Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Grilled Grass-Fed Sriracha Burgers

Man, I was in hamburger heaven last night. Finally have a sturdy, unobtrusive, soft, neutral-tasting LC hamburger bun, enhanced by an incredibly good seasoning for grilled burgers. So easy yet sooooo good.
I have to say these burgers go down in the annals of our 45 years or grilling burgers as the absolutely BEST burger I have ever EVER tasted, anywhere. The grass-fed beef give them a vibrant, rich beefy flavor. Then the marinade mixture I blended into the meat took them to sheer hamburger Nirvana. To put that comment into perspective, I do not put condiments on my burgers: I only use lettuce and tomato on them, so the flavor of the meat REALLY comes through on my burgers. My husband, who puts EVERYTHING on a burger, said he couldn’t taste the marinate so much, only the smoke taste. Mustard can be a powerful thing (why I don’t like it). So hubby left the mustard off his second burger and then he agreed with me…….he then, too, said the taste of the meat was incredible. You can serve your burgers on your favorite low-carb buns. I served mine on my newest Gluten-Free Grain-Free Hamburger Buns. They are neutral-tasting like high-carb white bread buns, soft, moist, yet sturdy enough to hold up to the juiciness of the meat and tomato. These burger patties are suitable for all phases of Atkins, Keto, Primal and Paleo lifestyles, provided you eat them on a plan-suitable bun.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. grass-fed ground beef or ground lamb if your prefer (mine is 90% lean)
3 T. butter or ghee, melted
2 tsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce (or 1 tsp. Sambal Oelek sauce)
3/4 tsp. your favorite spice blend (I used homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning)
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. garlic powder

DIRECTIONS: Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over the ground beef or lamb in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork, cover. Marinate int eh refrigerator for 4 hours. When ready to cook the burgers, prepare a hot charcoal fire and grill the burgers as usual (about 7 minutes on a side for medium). The butter in the meat will make them flare up, so don’t walk away to fix that adult beverage while these babies cook. Serve on your favorite low-carb buns along with your favorite condiments and side dishes.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes four 4-oz. burger patties, each contains (not including your bun):

297 calories
24.7 g fat
.97 g carbs, .02 g fiber, .95 g NET CARBS
20 g protein
247 mg sodium
5.9 mg potassium
10 % RDA Vitamin A, 27% iron

The buns were a double batch of my Gluten-free Grain-free Sandwich Bun/Focaccia bread batter, made with all Jack cheese (no mozzy) and cooked in mini cake/pie pans so they rose taller. They are pictured here in post #38: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ch-buns-2.html
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
We Sriracha but I had never thought of mixing into our burger patties! YUM!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
When I read Grilled Grass-Fed Sriracha Burgers Peggy, my first thought was that it was some new kind of animal.......... chuckle........... I don't get around much............... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
That looks great Peggy!!!
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Making my mouth water! We are having portabella mushroom burgers tonight (DH can't eat beef anymore) but I am tempted to somehow "sriracha" them now
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
We Sriracha but I had never thought of mixing into our burger patties! YUM!
Anbd thank you, Esther. Alex, I can tell you you won't regret the Sriracha if you should decide to try it. Best dang burger I EVER ate!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote