Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
Need help with this recipe

Holley’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls ( from peace love and low carb)

My question is: What size jello pudding to use, I read the comments and it looks like both were used( different people). Trying to decide which to use. I bought a small and a large so I'm set there.I did post a comment to ask her. ( though it doesn't show yet)

Ingredients

4 oz. Cream Cheese

8 oz. Milk Chocolate Delight Atkins Shake

1 box Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding

4 Tbs. Peanut Butter
(2 Tbs Peace and Love)

Directions

Mix cream cheese and Atkins shake in a large mixing bowl with a mixer on low speed until cream cheese is well blended and there are no chunks left. Add the packet of sugar free pudding and the peanut butter. Mix until well blended. It will become very thick. Line a plate with wax paper. Roll the mixture into little balls and put them on the wax paper. Place them in the freezer to set. Store in the freezer in a container with a lid and enjoy!!

If made into a batch of 50 – Less that 1 gram of carbs per ball

I used regular chunky peanut butter in this recipe. You could lower the carb count even further by using a low carb/low sugar peanut butter. You can also use heavy whipping cream instead of the Atkins shake. I used the Atkins shake because I had some in the fridge and it made it extra chocolatey.

Teresa
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
If it was ME - I'd "assume" a regular small sized package, that makes 4 servings normally.

I wish people would define their recipes better - "a can" of tomatoes, "a pkg." of Jello, etc.!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakelilydad
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
If it was ME - I'd "assume" a regular small sized package, that makes 4 servings normally.

I wish people would define their recipes better - "a can" of tomatoes, "a pkg." of Jello, etc.!
I agree. In this case, I would assume the regular sized, and think that if you used the larger size it would just make it chocolatey-er (is that a word?). Might it also work with SF instant hot chocolate mix?
Jakelilydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Well smaller size did not work. It came out like a moose. Not sure how it taste yet its still in the freezer. When I hit wally world tomoorw I will get some more pudding and try again. I did try and add a little more from the big pack I bought but was worried I may add to much so stopped. This is why I don't like to try new recipes lol!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
Well smaller size did not work. It came out like a moose. Not sure how it taste yet its still in the freezer. When I hit wally world tomoorw I will get some more pudding and try again. I did try and add a little more from the big pack I bought but was worried I may add to much so stopped. This is why I don't like to try new recipes lol!
UPDATE: Earlier when I tried this I didn't feel like cleaning up the wisk from the food processor so I left it on the counter. When I went to clean it I noticed the texture had changed, it became pliable. I could now roll it into a ball. So I made the recipe again this time letting it sit for about 30-40 mins on the counter and it worked great using just the small box pudding. So if anyone wants to try it thats what you need to do so it rolls out right.