Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #61
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
The ribs I did yesterday turned out great - 1 hour smoke in the Little Chief, then I put the beef ribs in a big pan with chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, garlic, and seasonings, then poured about half a bottle of nice red wine over it. The pork ribs got the chopped onions and garlic and some homebrewed beer. Covered both with foil and braised at 350* for an hour then bumped it up to 400* for another hour, then uncovered, brushed the pork with homemade BB sauce and left the beef ribs as they were, and let cook for about 30 more minutes. VERY tender and very tasty, just enough of that smokiness to add a great dimension to both dishes.

So no cooking today - except we are gonna do the mash part for our next homebrew; the boil part will be tomorrow. So I'm collecting filtered water and then we'll do that when DH gets home after work! It's a nice London Brown Porter which we've made several times - everyone loves it - it has great backnotes of chocolate and coffee, from the specialty malts it's made with.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
Tonight we had pork carnitas (precooked from Costco) in mini lettuce cups topped with salsa and guacamole and this smoked gouda Tex-Mex pimiento cheese (also Costco). Oh, and Spanish cauli-rice.

Lunch was a brisket topped salad from a local bbq joint.

Dessert was a FABULOUS chocolate mousse in Lily's chocolate chips turned into mini bowls.

Tomorrow night is a Mediterranean seasoned lamb roast (Costco) with a Greek lemon pistachio cauli-rice and the rest of the mousse.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote