Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Easy Cheddar Black Pepper Biscuits (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/817388-easy-cheddar-black-pepper-biscuits.html)

KCSoccer 11-21-2013 05:32 AM

Easy Cheddar Black Pepper Biscuits

I tried this recipe from the Gourmet Girl Cooks blog, replacing some of the almond flour with the FF mix (my changes noted in italics).

(I posted this in the Fantastic Flour Mix sticky thread as well. These were really good - I wanted to bring the recipe to everyone's attention.)

Easy Cheddar Black Pepper Biscuits

2 cups blanched almond flour (or 1-1/2 c. almond flour & c. FF mix)
3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
1 egg (or 1/4 cup Egg Beaters) (use 2 eggs when using FF mix), beaten
1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 - 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.

In a food processor, add almond flour, FF mix, salt, black pepper, baking powder; pulse to mix. Add butter and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, pulse until crumbly and all flour is slightly moistened and cheese is pulverized into the mixture. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in cream, eggs, and remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese; mix in lightly. Divide and roll dough into 10 to 12 balls (I used lg. cookie scoop it made 15) and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet; do not flatten dough balls (this will result in a thicker biscuit). Bake at 350F for approximately 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown; be careful not to overcook. Remove from oven; brush tops with melted butter, if desired.

Chocolate Rose 11-21-2013 07:13 AM

Thanks for your review!
I've been tempted to try this recipe, but have been burned by too many bad recipes (not hers, just in general). She seems to rely quite a bit on this recipe on her blog for many things. Looking forward to trying it.

I'll have to stick to the original recipe.

Nigel 11-21-2013 09:43 AM

That sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.

Charski 11-21-2013 10:19 AM

Hmmm, I'll have to try that - two of DH's fave foods, cheese and black pepper! :laugh:

Barbo 11-21-2013 06:41 PM

Chocolate Rose

Was just noting that you have had some less than wonderful experiences
with baking LC. I think that we all have.
KC Soccermom has posted
very reliable recipes. She always cooks them before posting.
When I do make them, I shall report my thoughts.

Chocolate Rose 11-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16692286)
Was just noting that you have had some less than wonderful experiences with baking LC. I think that we all have.
KC Soccermom has posted very reliable recipes. She always cooks them before posting.
When I do make them, I shall report my thoughts.

Thanks, Barbo! I truly appreciate recipes that are posted that are tried and true and not just from a blog (although there are quite a few blogs that I do trust) or elsewhere.
I know KC Soccermom from another "food" board, so trust her comments. :)