Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Charski's Oven Friend Artichoke Hearts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/812895-charskis-oven-friend-artichoke-hearts.html)

millergirl1976 09-25-2013 12:01 PM

Charski's Oven Friend Artichoke Hearts

I copied this recipe from Charski from a thread about artichokes over in the PG many months ago.

Now take about a cup of green-can Parm cheese and put in a shallow dish. Add some garlic powder to it and mix it up good. Toss the hearts in, a few at a time, and coat well with the cheese. Place them in a single layer on a nonstick foil lined baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Put into preheated 400* oven; turn over in about 10 minutes or so, til they're browned a bit on all sides. Let cool a few minutes before eating.

Ta da, easy ovenfried artichoke hearts!

Any of the sauces mentioned are great with these, or just ketchup.

I finally made them last night- yum!! I used Egg Beaters, and added some garlic salt and pork rinds to my parm. They are so delicious! I just had a few leftover for a snack. I made a sauce out of plain greek yogurt, dill and crushed garlic.

Thank you for this terrific recipe!

pocahontas 09-25-2013 01:53 PM

um, whoa! How did I miss these? Adding to my recipes and putting artichoke hearts on my grocery list. :up:

momov2boys 09-25-2013 01:57 PM

Do you use frozen artichoke hearts?

Dottie 09-25-2013 02:55 PM

These sound really good!
Char, can you do avocado "fries" the same way?

millergirl1976 09-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16618926)
Do you use frozen artichoke hearts?

Yep. I used a bag from Trader Joes- thawed them, and squeezed them first.

Charski 09-25-2013 03:04 PM

Aw, thanks, millergirl! We love those things. Yep, I use the TJ's frozen hearts too, thawed/drained first.

Dottie, I don't see why not? I'd never even TRIED fried avocado til a few months back at our fave Japanese restaurant - they comped us an appetizer of tempura-fried avocado. OH MY.

Let me know if you try that! Or I'll post here if I do! :)

Andi, you'll love them.

pocahontas 09-26-2013 01:43 PM

I found a bag of frozen TJ's artichoke hearts in the freezer..........SCORE! Im making these tonight with grilled steaks. :yummy:

buttoni 09-26-2013 03:31 PM

these sound wonderful! The sky's the limit on possible dipping sauces for them!

Ginaaaaaa 09-26-2013 03:41 PM

I had to come in and say hello to charski's oven friend, artichoke hearts! LOL

I've never had artichokes! I know right? What am I waiting for?! These sound amazing, and easy using the frozen kind!

Charski 09-26-2013 03:41 PM

Oh yeah, Peggy. I've used bleu cheese dressing, Ranch dressing, mayo mixed with Chipotle Tabasco, sweet & sour sauce, tzatziki, the Greek Yogurt Jalapeno dip from Costco - whatever sounds yummy probably will be!

DH just likes ketchup with his.

Charski 09-26-2013 03:42 PM

LOL Gina! I didn't even catch that, and I'm usually the first one to see something like that! I had to go look to see what you meant! :laugh:

millergirl1976 09-26-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa (Post 16620434)
I had to come in and say hello to charski's oven friend, artichoke hearts! LOL

I've never had artichokes! I know right? What am I waiting for?! These sound amazing, and easy using the frozen kind!

You know how those hearts are... so very friendly.

:lol:

I JUST saw that too!

Ginaaaaaa 09-26-2013 03:54 PM

Haha! I don't always catch them but this one I did and it was so cute and funny!

Charski 09-26-2013 05:03 PM

Couldn't have been a more apropos typo! :D

rosethorns 09-27-2013 08:01 AM

These sound wonderful!!!!

pocahontas 09-27-2013 10:56 AM

These were delish! I squeezed some lemon over the top and dipped in chipotle mayo. They will def go into the regular rotation! For the parm, I added some garlic & herb Mrs. Dash. I also added a pinch of salt because believe it or not, our TJ's parm in the green can is not very salty and I find it always needs a pinch. Thanks Char!!! :up:

Charski 09-27-2013 01:12 PM

:clap: Glad you liked them, Andi!

Karerose 09-29-2013 09:32 AM

Marking my spot

KCSoccer 10-01-2013 06:39 AM

Made these last night for dinner (with a grilled hanger steak). Yum! This recipe is going into my regular rotation. Thanks Charski!

Ocean 10-01-2013 08:47 PM

Sounds good. I love artichokes.