-09-2014 03:59 AM

Almost all the shortbread recipes I have collected are made of almond flour or a combination of almond and coconut. I did find one recipe for pistachio shortbread cookies with just coconut flour.
Pistachio Shortbread Cookies Lizeckel
1 3/4 cups coconut flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, room temp
2/3 cup sweetener
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup pistachios, ground up in food processor
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla extract. Add pistachios, followed by flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Continue to beat until completely mixed together. if dough seems really dry, you may add a little extra butter or even an extra egg to moisten. Just don’t overdo it. Stick it into refrigerator for at least an hour to stiffen. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper. i like to keep them a little thick so they are sturdy. Cut into shamrocks, or whatever shape you want. Don’t forget to use scraps to re-roll into more shamrocks or whatever. Transfer very carefully to prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. these burn fast. as soon as they are golden, they are done. Move to wire racks to cool.

Croton130 04-09-2014 04:35 AM

How about some layered, frosted meringues?

BTW - Happy Birthday

EricaHV 04-09-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16869077)
Almost all the shortbread recipes I have collected are made of almond flour or a combination of almond and coconut. I did find one recipe for pistachio shortbread cookies with just coconut flour.
Pistachio Shortbread Cookies Lizeckel
1 3/4 cups coconut flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, room temp
2/3 cup sweetener
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup pistachios, ground up in food processor
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla extract. Add pistachios, followed by flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Continue to beat until completely mixed together. if dough seems really dry, you may add a little extra butter or even an extra egg to moisten. Just donít overdo it. Stick it into refrigerator for at least an hour to stiffen. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper. i like to keep them a little thick so they are sturdy. Cut into shamrocks, or whatever shape you want. Donít forget to use scraps to re-roll into more shamrocks or whatever. Transfer very carefully to prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. these burn fast. as soon as they are golden, they are done. Move to wire racks to cool.

Thank you! Yum!

EricaHV 04-09-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croton130 (Post 16869110)
How about some layered, frosted meringues?

BTW - Happy Birthday

That sounds good :) and , Thank you!

Chickamomminy 04-12-2014 07:48 AM

I'm a fan of Ginaaaaaa's Homemade Yellow Cake! I made half a recipe for my birthday and used it as a base for a strawberry shortcake. I loaded it with whipped cream, but went light on the berries, and it was awesome!

grneyedldy 04-12-2014 12:31 PM

Happy (belated) Birthday Erica :jumpjoy:

What did you end up making?

cleochatra 04-16-2014 10:31 PM

Happy Belated Birthday! I made a three layer meat cake once. I wouldn't do it again...