Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #31
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
And chiming in on the half & half version as well! There is NOTHING to strain - this stuff is so lusciously thick, you wouldn't get anything from it if you tried to strain it.

I was very surprised when I opened my first jar of it and it literally was so thick that you could turn the jar upside down and the yogurt didn't move.

Try it when you can. It's absolutely delicious stuff. And this from a non-yogurt-lover! Larry has me converted!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ljguitar
Stats: 350++/under 240/wherever 30 net carbs a day leads
WOE: 30 net carbs a day or less...unclean eating
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
…And chiming in on the half & half version as well! There is NOTHING to strain - this stuff is so lusciously thick, you wouldn't get anything from it if you tried to strain it.
…I was very surprised when I opened my first jar of it and it literally was so thick that you could turn the jar upside down and the yogurt didn't move.
…Larry has me converted!
Hi Char…

I've shared this recipe with a lot of people, and the marvelous texture and taste of full fat milk, full fat cream makes an impact on the senses!

I've got a new gallon batch incubating now…comes out this evening. This batch cost $2.00 a quart.

New Pictures…from today's batch

Cooling in the sink…

Pouring it in jars … … … … … … … … Temperature probe on smaller jar in dehydrator…

…with two of us low carbing at the same time in the house, this yogurt just doesn't stick around! We're headed on a road trip so we'll just take a gallon of it along (along with home smoked cheese, 2 year home aged cheddar, home roasted coffee and 6 pounds of bacon).

Thanks for the kind things you said…

…The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese…

Last edited by ljguitar; 04-14-2014 at 04:16 PM..
ljguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #33
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
My DH is so thrilled with this yogurt, and even he, the King of Large Portions, agrees that 4 oz. is a perfect serving - which is why I like to make it in those little 4 oz. canning jars. Grab 'n go.

He loves his with sliced strawberries or defrosted frozen boysenberries or mixed berries. My current fave is with frozen pomegranate arils - bought a big bag at Costco. I just add a couple tablespoons, still frozen, to the yogurt in a bowl and drizzle on some SF honey, stir, and eat. It's a treat!

IN fact - DH said for his birthday, instead of LC cake or other LC dessert - he wants this yogurt and sliced strawberries! Now THAT is a convert, my friends!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote