Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   My best Chocolate Muffins (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/816746-my-best-chocolate-muffins.html)

sherrielee 11-07-2013 11:05 PM

My best Chocolate Muffins

How did I live without these babies?! I have been tweaking for weeks and these are perfect! They are beautiful and stay up keeping their shape and boy do they taste amazing. I hope you enjoy, don't sub to tweak guys it took many failures to get these to this point. They are huge too and only 1.6 carbs.

Sherrielee's Chocolate Muffins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

1 pkg cream cheese
1 stick full fat salted butter
Nukes this in a bowl for 30 seconds to soften or set them out early to soften up

Then add the rest of these ingredients:
1/2 cup ground golden flax meal
1/2 cup Carbquick bake mix
1/2 tsp pure 90% stevia powder
5 tbsp Hershey's Cocoa powder
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate DaVinci's sugar free syrup
1/4 cup caramel DaVinci's sugar free syrup

Mix all until well blended then use a ice cream scoop to pour into butter sprayed muffin pan. Bake 30 minutes. Knife should come out clean.

the nutritional information for you:
Calories 342
Fat 32.6
Saturated 15.4
Polyunsaturated. 1.6
Monounsaturated. 6.6
Carbohydrate 9.2 minus 7.6 fiber equals 1.6 carbs
Dietary Fiber 7.6
Protein 8.2

sherrielee 11-07-2013 11:38 PM

I forgot to add a photo, silly me!
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...00000503662402

slimstuff 11-08-2013 03:34 AM

Sherrielee, It's so good to see you back!! I love your recipes and am looking forward to making these muffins.

CarolynF 11-08-2013 04:18 AM

Yes, nice to see you again..:)

Just curious, though..Only 1/2 cup of flax and CQ?

sherrielee 11-08-2013 05:24 AM

Yeah really just 1/2 cup of each the batter is a lot like boxed cake batter in consistency.
When I was experimenting I kept thinking it needs more too but they kept falling and coming out too heavy. This is the closest I have ever come to getting them light and fluffy like regular cupcake / muffins. My hubby adores them. He's a tough critic too. You can choose other DaVinci's other than caramel but that is our favorite flavor we have used in them.

Glad to be back though my Lyme disease has still got me down, however we have found that low carb helps some with the symptoms.

sherrielee 11-08-2013 05:30 AM

Oh by the way his recipe makes 12 very large muffins and yes fill the muffin tin almost right up to the edge! It's a lot of batter!

sherrielee 11-08-2013 05:32 AM

I haven't tried it yet but I'm thinking of making this same recipe into a German Chocolate cake too. I have a recipe somewhere for the topping I made up years ago.

chewiegand 11-08-2013 07:36 AM

What could I sub for the Carbquick? I don't have it and don't want to buy it but I have almond flour, coconut flour, oat fiber, protein powder, egg white powder.

PaminKY 11-08-2013 07:56 AM

Glad to see you back. Years ago your cornbread recipe saved me from the dreaded "country girl cornbread withdrawal", I remember the title of the recipe being "They Said I Couldn't Have Cornbread" Alas, I don't use that recipe anymore since I eliminated soy but I have a really great replacement now using lupin flour, ground pork rinds and about 1/4 cup non-gmo cornmeal which I'm planning on trying to replace with ground up baby corn but haven't tried yet.

This looks like a good recipe but I don't use Carbquick or the Davinci syrups so I would have to sub those but I might try it.

Thanks

rosethorns 11-08-2013 08:22 AM

Wow !!! Hi Sherrrie
How are you doing, good to see you. You have been missed.

CarolynF 11-08-2013 10:52 AM

Thanks, Sherrielee...:) Definitely will try these soon..

nikkipowell 11-08-2013 02:40 PM

I made these today. Great!!! Thank you for the recipe. I was wondering if this would be good as a cake or if nuts were added, brownies.

Mistizoom 11-08-2013 07:26 PM

These sound good and I have all of the ingredients! I might try half a batch tomorrow.

sherrielee 11-08-2013 07:30 PM

Oh shoot I forgot to tell you that you don't have to store these in the fridge. I actually recommend that you don't they are much better just sitting in a plastic container or stacked in a covered glass cake dish. We usually eat them all within 5 days and they taste just as good as the first day. My hubby likes them warm right out of the oven and I prefer them room temp. It's nice to have a low carb dessert that doesn't require the fridge!

sherrielee 11-08-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 16675875)
What could I sub for the Carbquick? I don't have it and don't want to buy it but I have almond flour, coconut flour, oat fiber, protein powder, egg white powder.

Any kind of low carb baking mix should work about the same but I have fell in love with carbquik. I just got 4 boxes shipped from netrition last week to resupply us!

sherrielee 11-08-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaminKY (Post 16675904)
Glad to see you back. Years ago your cornbread recipe saved me from the dreaded "country girl cornbread withdrawal", I remember the title of the recipe being "They Said I Couldn't Have Cornbread" Alas, I don't use that recipe anymore since I eliminated soy but I have a really great replacement now using lupin flour, ground pork rinds and about 1/4 cup non-gmo cornmeal which I'm planning on trying to replace with ground up baby corn but haven't tried yet.

This looks like a good recipe but I don't use Carbquick or the Davinci syrups so I would have to sub those but I might try it.

Thanks

I remember you too! I have stayed away from most of the soy that I can too I hardly use any now. I'm going to try you suggestion on the different ingredients for the cornbread. I have several recipes that I'm trying to revamp to omit soy too!