Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Almond Flour Doughnuts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/812725-almond-flour-doughnuts.html)

Ginaaaaaa 09-21-2013 08:10 PM

Almond Flour Doughnuts

1 Attachment(s)
What can I say, it's fall and I'm back to baking all kinds of goodies lol

I whipped up these doughnuts for breakfast and I think they're over the top. My favorite doughnut is the cakey kind and these really make a great stand in!

I used sugar free honey but you could just sub your favorite sweetener and a little water instead. For the topping I blended erythritol in my coffer grinder for just a second and I didn't have the Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East Spice, so I just added a little cinnamon to the doughnut part and used cinnamon and nutmeg in the topping.

Recipe is from the Honeyville Grain website

Almond Flour Doughnuts

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East Spice
6 Tbsp Honeyville Powdered Whole Eggs
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Topping (Optional):
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East Spice
1 stick of Butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, sift Almond Flour, Nutmeg, Salt, Baking Soda, and Wise Woman of the East Spice together.
In a separate bowl, combine Vanilla, Butter, Honey, and Powdered Whole Eggs and whisk together.

Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
Pour batter into a lightly greased doughnut pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

While doughnuts are baking, make topping by mixing Sugar and Wise Woman of the East Spice in a small bowl, then melting butter in a separate bowl.

Once doughnuts are done baking, remove from tray and dip each doughnut in the melted butter, then in the sugar, spice blend, and place on a cooling tray. The topping is optional, but does add a lot of flavor and taste to these doughnuts.

Tweaker Geek 09-21-2013 09:04 PM

They sure look good, Gina!

buttoni 09-21-2013 09:06 PM

They look so tasty, Ginaaa.

Ginaaaaaa 09-21-2013 09:26 PM

Can't wait to have one in the morning with coffee! :)

Barbo 09-21-2013 09:31 PM

Love your picture!

I don't have powdered whole eggs. What shall I do?

Ginaaaaaa 09-21-2013 09:32 PM

Thanks! I used 3 lg eggs in place of the powdered eggs, I forgot to mention that.

sherrymyra 09-21-2013 09:56 PM

It looks like the only liquid in them is the 1/4 cup of melted butter and the honey. Is that right? In that case it seems you would need the whole eggs.

They look good.

ohr 09-22-2013 07:40 AM

Any idea of the calorie and carb count?

Ginaaaaaa 09-22-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherrymyra (Post 16614261)
It looks like the only liquid in them is the 1/4 cup of melted butter and the honey. Is that right? In that case it seems you would need the whole eggs.

They look good.

2 Tbsp's of Powdered Egg with 4 Tbsp's of water makes one whole egg, so you can either use 3 whole eggs or use 6 tbsp powdered eggs and 12 tbsp of water which equals 3/4 cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohr (Post 16614490)
Any idea of the calorie and carb count?

Sorry the information wasn't provided and I haven't calculated the counts yet.

sherrymyra 09-22-2013 02:32 PM

Ok. so the powdered eggs have the liquid added that equals real eggs. I didn't get that part since it doesn't say that in the recipe. . No matter, I used the 3 whole eggs.

And they are awesome. :jumpjoy:

Thanks for the recipe.

Ginaaaaaa 09-22-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherrymyra (Post 16614942)
Ok. so the powdered eggs have the liquid added that equals real eggs. I didn't get that part since it doesn't say that in the recipe. . No matter, I used the 3 whole eggs.

And they are awesome. :jumpjoy:

Thanks for the recipe.

Yes, I think the part about the water was left out. I'm glad you liked them! My sister came over for coffee and doughnuts and she liked them as well.