Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rob71
Looking for non refrigerated meals

Are there any no/low carb meals that do not require refrigeration?

I bring a small lunchbox cooler to work and my lunch stays cool (not cold). But if I am working late I want a second meal for later in the day. The cooler will not keep the food cold that long. So I am looking for meal ideas that would work for what I need. Meat, eggs are out as they will not be kept cold.

Also looking for non refrigerated snacks - Tried pork rinds and they are OK - maybe a better brand would be better - I got cheapo ones.

Thanks
1/15/14 - Trying to get back on LC - Weigh 225
rob71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Hey Rob, my hubby is doing Atkins and likes his snacks. I buy big bags of pork rinds, string cheese, beef jerky, foil packs of tuna, individual packs of almonds, Jack Links sausage sticks with cheese buy these sometimes at a conv store and pick up some packs of real mayo to add to his lunch. I also make those ooppsie rolls in a mini woopie pie pan, they can stay out on the counter for a few days, the bigger ones are good for a quick tuna meal, just open the tuna pack and a pack of mayo stir and put on a couple of oopsies. We also have the little sugar free jello cups, non refridge kind with a laughing cow cream cheese wedge.
Good luck, hope these help.
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/216/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
String cheese should be fine to stay out all day. I've taken string cheese with me many times and just stuck it in my purse. To add to Ashley's great list, I would add sardines in the little tinfoil cans. I think that hard boiled eggs would be ok until the early afternoon.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Flax crackers . . . I usually make my own, but Flackers are almost as good as mine.
I can nibble on one or two plain. They also add some crunch to some of the things mentioned by previous posters. If you can spare the carbs they are also a good carrier for nut or seed butters,which can hold up well without refrigeration.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiRedkitty
Stats: 247/159/150, or so
WOE: Atkins with a twist
Start Date: August 21, 2003
What about making muffins (tuna/chicken/burger/pepperoni/ham)mix with cheese, as little egg as will hold things together and any fixings you want...bake at 350 until firm. Remove from pan when cooled a bit and wrap individually in wax paper and then foil. freeze and throw in your cooler when wanted. they should be thawed, but cool at the end of the day! They act as a little ice pack for the rest of your stuff! I travel quite often for work...on the road can be tough, but this works great! If you can get Joseph's Lavash, peanut butter and sugar free jelly/ cream cheese with cinnamon/ a couple cheese sticks rolled in half a sheet works great. Frozen cream cheese muffins are wonderful too!
MiRedkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NAT&RD
Stats: (5'4") 138/116/116
WOE: MODERATE CARBS
Start Date: 2008
Ive taken food into back country for 3-4 days no fridge.
Hard cheeses. (Parmisain, aged chedder etc) small comercial pakage holds up best. Like Kerry Gold. Celery stalks last, Red and geen peppers I take whole, slice and eat one as needed. Small pkg salami, sometimes local stores carry 2oz pkg of unrefriged lunch meat. Potted meat. Vienna sausages.
Maybe try an adkins type of shake not as good at room temp, but drinkable.
NAT&RD is offline   Reply With Quote