Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   A question about Maria's way... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/812570-question-about-marias-way.html)

snowangel9 09-19-2013 01:05 PM

A question about Maria's way...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have tried her recipes or bought her cookbooks? Just wondering what you (especially you fabulous cooks out there!) thought. I am going to try her meal plan but haven't tried any recipes yet. Any feed back would be appreciated! :)

Chocolate Rose 09-19-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16611399)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have tried her recipes or bought her cookbooks? Just wondering what you (especially you fabulous cooks out there!) thought. I am going to try her meal plan but haven't tried any recipes yet. Any feed back would be appreciated! :)

I LOVE her recipes and her website. I've bought a couple of her cookbooks, but honesty, I use her website more than the cookbooks. I've gotten lazy about utilizing my cookbooks. I haven't tried her meal plan, but the reviews that have been posted are very positive.

rosethorns 09-19-2013 02:59 PM

I love her way. I get her newsletters to my email. Her website is easy to get around.

snowangel9 09-19-2013 04:37 PM

Thanks ladies! I really like her website too! Her recipes are awesome, at least to read! :D
Guess I'll find out how they work soon! It's almost too good to be true, you know?

Beeb 09-22-2013 06:00 PM

Some of her recipes are good but I have found that most are very time consuming and use ingredients I don't readily have on hand.

Many of her recipes have never come out as she says, either in serving sizes or texture/taste.

Just my opinion, nothing more. :dunno:

dianafoot 09-23-2013 05:48 AM

I really love her website and her videos. She makes everything look so easy. The one cookbook I bought had many editing errors and I was disappointed in the picture and print quality, but the information was very good.

millergirl1976 09-23-2013 02:33 PM

Thanks for posting this! I just spent a little time perusing her website. Great info, and some great recipes! I started at the oldest ones and started looking forward. Her older recipes seem very simple.

snowangel9 09-23-2013 03:17 PM

millergirl, your welcome! :D I've been doing the same thing, looking through the old blogs. I thought too they look pretty simple. As for not turning out, Grammypat, I think it was, said they turned out great. I am going to start trying them...

Beeb, I thought they had fewer ingredients than a lot of the other low carb stuff I've tried. I like that others try it & then based on their feedback she adjusts or corrects the recipe.

But, then I remember the days of this isolate, that isolate, this gluten, that oat flour. I had a whole pantry shelf dedicated to low carb baking back then! That's why I love hers! :D

dipgal 09-30-2013 03:11 PM

Her low carb muffins and breads are really great when you need something like that. To keep it simple, even if the recipe calls for separating egg whites and whipping them and then folding them back in.. blah blah.. I don't do that. I don't like to bake so it needs to be EZ! The taste has never suffered. I've never tried a savory recipe of hers, because they do tend to be rather complicated. I am sure they are good. She has a huge following!

snowangel9 09-30-2013 09:46 PM

lol dipgal -
Nice to know they still turn out! I've tried her Italian meatloaf & it's really good. Just tried the angel food cake and that turned out awesome! Made her lemon curd to go with & oh, my! Then, the protein popovers, well let's just say the daughter wants more - lots more! :D Trying the chili tomorrow... So far they've all been good. I messed up the 'protein bread' so I'll have to try that one again. It's all been good, & I love all the information she has.. :up: