Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Watkins Imitation Peanut Butter Flavoring??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/811773-watkins-imitation-peanut-butter-flavoring.html)

Nigel 09-08-2013 05:09 PM

Watkins Imitation Peanut Butter Flavoring???

Watkins Imitation Peanut Butter Flavoring???

Somehow this item landed in my grocery bag yesterday and I have no clue how it got there or what I can even do with it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated here.

rosethorns 09-08-2013 05:40 PM

LOL I have no idea what that is. And I know some of watkins products.

sligh 09-09-2013 09:40 AM

Sounds like you were meant to try it. Do you make smoothies? You could add a few drops to a chocolate smoothie to give it a peanut butter cup flavor. That's all I can think of.

Nigel 09-09-2013 10:52 AM

Well, I had never heard of it either and cannot imagine why they would make such a product....but maybe it tastes good.

I'm debating on opening it and trying it. The smoothie idea is a good one.

I suppose I could use google--somehow I forgot about that. lol

Nigel 09-09-2013 10:55 AM

Okay, so I found it on Amazon and with not so good reviews.

It says "Used in peanut butter cookies, hot chocolate, chocolate and other frostings, whipped topping, stir-fry, and Asian sauces"

But most reviews said it tasted strange....

helper 09-09-2013 01:42 PM

Nigel--

If you do decide to taste it, I would appreciate knowing what you think of it. Not so much as your like/dislike but more about if it tastes like p-butter. Sometimes I use a tad of Loran pb oil in my peanut butter, but not real satisfied with that flavor. Any other comments/opinions will be appreciated also.
Thanks, helper

Yaz 09-09-2013 03:32 PM

I use it in protein ice cream and add it to peanut flour when I make peanut butter.

tofucheez 09-10-2013 05:06 AM

i'm interested in your opinion on its flavor, as well.

I, too, use Lorann from time to time, and while I kind of like it, I don't think it tastes like PB at all!

helper 09-10-2013 11:04 AM

To anyone--

Nigel--where did you buy this product? What store. I can't tell where you are located.
Where have you other folks seen it? I am in southern md. 2 hours south of D.C.
Thanks, helper

Yaz 09-11-2013 07:51 AM

It smells and tastes more like peanut butter than the Da Vinci? or Torani? Peanut Butter SF syrup. I buy mine at Walmart.

helper 09-11-2013 08:25 AM

Thanks, Yaz--

Hope my Walmart gets it but wont hold my breath.

helper.

Nigel 09-11-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helper (Post 16598254)
Nigel--where did you buy this product? What store. I can't tell where you are located.
Where have you other folks seen it? I am in southern md. 2 hours south of D.C.
Thanks, helper

I live in south Texas and I got it at HEB or at least that is the store where it landed in my bag.

You can find it on the watkins site or on amazon if you want to order it.

I still haven't tried it.

Nigel 09-13-2013 10:12 AM

I saw Watkins vanilla at super walmart yesterday, if that helps anyone.

tofucheez 09-14-2013 05:12 AM

Yeah, I see their vanilla everywhere, but never have seen their PB. Didn't know it existed til you posted.