Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Kevin's "No Bake" Refrigerator Cookies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/812584-kevins-no-bake-refrigerator-cookies.html)

Pam 09-19-2013 05:50 PM

Kevin's "No Bake" Refrigerator Cookies

I've been wanting to make this for several years. Yesterday, I finally made them. These are absolutely delicious! Kevin is "right on" when he said the cookies tasted like there was oatmeal in them. I'll be making these often.

Kevin was definitely a genius in the kitchen.

Here's his recipe:

No Bake Cookies

*upfront notes*

These are very easy and versatile and you could use the sweetener of your choice to equal 2 cups.

The combination of sweeteners i used had no cooling effect and if you close your eyes you would swear it had oatmeal in them from the combination of nuts and seeds i used..

I am sure many variations of these would be equally as good.

3/4 cup granular erythritol
1 1/2 tsp splenda quick pack…1 ˝ c. equivalent
2 TBL not/starch (for cooling effect control)

3 TBL cocoa

1/2 cup heavy cream(or lc milk)

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 stick butter

1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
1/2 cut sunflower seeds

In non stick pan combine sweetener mix then add cold milk and bring to a boil for approx. 1 min.

Remove from heat and stir in butter and peanut butter until melted.

Stir in coconut, nuts, and seeds until completely covered.

Drop tablespoons of mixture on parchment or waxed paper and refrigerate until firm.

rosethorns 09-19-2013 06:16 PM

Pam I remember these. I have a question When you made them do you think the consistency needs cream? or could I use almond milk. HMMMMMMMMMM

Is it just to bind?

SkeeterN 09-19-2013 06:30 PM

Going to have to try this

buttoni 09-19-2013 08:31 PM

My MIL used to make these cookies. I adore them. I'll try this!

Pam 09-20-2013 06:03 AM

Esther.....I used 1/4 c. water & 1/4 c. cream. I'll bet almond milk would work.

kalatraza 09-22-2013 02:43 PM

Pam,

Sorry for the million questions, but can I ask what you used for sweetening & for the not/starch? Just want to have a place to start. I still struggle with chocolate. :) Not, you know, wanting to eat it. Just sweetening it.

Think I'll try some tagatose in this. And almond butter because I'm not so much a peanut butter person -- that's how I used to make the no-bakes before low carb. Funny, I used to think I was the ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD who ever bought almond butter.

Little did I know! LOL.

Thanks,
Kelly

Pam 09-22-2013 07:01 PM

Kelly....I used 3/4 c. granular Erythritol as the recipe states, and liquid splenda to equal 1 1/2 c. You might be able to omit the not/starch. Not really sure.