Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinamanni
Stats: 250/192/150
WOE: 80% fat
Keto Fudge (Maria Emmerich)

I was planning on making Keto Fudge tomorrow from Maria's recipe thinking I had everything but I don't have coconut milk. The recipe below calls for .25 cup of coconut milk, do you think I could replace it with heavy cream?

Ingredients
1 cup coconut oil, soft yet still solid
¼ cup full fat coconut milk
¼ cup organic cocoa powder
¼ c. Swerve confectioners (or a drop of stevia glycerite)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
½ tsp Celtic sea salt

Instructions
Place the coconut oil and coconut milk a medium sized bowl and mix with a hand mixer on high for 6 minutes or until well combined and glossy. TIP: I used my stand mixer.
Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl and stir on low speed until the cocoa is combined (so it doesn’t poof all over your kitchen). Increase speed and mix until everything is well combined. Taste the fudge and adjust to desired sweetness.
Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper along the inside of a loaf pan.
Place the loaf pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, until just set.
Use the edges of the parchment to pull the fudge out of the pan.
Place on a cutting board and remove the parchment paper.
Use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into squares.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer; it will liquefy if you leave it in a warm area
tinamanni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
I think it would work fine. I have used heavy cream in place of coconut milk before with good results.
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
I also think it would work fine.
Please let us know what you think about her recipe!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
I tried a half recipe with coconut butter and a splash of hwc..and used a couple T of powdered erythritol. Will check it out tomorrow. Not real sweet on the edge of the spoon, but that's okay!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I posted a fudge recipe a few weeks ago that I think is even better than this one. It calls for cream cheese instead of coconut milk.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I'm trying to cut out most dairy except 1oz of cheese and 1-2 tbs of cream a day which is why I'm going for this guy. I'm purely using these as a way to get my fat intake up because I seem to have a hard time with that (too much protein, not enough fat)

I just made them and the liquid tasted almost too sweet to me so I will post again when they are done. This is my first time using swerve so I may play with that

I had to completely melt the coconut oil because I couldn't get it combined well with it just being soft but I think it might be because the cream was cold and made small harder pieces of coconut oil.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Holy smokes batman I am in love - these are really quite amazing. I love the texture and they are chocolately deliciousness.

Next time I will lose the almond ect - I'm not a fan in general but thought I would try her way first.

I will also include a small amount of instant coffee cause that always makes things more chocolately.

I try to not have many sweets because they trigger me (I could eat the entire recipe right now) but will def include these on days I need more fat.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamanni View Post
Holy smokes batman I am in love - these are really quite amazing. I love the texture and they are chocolately deliciousness.

Next time I will lose the almond ect - I'm not a fan in general but thought I would try her way first.

I will also include a small amount of instant coffee cause that always makes things more chocolately.

I try to not have many sweets because they trigger me (I could eat the entire recipe right now) but will def include these on days I need more fat.
Thanks for the review! I haven't made keto fudge in a while. I loved the recipe I used, but it called for equal amounts of coconut oil and cream. Like you, I'm trying to cut back on my dairy. The recipe also instructed to melt the coconut oil, probably for the reason you had to. I can hardly wait til her Keto Cookbook is available!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
Thanks for the review! I haven't made keto fudge in a while. I loved the recipe I used, but it called for equal amounts of coconut oil and cream. Like you, I'm trying to cut back on my dairy. The recipe also instructed to melt the coconut oil, probably for the reason you had to. I can hardly wait til her Keto Cookbook is available!
I know! I can't weight either! Though her previous cookbooks were mostly recipes she had previously posted, I like having them in one place.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I literally couldn't eat my square this am. I gagged it up the whole time and ended up throwing up the last .25 of it. Dunno what that's about
Old 01-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamanni View Post
I literally couldn't eat my square this am. I gagged it up the whole time and ended up throwing up the last .25 of it. Dunno what that's about
Yikes! I wonder what's wrong?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

No idea because I've been fine all of the other times. The almond flavor was getting me today though I think. I am making a new batch Sunday, ill post the recipe I come up w. Hopefully this doesn't last because its been very helpful for me.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I use a lot of coconut milk because I'm allergic to dairy. This one sounds doable.

The Spunky Coconut has alot of info on using coconut milk for ice cream and a lot of other foods . If interested.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote