Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Ginaaaaa - I have a ? for you

Do you think your gingersnaps recipe could be made as a roll out dough for gingerbread men? I'm thinking of trying this tomorrow or Tuesday so if you've got some ideas or have tried it yourself I'd like your input. Thanks.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I have some gingerbread recipes, if you'd like to see them as a starting point.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That would be great, Soobee, thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Classic Gingerbread Men Carolyn
4 cups almond flour
1 cup Swerve Sweetener
1/4 cup Coconut flour
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
Royal Icing
1/2 lb powdered Swerve Sweetener
1 ½ tbsp meringue powder
1 ½ tsp arrowroot starch
1/4 cup lukewarm water (more if needed to thin out)
For the cookies, preheat oven to 275F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and cloves. Stir in eggs, coconut oil, molasses and vanilla extract until dough comes together. Divide dough in half and turn out first half onto a large piece of parchment paper. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out about 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and gently loosen and lift with an offset spatula. Place onto prepared baking sheets. Gather up scraps and reroll until too little is left to roll out. Repeat with second half of dough. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. For the royal icing, in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sweetener, meringue powder and arrowroot starch. Add water and stir until smooth. Add more water 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Pipe icing onto cooled cookies and let set 30 minutes or longer. For crisper cookies, bake at 225F for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. They will crisp up as they cool
Gingerbread Cookies-Maria
1/2 cup whey protein
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
2 TBS Truvia
1-2 TBS water
1/4 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
In a large bowl cream the butter and sweetener together until very smooth. Sift the baking soda, spices, salt and whey into the almond flour, then slowly add the almond flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Slowly add water just until the dough is soft, yet able to roll out. Form into a tight ball and cool in the fridge to chill. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place the dough onto a non-stick surface, then top it with another piece of non-stick surface (again, I used parchment paper) roll the dough out into about 1/4 inch high. Cut the dough with cookie cutters, and place onto a baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes, or until light brown. Then turn off the oven and leave the cookies in for an additional 10 minutes, this will create a crispier cookie.
Iced Gingerbread Cookies Stacey Beauty and the Foodie
½ cup coconut flour, sifted
¼ cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup erythritol
¾ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp ground cloves
⅛ tsp cardamom optional
⅛ tsp sea salt
2 eggs, beaten
⅓ cup butter, melted, or coconut oil, melted
2½ tbsp organic molasses
Optional Icing
1 ½ tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
⅛ tsp lemon juice
⅛ tsp vanilla extract
8 drops liquid stevia
Dash ground cinnamon *optional
Preheat oven to 350 F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease baking sheets. In a large mixing bowl combine: ½ cup coconut flour, ¼ cup almond flour, ½ cup sweetener of choice, 1tsp baking soda, ¾ tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp cinnamon, ⅛ tsp ground cloves, ⅛ tsp optional cardamom, and ⅛ tsp sea salt. Mix together thoroughly. Add to flour mixture in bowl: 2 eggs, ⅓ cup melted butter or coconut oil, and 2 tbsp molasses. Combine thoroughly. The easy way: Form cookie dough into 24 balls, and place on baking sheets. Use a fork to press each ball down a little flatter. The more elaborate way: If you are feeling spunky or have a special occasion, you could put dough between two pieces parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out dough and use cookie cutters. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are browned. Let cookies cool completely before moving or handling, as they are very fragile until they are cooled off. In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, warm all icing ingredients until melted. If too thick add more milk of choice. It should be a thick glaze but not a paste (like a glaze texture). Once cookies are cooled, spread a little icing on each cookie. Let icing cool on cookie until icing dries. Could place cookies in fridge to speed up the drying process. Icing will go from liquid to somewhat solid.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soobee - thank you for posting these recipes! If you see my post in Gina's gingersnap thread, you'll see that I did use her recipe and it worked well, but I overcooked 2/3's of them!

I may try Carolyn' s recipe that you posted here, if I do, I'll let you know.

I especially like the royal icing recipe that you posted, I would like to give that a try.