Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Quick snack (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/816747-quick-snack.html)

believer170 11-08-2013 01:10 AM

Quick snack

I work nights and I get hungry it's hard to avoid all the goodies in the staff room. I didn't want another mcdouble no bread bc I did that yesterday and don't wanna eat that crap everyday.

I went to a deli, got a half pound of turkey, and some mayo packets and pork rinds. lay out turkey, nice amount of māyo, pork rind, roll it up. It's delicioussss and just enough crunch I love the variety if texture here. Filling too. Hopefully the fat outweighs the protein.

This could help get me through induction.

watcher513 11-08-2013 01:19 AM

We have meat roll-ups sometimes also. It's a great snack or partial meal with a salad. I'll mix up some cream cheese with a little horseradish and some Italian seasoning and whatever else sounds good, garlic powder maybe. This needs to be made the day before so the flavors can meld together. I usually have some on hand. Then take a piece of roast beef, turkey or ham, smear some on and roll up. I usually cut them in half and stick a toothpick in one then use it for the others.

Or even a slice of cheese rolled up in the meat. It's all good and filling.

If no cream cheese concoction is made up, I'll use mayonnaise and/or mustard depending on the mood.

Chocolate Rose 11-08-2013 07:16 AM

Great idea!!
This reminds me of my "old" days when I would put potato chips in my sandwiches and loved the salty crunch.
I'm going to have to try your new version.

rosethorns 11-08-2013 08:31 AM

Put some avocado and cream cheese in them roll ups. YUM

pocahontas 11-08-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16675846)
Great idea!!
This reminds me of my "old" days when I would put potato chips in my sandwiches and loved the salty crunch.
I'm going to have to try your new version.

Was just thinking the same thing! :yummy:

believer170 11-09-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16675960)
Put some avocado and cream cheese in them roll ups. YUM

:faint:yum

Barbo 11-09-2013 07:08 PM

Try this for a roll-up

Napa cabbage. Makes for great roll ups. Crunchy and does not fall apart.
Can hold mayo/mustard or whatever you have.

Barbo 11-09-2013 08:09 PM

Try this for a roll-up

Napa cabbage. Makes for great roll ups. Crunchy and does not fall apart.
Can hold mayo/mustard or whatever you have.

erinmarie 11-11-2013 07:50 AM

Good idea with the cabbage. We got a tad burned out on cabbage a while back, because its so inexpensive I think I overdid it some lol! But it's been a couple of weeks so maybe I will pick some up at the market today! It's pretty tasty sautéed in coco oil for a stirfry base in the absence of cauliflower rice