Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Shredded Cheddar Crackers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/821152-shredded-cheddar-crackers.html)

CarolynF 01-18-2014 05:51 PM

Shredded Cheddar Crackers

I made these in the oven and they turned out perfectly. I never had much
luck in the microwave..

Shredded cheese in a bag (any kind)
Parchment paper on a cookie sheet

Line your cookie sheet with parchment. Drop a Tbs. or so of shredded cheese in a pile and push it down a bit to make a circle..

Repeat, but don't squish them together..I got about 8 from my jelly roll pan.

Heat oven to 350. Bake between 12-18 minutes until they start to brown a tad bit..Cool and remove to a cookie rack to crisp up.

LindaSue 01-19-2014 08:42 AM

That's odd, Carolyn, because I've never had them turn out well in the oven. They come out great for me in the microwave. I'll copy down your instructions and give them a try sometime. It would be nice to make a whole batch of them in one go instead of one at a time.

CarolynF 01-19-2014 03:31 PM

Really, LindaSue? Honestly, they are so crunchy and delicious..

Start watching at 12 minutes. Now I did mine in my jellyroll pan that is "insulated" so they didn't burn. Let me know what happens..

LindaSue 01-20-2014 07:22 AM

I have an insulated baking sheet but it doesn't have sides on it. I think I'd end up with a huge mess in my oven if I used that. I could put my silicone liner on my sheet pan and put the parchment on top of that and it might be sort of like an insulated pan that way.

CarolynF 01-20-2014 11:26 AM

No, LindaSue, you wouldn't..Just do 8..They really don't spread that much as long as you don't use a lot of cheese.

SassySauce 01-20-2014 06:33 PM

I experimented and made cheese crackers the other day with 1c shredded cheese and 1scoop unflavored protein powder, blended through a food processor. I let them sit for a few minutes to gum up, then rolled the dough out between parchment paper to about 1/8"ish. Baked at ?, (Oops, I forgot what the temperature I used) The cheese sheet turned out nice and crisp. I broke it up into small 'crackers'. They were very bland but could easily be jazzed up with nacho, taco seasoning, etc.

I wanted to try and duplicate the yummysnack cheese chips sold by netrition, which are good but expensive.

Gabby1 01-20-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16763065)
I made these in the oven and they turned out perfectly. I never had much
luck in the microwave..

Shredded cheese in a bag (any kind)
Parchment paper on a cookie sheet

Line your cookie sheet with parchment. Drop a Tbs. or so of shredded cheese in a pile and push it down a bit to make a circle..

Repeat, but don't squish them together..I got about 8 from my jelly roll pan.

Heat oven to 350. Bake between 12-18 minutes until they start to brown a tad bit..Cool and remove to a cookie rack to crisp up.

I love these- and I always make them exactly this way! I usually use extra sharp cheddar and add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. I line my cookie sheet w a silpat or parchment. I can fit 12 crisps on a large cookie sheet (which is about 1/2 a cup of the shredded cheese).

Gabby

CarolynF 01-21-2014 05:48 AM

Ladies, I do think that the "tasty cheese" makes a nice crisp. I used the thinly shredded Mexican combo and it was quite good..