Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   shout out for Lily's Chocolate Chips (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/826842-shout-out-lilys-chocolate-chips.html)

ouizoid 03-31-2014 02:46 PM

shout out for Lily's Chocolate Chips

Netrition now carries Lily's chocolate chips, sweetened with erythritol and stevia. I've long been a fan of the chocolate bars, but am in heaven over the chips. Finally, a great chocolate chip with no gastric distress from maltitol. Highly recommended.

grneyedldy 03-31-2014 03:47 PM

Speaking of Lilly's Chocolates, I bought the chocolate bars BOGO at Harris Teeter today. 2 for $4.49.

ladeeda 03-31-2014 04:02 PM

Got the chocolate chips and used them in Cherry Chocolate mini cupcakes. They are the tiny size chocolate chips so they go a long way. They taste like regular chips and nooo laxative effect.

Chocolate Rose 03-31-2014 06:27 PM

Yikes! $6.99 for 12 oz, I'm going to have to wait for a sale to try them.

ouizoid 03-31-2014 06:54 PM

I totally understand. They are pricey. However, A little goes a long way. The chips are tiny and you get a lot. All the lilys products are expensive but IMHO worth it.

Chocolate Rose 03-31-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 16858111)
I totally understand. They are pricey. However, A little goes a long way. The chips are tiny and you get a lot. All the lilys products are expensive but IMHO worth it.

Thanks. I may reconsider. I ordered a few of the bars late last summer to give them a try, but it was obvious they had melted in transit and rehardened. The texture was very grainy. I'm assuming this was just because they had melted.

JHoberer 04-01-2014 10:09 PM

The chips and bars are quite good!

MsWoods 04-04-2014 09:56 AM

OMG I ordered these and I love them. I already ate my whole bag. I would put them in everything and just snack on them. I had no issues with my stomach, I CANNOT do malitol, nor did I have issues with weight loss. I would probably pay $20 a bag if I had to. They are worth it.

TBipp 04-04-2014 11:24 AM

The LC Foods Dark Chocolate Buttons are also great and malitol free. I ordered them from Netrition. Before finding these, I chopped up the ChocoRite bars also malitol free. These are decadent.

MsWoods 04-04-2014 11:30 AM

I just chose the Lily's to try them, instead of the buttons from LC foods (I love their products as well). I have also chopped up Chocoperfection bars in a pinch, because I can get them locally.

Jennifer Eloff 04-04-2014 01:07 PM

Interesting! All these products mentioned sound great! Thank you.

Mistizoom 04-09-2014 10:19 AM

I love the Lily's chips. My favorite flavor of the bars is Salted Almond & Milk, but they are all good (haven't tried the Crispy Rice though).

MargD 04-10-2014 07:14 AM

Lily's chocolate chips and candy bars are on sale at Whole Foods. I went a little crazy and bought 4 bags of chocolate chips and one each of the bars.

Soobee 04-11-2014 09:08 AM

MargD, thanks so much for the heads up on the sale at Whole Foods. I cleaned them out myself. In fact, I bought so many chocolate bars, people were stopping me to ask about them. I saw how their eyes fell from my face to my figure, to try to determine how such a chocolate pig could be normal weight!

MargD 04-11-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16872251)
MargD, thanks so much for the heads up on the sale at Whole Foods. I cleaned them out myself. In fact, I bought so many chocolate bars, people were stopping me to ask about them. I saw how their eyes fell from my face to my figure, to try to determine how such a chocolate pig could be normal weight!

You're very welcome. I've had 1/2 of one of the crispy bars, so far. It's so good, I'm tempted to go back for more. I was looking online to see when the sale ends, and I didn't even find anything to indicate they were on sale.

glidergirl 04-11-2014 09:48 AM

I wish we had a Whole Foods! But I'll check them out online.
Does eating these bring on more sweet cravings?

Mistizoom 04-11-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidergirl (Post 16872305)
I wish we had a Whole Foods! But I'll check them out online.
Does eating these bring on more sweet cravings?

I don't have physical cravings when eating them, per se. But they are very good and when I have them around I do want eat them frequently. I decided not to buy any bars for a while as I went through a good number of them in way too short a period of time.

Soobee 04-11-2014 12:34 PM

No cravings here also. But they are delicious. And there's a nice variety, which is also conducive to overeating. I just factor in my day's food choices how much I want to eat. I am always eating chocolates, but these are my current favorite.

MargD 04-11-2014 12:43 PM

I have not noticed any cravings. As far as overeating them, this weekend will probably be the test. I haven't been home very much since Wednesday evening when I bought them.

GME 04-12-2014 08:25 AM

My Whole Foods has Lily's Easter candy. I didn't think to look for the chips.

MsWoods 04-17-2014 08:34 AM

I'm so excited! My local health food store got these in. They are $5.15 a bag, but having them at my disposal is worth the price. They also have the bars now, but I didn't get one because I got the new Orange Chocoperfection bar:yummy: