Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Linda Sue or Kim? Question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/825305-linda-sue-kim-question.html)

Iwantlessofme 03-12-2014 02:01 PM

Linda Sue or Kim? Question

KIM'S FLAXMEAL CINNAMON MUFFINS
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 85 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

Linda Sue or Kim?,

You had listed this on another thread. Could you tell me what type of Davinci syrup you are referring to? Do you mean pancake syrup or just any kind of Davinci syrup? I see there is vanilla in the recipe, do you think vanilla Davinci would be too much? Sorry for all the questions, I am not much of a baker.

Thank you,

Mindy

Charski 03-12-2014 02:21 PM

I'm not LindaSue nor Kim (and not sure who Kim is or if she is even ON this board) but what is being referred to here is the DaVinci Sugarfree Syrup, not the pancake syrup, just one of the flavored ones, or even the simple syrup (unflavored) version. You could use Torani SF syrups too.

I'd use cinnamon or vanilla or dulce de leche or caramel in this recipe. Other flavors might be just dandy too! :)

Tweaker Geek 03-12-2014 04:22 PM

I usually use vanilla or french vanilla in these, but have made with caramel also. I really like these muffins - they are very tasty!

rosethorns 03-12-2014 06:17 PM

You can flavor them different by leaving out the cinnamon and changing them with any flavor you want. When I made them I used raspberry extract and Toranis raspberry syrup. I loved caramel, chocolate, and peanutbutter Torranis or Da Vincini syrups too. Have fun!!!

She means any flavor that they make.You can ask any question you need to.Also check out the Smart and final stores if there are any where you live. They carry both syrups for $3.99 in the large bottles. Dollar stores also carry different s/f syrups.

You will love how easy these are to make.

Dottie 03-12-2014 06:19 PM

You could use the pancake syrup if you wanted that maple flavor though:) I've used it before for a "french toast" flavor :)

Iwantlessofme 03-12-2014 08:28 PM

Thank you everyone!! Awesome answers and advice.

Mindy

Iwantlessofme 03-12-2014 11:43 PM

I have a duh question. If I change the flavor of Da vinci syrup then do I leave out the cinnamon?

Mindy

Dottie 03-13-2014 05:01 AM

Depends on if you like the flavors combined or not.
If you like cinnamon, leave it in. If you don't think they'd mesh well, leave it out :)

Iwantlessofme 03-13-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16835475)
Depends on if you like the flavors combined or not.
If you like cinnamon, leave it in. If you don't think they'd mesh well, leave it out :)

Ok, let's say I change the flavor. How much extract would I use in addition to da vinci? Would I just sub the 1 t. of vanilla extract for the different flavor, or do I add more because I took out the cinnamon?

For example I have banana extract and vanilla da vinci. How do I modify the recipe to use these?

Sorry for all the questions, but that is why I come on this board. I really have no idea how to bake:stars:. So changing a recipe is a big challenge for me.

Just to let you know I made the original recipe last night. Just looking for ways to change the flavor. All help is truly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mindy

LindaSue 03-14-2014 07:21 AM

If it helps any, when I make a batch of six banana flavored muffins, I use a teaspoon of banana flavoring. I seem to recall that Kim's muffins were a little smaller than standard size so maybe use 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons per batch? If you have Kroger stores near you, their banana flavoring is the most realistic of any that I've tried.

Iwantlessofme 03-14-2014 09:58 PM

Thank you LindaSue, I will be trying the banana. I love banana muffins. Do you then use banana Da Vinci as well, in the same recipe? Or would I use a different flavor like vanilla?

I feel silly asking all these questions, but I am learning. :)

Mindy

LindaSue 03-15-2014 07:03 AM

I don't think that I've tried the banana Da Vinci. I also don't think that I'd use that AND extract in the same batch. You might end up with muffins that taste like bubblegum, LOL.

Iwantlessofme 03-15-2014 02:46 PM

Oh, I don't think I would care for bubblegum flavored muffins, lol. Thank you LindaSue.

Mindy

Kim in MN 03-26-2014 06:37 PM

I'm "the" Kim. :hiya: I've used vanilla sugar-free syrup as well as brown sugar cinnamon. I prefer the brown sugar cinnamon.

Gabby1 03-26-2014 07:10 PM

These sound great- gonna try this weekend.

Iwantlessofme 04-03-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim in MN (Post 16852053)
I'm "the" Kim. :hiya: I've used vanilla sugar-free syrup as well as brown sugar cinnamon. I prefer the brown sugar cinnamon.

Well thank you Kim and nice to meet ya! These have become a staple in our household. I don't usually care for flax and I love these muffins.

Mindy

Charski 04-03-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim in MN (Post 16852053)

I didn't know you were THE Kim on this recipe! :hugs: Nice to know!