Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Pressure Cooker Recipes

My Mom bought me a pressure cooker and I have never used one. I would like to know if there are currently any pressure cooker recipe threads or if anyone has any recipes they would like to share? I am thinking that this could make LCing easier is that the case?

Thank you,
Mindy
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
..Bumping....
I have one on lay-away and debating whether to cancel it or not, it doesn't seem as if many people use them anymore and go for crock pots and slow cookers instead. I hope someone can chime in.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Here's a start for you:

Anyone have any great pressure cooker recipes?

I LOVE mine. I have two 8 quart digital electric PCs, one 6 quart stovetop, and a 22 quart pressure canner. I love them all.

Any recipe that can be made in the crockpot can basically be made in the pressure cooker, as long as there is at least 1/2 cup of liquid.

I highly recommend Lorna Sass's pressure cooker cookbooks, and if you do an internet search for "pressure cooker recipes" you'll find all KINDS of them.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KCSoccer
Stats: maintenance
Start Date: August 2010
This is an old favorite from my pre-LC days. It's easy to adapt to LC (see my notes in italics). I believe it's from an old Cooking Light magazine.

Savory Braised Pork

3 lbs Boston Butt pork roast
2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
Cooking spray
2 1/2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
4 garlic cloves, minced
16 ozs chicken broth (16-ounce) less-sodium chicken broth
2 pounds red potatoes, quartered (replace with lower-carb veggie such as rutabaga or red radishes or omit)
2 cups sliced carrot (1-inch-thick) (I usually include this since I'm in maintenance but you can omit)

Trim excess fat from pork. Combine paprika and next 5 ingredients (paprika through mustard); rub pork with paprika mixture. Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides. Remove from pan; set aside. Add leek and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Return pork to pan; spoon leek mixture over pork. Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 3 minutes). Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 45 minutes. Remove from heat; place pressure cooker under cold running water. Remove lid; stir in potatoes and carrot. Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat. Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 15 minutes. Place cooker under cold running water. Remove lid; remove vegetables and pork from pan. Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices; discard the bone.
KCSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
I use mine a lot! It's an 8qt electric one. You can do so many things with them and they cook food super fast!
I make hard boiled eggs in 6-7 minutes and the shells slide right off.
Spaghetti squash, artichokes, sweet potatoes, ribs, roast, chicken cook in minutes.
Do a search for 'pressure cook hard boiled eggs' and you'll get a site dedicated to recipes just for pressure cookers.
starry sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry sky View Post
I use mine a lot! It's an 8qt electric one. You can do so many things with them and they cook food super fast!
Spaghetti squash, artichokes, sweet potatoes, ribs, roast, chicken cook in minutes.
Do a search for 'pressure cook hard boiled eggs' and you'll get a site dedicated to recipes just for pressure cookers.
How do you keep the eggs from cracking? Do you have a low setting on yours? My electronic pressure cooker cooks by time only.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I saw a video on Internet of a guy making a chicken but it was too pale looking for me. Yes the meat was falling off the bone and it looked so tender but I love my crispy skin chicken
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry sky View Post
Yes, please share how to make the eggs.
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
Hard boiled eggs:

I put a rack in my pressure cooker and then use silicon muffin cups to keep the eggs from touching each other. Just set the time for 6-7 minutes depending on how hard they need to be, and release the steam once done. It works great and I can fit 1 dozen in at a time.
starry sky is offline   Reply With Quote