Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Tammy2002
Stats: 173/143/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
cheesecake recipe

Hi all
i'm going to try making a pumpkin cheesecake for thanksgiving this weekend and thought of adding slivered almonds to the sides...when do you do that? after it's cooked? or before?
Tammy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
Start Date: which time?
Be kinda hard to do it before. Are you using a spring form pan? Don't know even how you'd get them to stick after, either. Maybe on top as a garnish? You could post this in the recipe help and suggestion forum. A lotta great cooks over there....
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
Be kinda hard to do it before. Are you using a spring form pan? Don't know even how you'd get them to stick after, either. Maybe on top as a garnish? You could post this in the recipe help and suggestion forum. A lotta great cooks over there....
yeah, it's a conundrum...thanks..i'll go over to the other board
Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
after. Once you take the springform pan away, the almonds should stick to the sides of the cheesecake. I have done it over a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath. I just press a handful of nuts to the side of the cake, a bunch fall off, you can just pick up handfuls of the ones that have fallen off and press them on again.

I made an apple streusel cheesecake the other day, I should have done this to the sides of the cake, it would have looked really nice.
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyl View Post
after. Once you take the springform pan away, the almonds should stick to the sides of the cheesecake. I have done it over a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath. I just press a handful of nuts to the side of the cake, a bunch fall off, you can just pick up handfuls of the ones that have fallen off and press them on again.

I made an apple streusel cheesecake the other day, I should have done this to the sides of the cake, it would have looked really nice.
thanks Jenny!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trflgrl
WOE: Don't eat like a tall person
A trick I use when applying garnish to the side of cakes:

On a large round platter or pizza pan (or even a cookie sheet/shallow baking pan), place a flat-bottomed bowl or other container upside down in the center. The container should be smaller than the bottom of the cake. Set the cake on the container in the middle--now you have a pedestal. As you put handfuls of garnish on the side of the cake, the extras fall into the platter, instead of scattering over the counter or table where they're harder to retrieve to re-use. When you're finished, move the cake to its serving platter

This helps get the garnish all the way to the bottom edge--very professional looking!--and keeps your serving platter pristine.

If you happen to have a flat round rubber gripper, or some small pieces of no-skid shelf liner, you can put one under and one on top of the pedestal container--then the cake will stay put better as you work your way around it.
trflgrl is offline   Reply With Quote