Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Does anyone have a good hamburger "rice" casserole recipe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/817419-does-anyone-have-good-hamburger-rice-casserole-recipe.html)

Dreamchaser 11-21-2013 01:12 PM

Does anyone have a good hamburger "rice" casserole recipe?

Now that I can finally make good cauliflower rice, I'm craving a yummy casserole type of recipe with hamburger and "rice". Any suggestions?

Soobee 11-21-2013 03:02 PM

I found three.
Spanish Rice and Hamburger Linda
1 pound ground beef
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons onion, chopped, 1 3/4 ounces
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped, 1 1/4 ounces
1 pound fresh cauliflower, grated
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger, bacon, onion and green pepper; drain the fat. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mix well; cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the "rice". Cover the skillet and turn the stove to the lowest heat. Cook about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Spanish Mexican Rice Peace, Love, and Low Carb
3 Cups Cauliflower, Riced
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 Can Stewed Tomatoes with Mexican Seasoning
1/2 Cup Onion - Diced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
2 Tbs. Cumin
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
Heat your pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add riced cauliflower, cumin, chili powder and garlic salt. Let cook 5-8 minutes. Stir every minute or so. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Use a rubber spatula to break up the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer 30-40 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced.
Hamburger Spanish Rice Barbo 2 tbs. good olive oil
2 lbs. good ground beef
1 large onion, large chop
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 large garden tomatoes, peeled and chopped or (1 can tomatoes)
1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped (I don't like the seeds)
1 small can good tomato sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 bags of Miracle Rice, rinsed well and final rinse of lemon juice
Garnish:
Shredded Mozzarella cheese for the top
Cholula hot sauce. OPTIONAL
Crumble and brown the ground beef in one tbs. of olive oil Add the garlic and cook just until the blood leaves the meat. Add the tomatoes, sauce and eggplant, salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the rice, stir and cook open cover. While this is simmering, add 1 tbs. olive oil to another skillet and cook the onions, just until clear so they still have a little crunch. When done, throw them in the skillet and cook a couple more minutes. Place into bowls and put the cheese on the table. When you add it to the bowl, stir and it quickly melts.

metqa 11-21-2013 06:11 PM

Wow, I came hoping to see some recipes.
Only ones I've ever seen have been cream of mushroom soup based, so I'm no help.

That Girl 11-21-2013 07:57 PM

I make cabbage rolls with it. I just replace the rice that is supposed to go in it with the cauliflower rice and I really can't tell the difference.

Dreamchaser 11-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16692090)
I found three.
Spanish Rice and Hamburger Linda
1 pound ground beef
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons onion, chopped, 1 3/4 ounces
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped, 1 1/4 ounces
1 pound fresh cauliflower, grated
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger, bacon, onion and green pepper; drain the fat. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mix well; cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the "rice". Cover the skillet and turn the stove to the lowest heat. Cook about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Spanish Mexican Rice Peace, Love, and Low Carb
3 Cups Cauliflower, Riced
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 Can Stewed Tomatoes with Mexican Seasoning
1/2 Cup Onion - Diced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
2 Tbs. Cumin
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
Heat your pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add riced cauliflower, cumin, chili powder and garlic salt. Let cook 5-8 minutes. Stir every minute or so. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Use a rubber spatula to break up the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer 30-40 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced.
Hamburger Spanish Rice Barbo 2 tbs. good olive oil
2 lbs. good ground beef
1 large onion, large chop
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 large garden tomatoes, peeled and chopped or (1 can tomatoes)
1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped (I don't like the seeds)
1 small can good tomato sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 bags of Miracle Rice, rinsed well and final rinse of lemon juice
Garnish:
Shredded Mozzarella cheese for the top
Cholula hot sauce. OPTIONAL
Crumble and brown the ground beef in one tbs. of olive oil Add the garlic and cook just until the blood leaves the meat. Add the tomatoes, sauce and eggplant, salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the rice, stir and cook open cover. While this is simmering, add 1 tbs. olive oil to another skillet and cook the onions, just until clear so they still have a little crunch. When done, throw them in the skillet and cook a couple more minutes. Place into bowls and put the cheese on the table. When you add it to the bowl, stir and it quickly melts.

Thank you! :)