Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs. Binkums
need awesome batter..help

hi everyone...i am in need of a great batter or dredge for frying onions, calamari and colossal shrimp...please any suggestions..oh btw a great little to no breadcrumb crabcake recipe, like the one from costal flats....that resturant has the best crab cakes....
Mrs. Binkums is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
I eat low carb to control my diabetes but I also have meds that help me out so I have to be careful but I don't have to be as strict as someone who is trying to lose weight. So the batter that I use is self-rising flour mixed with enough water to get the consistency that I need. It works great!!

So if you have Carbquick I would sift the shortening out of it and mix it with some water and give that a try. You don't want the fat in it because when frying I've found that fat attracts fat. So added fat in your batter can make your fried food more greasy.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Oh my, first and foremost I want to say I am truly a fan Chicken Lady..you recipes are AWESOME!!! I hope this message finds you in good health and good spirits ...I will definitely give the CQ a try..I'm planning a "seafood fest" for Christmas dinner for my husband and myself and I am going to make your carrot cake..I've been dying to make your carrot cake'''kinda busy I'm a student (a returning student) and preparing for graduate school applications and for my final semester ..Spring 2014..when I'm set to graduate...you and everyone on this site has helped me and my husband get our health on track..he's diabetic and I has Lupus..so eating well is priority...but I digress..thank you thank you you are a super star in my home along with Buttoni, Jeen Eloff, the late and missed KevinPA....just wanted to take opportunity to extend some love...thank you
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
You are so kind you make me blush, lol. Good luck with your graduate school, I know you'll do great.

My two youngest girls (twins) just finished school last year. They both got two degrees. One in Psychology and the other in Nutrition. They both went to work for companies running a wellness program for employees.

Companies are learning that it cuts their medical insurance costs and cuts lost man hours if they can keep their employees healthy to start with rather than trying to fix stuff after it broke.

I'm really glad that you've enjoyed my recipes.

Best of luck with your dinner let us know how it worked out.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Binkums View Post
......thank you thank you you are a super star in my home along with Buttoni, Jeen Eloff, the late and missed KevinPA....just wanted to take opportunity to extend some love...thank you
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Yes..must extend the love..classes just ended today, that's why this post took so long....with my Christmas dinner I will definitly post my results and again thank you and everyone on this blog for being so innovative and helping people..truly God's work...Happy Holidays to all!! btw have to do a little "clean-up" work with my eating habits..did some binge-stress eating while late-nite studying for those finals