Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
A question about Maria's way...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have tried her recipes or bought her cookbooks? Just wondering what you (especially you fabulous cooks out there!) thought. I am going to try her meal plan but haven't tried any recipes yet. Any feed back would be appreciated!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have tried her recipes or bought her cookbooks? Just wondering what you (especially you fabulous cooks out there!) thought. I am going to try her meal plan but haven't tried any recipes yet. Any feed back would be appreciated!
I LOVE her recipes and her website. I've bought a couple of her cookbooks, but honesty, I use her website more than the cookbooks. I've gotten lazy about utilizing my cookbooks. I haven't tried her meal plan, but the reviews that have been posted are very positive.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I love her way. I get her newsletters to my email. Her website is easy to get around.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies! I really like her website too! Her recipes are awesome, at least to read!
Guess I'll find out how they work soon! It's almost too good to be true, you know?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Some of her recipes are good but I have found that most are very time consuming and use ingredients I don't readily have on hand.

Many of her recipes have never come out as she says, either in serving sizes or texture/taste.

Just my opinion, nothing more.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
I really love her website and her videos. She makes everything look so easy. The one cookbook I bought had many editing errors and I was disappointed in the picture and print quality, but the information was very good.
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Thanks for posting this! I just spent a little time perusing her website. Great info, and some great recipes! I started at the oldest ones and started looking forward. Her older recipes seem very simple.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

millergirl, your welcome! I've been doing the same thing, looking through the old blogs. I thought too they look pretty simple. As for not turning out, Grammypat, I think it was, said they turned out great. I am going to start trying them...

Beeb, I thought they had fewer ingredients than a lot of the other low carb stuff I've tried. I like that others try it & then based on their feedback she adjusts or corrects the recipe.

But, then I remember the days of this isolate, that isolate, this gluten, that oat flour. I had a whole pantry shelf dedicated to low carb baking back then! That's why I love hers!

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
Old 09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/241.8/150
WOE: Whatever I feel like that day....
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Her low carb muffins and breads are really great when you need something like that. To keep it simple, even if the recipe calls for separating egg whites and whipping them and then folding them back in.. blah blah.. I don't do that. I don't like to bake so it needs to be EZ! The taste has never suffered. I've never tried a savory recipe of hers, because they do tend to be rather complicated. I am sure they are good. She has a huge following!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

lol dipgal -
Nice to know they still turn out! I've tried her Italian meatloaf & it's really good. Just tried the angel food cake and that turned out awesome! Made her lemon curd to go with & oh, my! Then, the protein popovers, well let's just say the daughter wants more - lots more! Trying the chili tomorrow... So far they've all been good. I messed up the 'protein bread' so I'll have to try that one again. It's all been good, & I love all the information she has..