fat head pizza crust
I keep reading and reading about this. Has anyone tried it? I make at least once a week Jennifer Eloff pizza crust in the first Low carbing among friends cookbook. Wonder if it would be all that different?
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbs cream cheese
Parchment paper and cookie sheet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Mix the cheese with the almond flour and egg. I also add a few dashes of parsley, fennel and oregano.
4. Flatten out the dough on the parchment paper/cookie sheet. I like to put my hand in a sandwich bag so that nothing sticks.
5. Liberally sprinkle the crust with garlic salt. Poke the dough a bit with a fork to prevent bubbles*.
6. Bake for 8 minutes, and poke any bubbles.
7. Bake for another 4-6 minutes until it is slightly brown on top.
8. Add any ingredients for your topping and then pop back into the oven to melt the cheese on top
Nope! But it sounds good! Wouldn't that be induction friendly too? Thanks for posting though. I'll have to give it a try! I do love pizza! :) Have a question if you don't mind. In her new books does Jennifer use more almond flour & less 'mixes' of flour?
I made it and it is great! It was a hit with the entire family (not LC). I have seen people use it for Sausage Rolls or individual "Hot Pockets" too ;) You could pick it up and eat it with your hands....no fork required.
BUT NancyElle's Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust, the recipe for which is in the Stickies at the top of this forum, is just eggs, cheese, and seasonings. We love it and it is definitely induction-friendly.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.|