Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Do you use an ISI cream Whipper? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/817017-do-you-use-isi-cream-whipper.html)

marieze 11-13-2013 10:50 PM

Do you use an ISI cream Whipper?

I just got a quart one with 24 cannisters and I'm ready to rock and roll:sing:

How do you use yours and do you have any recipes you would be willing to share...maybe a nice mousse!!

Marieze

locarbman 11-14-2013 02:48 AM

Hi marieze ;-)

I've been making a Chocolate Pie with this recipe for years now and love it!

Post #53 Page #2 of this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-stevia-2.html

CHOCOLATE PIE:

Filling (my chocolate ice cream recipe):
2c Heavy Whipping Cream (13.2 carbs)
1c Torani Sugar Free Syrup (chocolate flavor, 0 carbs)
1t Vanilla Extract (1 carb)
3c Equivalent sweetener of choice (Liquid Stevia = 0 carbs ;-)
4 sq. Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (foilwrap=2sq., 8 carbs)
3t Lecithin Granules (1.5 carbs)
1/4t Xanthan Gum (0 carbs)

Heat chocolate and cream…the chocolate melts in the warming cream but doesn’t really mix up till I use a hand mixer. Add remaining ingredients with a hand mixer, pour onto crust, cool in refrigerator, will set nicely overnight.

Crust (from SleuthFan’s Pecan Praline Cheesecake):
1 cup almond flour (7.5 carbs)
1 cup chopped pecans (GoldShield Pecan Bits 12 carbs)
4 TBL butter, softened (0 carbs)
4 TBL sweetener of choice (Xylitol = 0 carbs)

Mix all ingredients well (I use a blender to grind the pecans), press mixture into bottom of a Pam sprayed springform pan so it's evenly distributed and firmly packed. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. You want it to be slightly browned and a little crunchy on top.

Topping:
I use an iSi Cream Whipper to top the pie with sweetened whipped cream at serving time.

43.2 total carbs (8 servings at ~5 carbs each)

It's my favorite dessert...the filling is also excellent all by itself... ;-)

Have Fun!

locarbman... ;-)

ravenrose 11-14-2013 03:16 AM

I just can't keep mine clean enough. once there is ANY soured cream in there, ugh. I have washed and washed and it still has a whiff of sour milk that puts me off.

I suggest being ultra careful never to let the cream in it get old and soaking it in very hot water and soap. it's especially the plastic parts that get stinky.

I just whip in a bowl now. it's really not slower. the only real advantage to me of the whipper was being able to use a tablespoon here and there, and let's be honest, I would usually use more than that anyway. LOL

cselzler 11-14-2013 03:36 AM

Love mine! Just keep whipped cream in the fridge ready to add to any ol thing. Hot chocolate with a spray of whipped cream - a great treat for this WOE. It lasts a long time in the fridge and it's always ready! I make a microwave single serve cake with a little low carb fruit sauce and a spray of whipped cream for a treat and very little carbs. You can whip it up and be eating it in 10 minutes with the whipped cream ready to go. This WOE is just so decadent! LOL

SkeeterN 11-14-2013 03:07 PM

I pretty much use mine only for whipped cream. I have the pint size and use 3 tablespoons vanilla s/f coffee creamer and heavy whipping cream. Attach the lid, N20 thingy and shake. YUMMO!

Says not to put in dishwasher but I have always with no problems. Never on the bottom rack though. No stinky here. Have you tried a tiny bit of bleach in some water? Just wash it very well after wards.

dianafoot 11-14-2013 04:02 PM

I love mine, too. I keep it filled and in the door of the fridge, ready to use at a moment's notice. I do remove the tip and wash it after each use so it doesn't collect cream that spoils. Mainly I like having whipped cream that has no other ingredients like Splenda or preservatives.

Charski 11-14-2013 06:14 PM

I have a WhipIt which is basically the same thing. LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Whipped cream stays fresh in it a good two weeks.

I always take off the plastic dispenser thingie and wash it out after each use, plus I kind of use my fingernail to scoop any remaining whipped cream from the metal fitting that the plastic thingie screws onto.

When it's empty, I soak the head and the gasket in a solution of dishsoap, water, and a little citric acid. I have never had a "sour milk" smell from any of it.

I do put the aluminum container in the dishwasher, but I handwash the rest.

I've never made anything but whipped cream in it, but I do add a tablespoon of SF pudding powder to the cream. Really makes it thick and luscious!

JHoberer 11-14-2013 08:17 PM

Love mine!! I don't remember the brand name though.

dianafoot 11-15-2013 06:12 PM

I just bought a new one after about 15 years. My old one started shooting the little pressure canisters across the room like bullets, so I figured I'd update before it killed somebody!

flossie73 11-15-2013 07:11 PM

:rofl:

JHoberer 11-15-2013 10:44 PM

:laugh:

snowangel9 11-18-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 16684869)
I just bought a new one after about 15 years. My old one started shooting the little pressure canisters across the room like bullets, so I figured I'd update before it killed somebody!

I love mine! I have both sizes and love them for whipped cream. That's really all I use it for. I did find out, the hard way, they sell different gases for different things. So make sure you get the co2 cartridges. I just add sweetener to the cream and maybe some vanilla or other flavoring and that's it. Love that thing!

SkeeterN 11-18-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16687676)

I love mine! I have both sizes and love them for whipped cream. That's really all I use it for. I did find out, the hard way, they sell different gases for different things. So make sure you get the co2 cartridges. I just add sweetener to the cream and maybe some vanilla or other flavoring and that's it. Love that thing!

NO You need N20 not co2. C02 is Only to be used for making soda water. You need Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Whipped Cream Chargers for a cream whipper

Charski 11-18-2013 01:05 PM

Yes, agree with Anita! Nitrous oxide is what you want.

There is a guy named Jason Logsdon that has a bunch of siphon whipper recipes. If you do an internet search you'll find him.

Also the WhipIt website has recipes.

EllaP 11-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16687780)
Yes, agree with Anita! Nitrous oxide is what you want.

There is a guy named Jason Logsdon that has a bunch of siphon whipper recipes. If you do an internet search you'll find him.

Also the WhipIt website has recipes.

Jason Logsdon also has a kindle book, The Whipping Siphon, available and the paperback version becomes available tomorrow.

snowangel9 11-18-2013 10:39 PM

See!! :rofl: That's what I meant. I bought the wrong ones inadvertently and couldn't figure out why it wasn't making whip cream! :eek:
I did get the correct ones, but thanks for clarifying, whew!!!

Charski 11-19-2013 07:46 AM

That book, "The Whipping Siphon" by Jason Logsdon, is available today, tomorrow, and Thursday 11/21 FREE in the Kindle version. Go to Amazon, put that title in the search, and download it!

Ozcook 11-19-2013 12:10 PM

Foam, foam on the range

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16688825)
That book, "The Whipping Siphon" by Jason Logsdon, is available today, tomorrow, and Thursday 11/21 FREE in the Kindle version. Go to Amazon, put that title in the search, and download it!

Big thank-you Charski for pointing this out. :jumpjoy:

solarpluvia 11-19-2013 12:45 PM

Yes! Thank you Charski! I've been debating the purchase of a whipper and this book might push me over the edge.

JHoberer 11-19-2013 05:13 PM

Thanks!!!

watcher513 11-20-2013 12:51 AM

Thank you Charski!

shunsweets 11-20-2013 04:13 AM

Amazon must be having a run on this book thanks to Charski lol. Thank you!