Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nspeedracer
Stats: 149/124/115 5'3''
Best LC Flour Recipe??

Hey, Im in an area where I cant buy Carbquick or any low carb baking flour... I cant order it either cause the shipping is outrageous.
What is everyones favorite recipe for this?
Its for pancakes mostly, maybe other little things. I cant stand flax, so flax pancakes or muffin in a minute is out of the question Takes like a slimy sponge to me.
Thanks in advance!!!!!
Natalie
nspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nspeedracer
Stats: 149/124/115 5'3''
Someone has to have a bake mix recipe they recommend, right?
nspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by nspeedracer View Post
Someone has to have a bake mix recipe they recommend, right?
Sorry Natalie
The 2 I have you will have to order the ingredients from netrition.Sorry Natalie read the bottom too.

I just saw this. Have you looked at Ouizoid's Better than flour mix?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...h-recipes.html

This is the thread that started everything. This is an awesome recipe and everybody contributed to the recipes. It is worth the read.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...flour-mix.html

How about Jen's Gluten free mix? You can make a lot of food with these 2 recipes. It took me a while to find Jens recipe.
SPLENDID GLUTEN-FREE BAKE MIX
Almond flour versus almond meal produces slight differences. Since my husband is merely intolerant of gluten, we use the garden variety oat flour by Arrowhead Mills. Gluten contamination is apparently minimal.

1 2/3 cups almond flour, OR (400 mL)
(I use almond meal, i.e. ground sliced
almonds versus almond flour)
3/4 cup certified gluten-free oat flour (175 ml)
2 tbsp sifted coconut flour, (30 mL)
(Bob’s Red Mill®)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum (3 mL)

In large bowl, combine almond flour, OR almond meal, oat flour (if you are intolerant to gluten-free oat flour then substitute some other gluten-free flour), coconut flour and xanthan gum. In container with airtight lid, place bake mix and shake the container well to combine. When measuring oat flour (not necessary with the other ingredients) into measuring cup, make sure to tap the cup on the counter top and fill to the top to get the correct yield for the bake mix. Keep bake mix at room temperature for up to one month or freeze for much longer storage.

Instructions: Substitute 1/4 cup (60 mL) additional bake mix when substituting for 1 cup (250 mL) or more than 1 cup (250 mL) flour in recipes and use 2 tbsp (30 mL) more if substituting for less than 1 cup (250 mL). Always begin by adding an extra egg in muffins, cakes, coffeecakes and loaves (except for cookies usually as it changes the texture) and withholding about half the liquid/wet/fat ingredients and adding in as necessary. If the batter after processing at least a minute is still very thick, add more of the liquid ingredients and if accidentally the batter ends up too sloppy, then add a little more bake mix. If all the liquid has been used and the batter is still stiff, add another egg and another if necessary. Baking experience will be helpful. Coconut flour needs eggs.

This bake mix is great in muffins, loaves, cookies, donuts, coffeecakes, many cakes, pie crusts and a few other specialized applications, but will not be suitable for all applications, nor for most yeast applications. Xanthan gum has gluten-like properties and it binds ingredients together preventing crumbly outcomes.

My Alternate Bake Mixes (not gluten-free): When substituting the Splendid Gluten-Free bake mix for some of my other bake mixes, 2 tbsp (30 mL) to 1/4 cup (60 mL) more bake mix may be required depending on if one is replacing less than 1 cup (250 mL) or 1 cup (250 mL) or more (last 2, latter amount). Follow the same rules above. It is convenient to double or triple this bake mix.

Yield: 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
1/4 cup (60 mL) per serving
125.7 calories
4.5 g protein
8.9 g fat
5.7 g carbs

I hope this helps.Sorry I didn't see that it would cost so much. Jen's G/F mix should be easy to make.If you can't find g/f oat flour. Make your own. It won't be certified g/f but at least you can make it. Take old fashion oats and spin them into flour in your blender.

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 09-09-2013 at 06:38 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
If you want pancakes or waffles, look up BettyR's Amazing Waffles recipe. It doesn't use any weird ingredients, just stuff that's pretty easy to find.

Now if you want a bake mix for other things too, then go with Essy's suggestions above.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Natalie do you want the one minute muffin recipe made out of almond flour?

I'm allergic to flax so I know how you feel.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
I don't like all flax OMM's either so I either use 1/2 flax and 1/2 almond flour for the recipe or All almond flour. Either way it works.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Check out Jen Eloff's bake mix recipes on her site, Splendid Low Carbing with Jennifer Eloff. She's a member here and I've made up and baked with several of her bake mixes, usually in combination with a bit of Carbquck, but that's not necessary. I've had very good results with every one of them, but my favs are her Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix and her Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrammyPat
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 2008
Check out Maria Emmerich's blog

She has a great recipe for low carb pancakes using cottage cheese and eggs. They are fluffy and wonderful!
GrammyPat is offline   Reply With Quote